Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So have driven the S now. lane changes very much more responsive. An undocumented but very welcome change is that when you are behind a car at the lights on autopilot the car takes off and follows much better now - it used to wait so long to take off that cars would almost ram the back of you - much more 'human' movement now.

Have noticed considerable regression when following through intersection with lights and hence no marked lanes - went a bit troppo with direction changes on an intersection it used to do quite comfortably..

Have noticed considerable regression when following through intersection with lights and hence no marked lanes - went a bit troppo with direction changes on an intersection it used to do quite comfortably..
That's very frustrating to hear. It comes and goes at regular intervals it seems based on my experience over the last few years. Some releases the car smoothly has been driving through intersections ignoring all side streets and every so often a release comes around where the car wants to dive down every side street, even when there are clear markings around.

...which all begs the questions of what they are doing....they split difference vehicles into different patches and now we are all on the same numbered patch (except the functionality is different across different vehicles and regions). Any computer software guru types know what might be up with that? Just curious...

...which all begs the questions of what they are doing....they split difference vehicles into different patches and now we are all on the same numbered patch (except the functionality is different across different vehicles and regions). Any computer software guru types know what might be up with that? Just curious...
Likely they have so many different vehicle configurations now that they don't bother validating across all possible configs, and then release only the versions that are validated for that configuration. Additionally there could be fixes unique to a particular configuration that offer nothing for the rest of the fleet so it makes no sense to send it out to them.

The only new stuff the 2019.40 release notes showed for my SR+ without FSD were the improved charging speed and auto wipers now using neural net. All other things in the release notes were there with 2019.36.2.4 already. Have not had the chance to test the charging speed, but am happy about that, as it will be very useful for me after Christmas when I will be roaming around a bit more.

I have 2019.40.2.1 and had to call Tesla the other day as the reversing camera screen was black. Known issue apparently.
Workaround is to let the car deep sleep and it fixes itself (if 2 button reset doesn't do anything - didn't for me).

I have 2019.40.2.1 and had to call Tesla the other day as the reversing camera screen was black. Known issue apparently.
Workaround is to let the car deep sleep and it fixes itself (if 2 button reset doesn't do anything - didn't for me).

My personal opinion is that the AP computer has crashed in this situation. Letting it go to sleep 'reboots' it or powers it off. You wouldn't have just lost reversing camera, but all cameras..ie. no TACC, AP or lane lines and other cars on the screen.

I was lucky as had an update waiting which would've done the same reboot, so didn't need to lose it for the rest of the day.

Obviously for sleep you need to turn Sentry off..

Noted the following "acceleration boost" note within my SR+ accounts upgrade/FSD page.

Tesla is hinting at a paid 'Acceleration Boost' upgrade for the Model 3
I suspect that the paid acceleration boost will not be available for SR+. The article incorrectly assumes the Facebook comment suggesting the feature will be available for SR+ where the comment just states that the "upgrade" page on tesla account is visible for SR+ if they have not purchased FSD, as they do have the option to purchase FSD. It does not assume they will also be able to purchase the acceleration boost.

My personal opinion is that the AP computer has crashed in this situation. Letting it go to sleep 'reboots' it or powers it off. You wouldn't have just lost reversing camera, but all cameras..ie. no TACC, AP or lane lines and other cars on the screen.

I was lucky as had an update waiting which would've done the same reboot, so didn't need to lose it for the rest of the day.

Obviously for sleep you need to turn Sentry off..
I have not had the camera issue myself, but I have had sat nav issues twice now. First time the map kept constantly rotating between north up and driving direction. Kept doing it through reboots and everything. I even pulled the 12V battery off the car and it still kept doing it after reconnecting. That fixed itself overnight.
The second one was about 100m offset on the navigation, so the car thought it was about 100m toward east from its actual location. It kind of made using TACC impossible as on motorway instead of keeping to the set speed, it kept changing to the speeds of small side streets it thought I was flying over causing the car to slow down every few hundred meters. Was very annoying. Also 2 button restart did nothing to fix this and the break pedal + 2 buttons did not either. This also fixed itself overnight.
So I suspect if you let the car go to deep sleep for a bit longer times, way more components get restarted than just the computers that you can force reboots with the buttons.