Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, went for a drive to let it calibrate (I’d read that), but then realised we don’t get speed sign recognition. Other makes get this here, so it shouldn’t be a local restriction. Could be compliance paperwork that needs to be approved first... just guessing.

I had what felt like way more phantom braking on .36 this evening than I can recall in the past. Not hard braking but just annoying frequent little slow-downs of a few km/h. Maybe it was because it was dusk, I don't know.
I believe it is more cautious, especially around traffic lights.
To adjust to the current speed limit, I’ve always just tapped the speed limit. In the release notes is states you “simply tapping the cluster speedometer “ I’ve tried tapping everywhere, nothing else seems to work except the original tap of the speed limit sign... any clue?

@matsoutback speed sign recognition in other vehicles is using mobileye's patented edge recognition algorithm. Tesla used the same in HW1 cars. Then Elon decided he didn't want to pay licensing fees and they'd develop their own neural network algo to detect speed signs. hence the long wait for reliable speed limit detection.

Notice a recent update has destroyed voice recognition again. The only way it will recognise ‘call’ is with an american accent, sometimes.
If you say ‘call cole’ it comes up with cole cole. But if you say it with a bit of american attitude and say ‘cole cole’ it comes up with call cole. Cant wait for FSD.
Yes, I’ve noticed it has gone back to only recognising a fairly strong generic US accent.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Well we know the rewrite (v11) is coming, but I expect the car will go backwards in some areas for a while
Well, I hope they don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. People often think complete rewrites are the way to properly fix software that has revision built upon revision. Clean sheet of paper and all that. But often it just ends up breaking even more stuff or missing important bits. I'll reserve my judgment on this one! ;)