Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to ditch auto because it never did what i wanted it to. I actually adjust manual a lot less than i did with auto. When it was on auto it kept reverting back to fresh air (i prefer it on recirc in town so i don't have to smell exhaust fumes), and i didn't like it's choice of vents. For example it would blow hot air on my face, which i can't stand, and would never cool my feet even on really hot days. As soon as you try to select the vent you want, it switches to manual anyway. At least on manual it will stay on the previous settings. On auto it's always doing it's own thing.

From twitter:

upload_2020-4-9_20-18-4.png

The easier way to set the fan speed (if one wants to) is to not use the touchscreen, and instead press the right scroll wheel and say "set fan speed to 3".
I've been playing with the voice commands more lately to try and get into them, but it's debatable whether this is easier or not. I'd say it's similarly clunky, especially when it doesn't work half the time. Personally I'm just not that into voice commands in general. I like it for more complex tasks like to start navigation or make a call. It's easier than typing text or scrolling menus, but for simple tasks i'd much prefer to just push a button or two.

I was coming North on the Newcastle expressway today on NOAP and navigating to the SC at Tuggerah. At the highway turnoff to Wyong the car pulled violently into the exit lane right at its beginning and then overcompensated as it tried to align itself in the lane. Yet heading south this morning and headed for the same SC the car pulled off into the exit lane and even followed the merge lane onto Wyong road in a very smooth manner.
Overall I cant say that I've noticed any improvements with the 8.3 update for NoAP.
Voice recognition seems to have improved greatly though.
Listening to an ex-Tesla software dudru yesterday... manual takeovers are transmitted for analysis so I'd be looking to interrupt ungainly manoeuvres, particularly on oft used routes.

Dashcam viewer looks like a good start.
It wont play all of some clips. It does not appear to show unsaved content. By this I mean it does not allow you to view the recent footage folder. Only Saved dashcam and Saved Sentry clips. Would be nice to be able to tag clips or specific sections as favourite, so as to find them again easily. Like this segment for example.

Couple things not so obvious with the Dashcam viewer implementation.

If you have Sentry mode OFF (no RED dot in the new Sun icon to the right of the Dashcam icon) you can still access and view the past ten minutes of footage when you jump back in our car. Simply tap the dashcam icon press save footage, then Launch Viewer. Because it has been "saved" it becomes view-able.

dashcamSm.jpg

Makes sense when you think about it but whenever you have the Dashcam viewer open, the Red record light in the dashcam icon disappears because it is no longer recording. When you close the viewer the red record light reappears after a couple of seconds. Manually saved footage ends up in Dashcam whereas Auto captured Sentry footage will be in Sentry.

Reactions: Vostok