Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who else still stuck on 2020.8.3? I am pretty sure I got a message on my phone (which later disappeared) about 3 weeks ago that an update was available but I was going out so could not take action. There was some early commentary on the internet about problems with that update but I have seen no further update messages since.
yay 2020.12.11.1 installed today.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I’ve noticed the regen braking changing over the last few software iterations. 8.3 was not as strong as 4.x and the 12.x is stronger but smoother.

The visualisations are picking up rubbish bins and road markings such as turning arrows as well as the lights and stop signs.

I haven’t had it out for Autopilot/TACC yet, but the confusion with speed limits has been present for a while. I usually turn it off when I’m in situations where there is likely to be conflict. I agree this is an issue that needs early attention.

That Looks promising for us non FSD users. Mine has exactly the same option. So there is a chance we will get to see the Visualisations when/if they become available here too.
Not until you pull over and place the car in park
As I suspected that comment about non FSD having to be in Park to see visualisation is incorrect. They are working just fine while driving on my non FSD config LR.

Nice to be able to see all that stuff & get a sense of what the car "sees" without having to purchase FSD.

upload_2020-5-6_15-34-28.png

I gather it cannot presently recognise and display other signs like give way.
Stop signs, Turn arrows & diamonds on the road surface, traffic lights, rubbish bins & white posts are all there & working well for me.

Having just updated from 2020.12.5 to 2020.12.11.1 there are no new release notes. visualisations were in .12.5 but just jut turned on here.

I was hoping Tesla might have added some event tagging to sentry mode but alas no.

On the downside, post update tunein radio can no longer display my favourites. The tab is empty, even after logging in and out of my account tunein account and resetting the MCU. However if I manually select a station that was in my favourites it still had the bold star beside it to say it is a favourite. Weird.

Anyone have release notes please?
Driving Visualisation Improvements

The driving visualisation can now display additional objects which include stop lights, stop signs and select road markings. The stop sign and stop light visualisations are not a substitute for an attentive driver and will not stop the car. To see these additional objects in your driving visualisation, tap Controls > Autopilot > Full Self-Driving Visualisation Preview.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
As I suspected that comment about non FSD having to be in Park to see visualisation is incorrect. They are working just fine while driving on my non FSD config LR.

Nice to be able to see all that stuff & get a sense of what the car "sees" without having to purchase FSD.

View attachment 539118

I gather it cannot presently recognise and display other signs like give way.
Stop signs, Turn arrows & diamonds on the road surface, traffic lights, rubbish bins & white posts are all there & working well for me.

Having just updated from 2020.12.5 to 2020.12.11.1 there are no new release notes. visualisations were in .12.5 but just jut turned on here.

I was hoping Tesla might have added some event tagging to sentry mode but alas no.

On the downside, post update tunein radio can no longer display my favourites. The tab is empty, even after logging in and out of my account tunein account and resetting the MCU. However if I manually select a station that was in my favourites it still had the bold star beside it to say it is a favourite. Weird.
I was having a dig at our authorities not letting us do anything unless the car is in park....clearly bad humour

• Informative
Reactions: Flatbat
Anyone else had their Tunein favourites disappear since updating to 020.12.11.1 ? Someone OS with a model Y reporting the same thing.

Model 3 media player has three levels of zoom. The other guy who was effected by this pointed out that it is only on fully expanded display view that Tunein favourites are gone. Strangely they are still displayed on the mid level of zoom.

I never realised this before but mid level of zoom display favourites from multiple sources, not just the source in use. Also Scroll all the way to the left and it becomes Recently played media list from all sources. No doubt was always been there but never noticed that either.

More weirdness, I also briefly had a USB option in the Source panel across the bottom. Replaced the settings icon. It was allowing me to try and play dashcam footage MP4 files through the sound system. Obviously no luck there.

Anyone else had their Tunein favourites disappear since updating to 020.12.11.1 ? Someone OS with a model Y reporting the same thing.

Model 3 media player has three levels of zoom. The other guy who was effected by this pointed out that it is only on fully expanded display view that Tunein favourites are gone. Strangely they are still displayed on the mid level of zoom.

Yep mine is doing the same thing

Reactions: Flatbat
Bit annoyed they trashed ext4 support (without any mention in release notes) for the sentry cam drive, not sure this is a bug fix. The manual in the car still lists it as an option for formatting the drive, along with FAT32 and ext3.
I think ext4 support was removed back in 2020.12.5. It was probably done in preparation for 2020.16 which has just started rolling out in the USA. It adds the ability to format and create the associated folders for Dashcam directly from within the car. This will make things much simpler & will probably more than make up for the loss of ext4.

I was able to test out the new roadworks cones visualisation just now. It wasnt on a freeway and wasnt on autopilot so I dont know how that may have reacted. The visualisation certainly saw all the cones. It didnt pick up the 25kmh reduced speed. A roadworker had me stop (first car in que) using a stop/slow lollipop. The visualisation picked up the two workers in front of my car, although didnt identify the female gender of one worker.....it failed to pick up that she was holding a sign saying STOP, which for roadworks is reasonably fundamental. I approached the stop sign from about 150m and stopped about 5m from it.

Reactions: sczsimos