Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having updated to 2020.48.26 on my M3.
Visualisation have taken real-estate from the maps. Having the cluster down the right hand side of the display leads to it getting obscured by steering wheel or hands. Strikes me this arrangement would work well in LHD cars in the US where it would place the cluster 1/3 of the way across the screen. In an attempt to regain map real estate the dashcam, WiFi and Phone icons are now overlaid on top of the map and harder to see, find and tap on. They used to be in a border area. Car graphic no longer matches paint colour, car has incorrect wheels. I find the frunk/truck buttons less intuitive as they used to be orientated forward and aft on the screen.
I am not a fan. S'Pose it rounds out the year nicely.
Also noticed the battery icon is no longer green, just a dark shade of grey.Why?

Has anyone with Australian Model 3 seen P, D, R display briefly in place of speedometer number when selecting gear? I saw a couple of videos of lefthand drive cars that had that. Mine only displays Blank or km/h now. They also displayed the Hold symbol instead of 0 km/h when Hold is activated. On my screen the Hold symbol is hidden out if sight (blocked by steering wheel rim) on the lower right edge of the screen.

Noticed today Auto pilot with 48.26 able to meander around parked cars on local roads without centre lines

Interesting. It is possible some subtle changes have been included for AP for 2020.48.26. Two days ago, the vehicle drove about 150+ km traveling a mix of country roads, curving roads, mountain paths, and handled 98% of them with AP engaged. No highways were included in that trip, but It was similar to how it had been handling typical highway/motorway drives in the past with AP engaged for 98% of the trip.

It might be worth pointing out that the following distance setting for TACC/Autopilot has moved from the screen to the right scroll wheel.

I was cruising along today and the car wanted to sit at 1 second behind the traffic - a bit to close for me. I scrounged through the menus a couple of times and went to the manual to find that you need to press the right scroll wheel to adjust following distance.

I can see the advantage, I just needed to be aware where it was.

It might be worth pointing out that the following distance setting for TACC/Autopilot has moved from the screen to the right scroll wheel..

Hang on. I've been using the right scroll wheel (jogging it horizontally left/right) since I had my Model 3 in 2019. Are you sure this is just something you didn't previously know rather than a SW change?