Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'wiper neural net' implementation. IMO they should have sprung for the patented $5 rain detector part but I guess at this point any improvement will be welcome.
One thing about the neural net approach to wipers - if they ever get it right, it's then free forever, instead of $5 per vehicle. That said, I have no idea how much money they spent on developing said neural net.

2019.40 just went into limited release in Nth America only at this stage - updates to lane changes and windscreen wipers with start of 'wiper neural net' implementation.
Biggest improvement I am waiting from 2019.40 update is the increased supercharging speed for the SR+ from being limited to 100kW to increasing up to 170kW. I know this does not affect people who had the means to get the P or AWD versions but the rest of us will finally be able to use full power of V2 Tesla superchargers and possibly get faster charging from the 3rd party superchargers also.

Strange, My car just reported it has an update. I almost got excited that 2019.40 might be coming and then I saw it is 2019.36.2.4.
I appear to be going through all the little updates, I had 2019.36.2.2, then 2019.36.2.3 and now getting 2019.36.2.4. I hope next will be 2019.40.

Downloading 2019.40.2 now!

Attachments

• 4A95C259-AAE4-41DB-BF20-9EF21B557BC1.jpeg
    4A95C259-AAE4-41DB-BF20-9EF21B557BC1.jpeg
    952.9 KB · Views: 77
Wait - do I see summon with key fob on those notes? No more fighting with my phone's Bluetooth to make summon work?
Yes! And it works really well compared to the crap we've been fighting with that always failed previously when you tried to show it off.

I finally got 40.2 and immediately tried smart summon - well colour me impressed, it worked very well and wasn't slow at all. The future is here.

Tesla releases Autopilot update with new speed adjustments, stop sign warnings, and more

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/06/tesla-update-autopilot-adjust-speed-stop-sign-warning/

n a new update (2019.40.2) this week, Tesla is pushing several new Autopilot features and improvements, including a new way to adjust speed on Autopilot based on the speed of an adjacent lane.

When your vehicle is moving at a significantly faster speed than vehicles in neighboring lanes, Autopilot now automatically reduces your driving speed. This is helpful in heavy traffic situations or when there is a long line of vehicles merging into a different lane or exiting onto an off-ramp. When your vehicle detects that adjacent lane traffic is significantly slower, the lane is highlighted with arrows and its vehicles are highlighted gray in the driving visualization. This speed adjustment can be temporarily overridden by pressing the accelerator pedal.

The new update also includes “Automatic lane change improvements”:

Automatic lane changes have been tuned to make lane changes with more confidence. When the adjacent lane is detected to be open, automatic lane changes will initiate faster and be more assertive.

Finally, Tesla is also introducing “Autosteer stop sign warning”:

Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign, in addition to stop lights, while Autosteer is in use. This is not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car.

Tesla releases Autopilot update with new speed adjustments, stop sign warnings, and more

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/06/tesla-update-autopilot-adjust-speed-stop-sign-warning/

n a new update (2019.40.2) this week, Tesla is pushing several new Autopilot features and improvements, including a new way to adjust speed on Autopilot based on the speed of an adjacent lane.

When your vehicle is moving at a significantly faster speed than vehicles in neighboring lanes, Autopilot now automatically reduces your driving speed. This is helpful in heavy traffic situations or when there is a long line of vehicles merging into a different lane or exiting onto an off-ramp. When your vehicle detects that adjacent lane traffic is significantly slower, the lane is highlighted with arrows and its vehicles are highlighted gray in the driving visualization. This speed adjustment can be temporarily overridden by pressing the accelerator pedal.

The new update also includes “Automatic lane change improvements”:

Automatic lane changes have been tuned to make lane changes with more confidence. When the adjacent lane is detected to be open, automatic lane changes will initiate faster and be more assertive.

Finally, Tesla is also introducing “Autosteer stop sign warning”:

Your car may warn you in some cases if it detects that you are about to run a stop sign, in addition to stop lights, while Autosteer is in use. This is not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car.

FYI stop sign detection is not activated in any regions outside US (not even Canada) in 2019.40 releases. Not sure about the adjacent lane speed feature however. I don’t think it is in Australia.

source: green on Twitter

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sauhsoj and ARMARM