Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I discovered something odd today: When pulling into a parking spot and pressing the brake, the car shifts into P automatically. A good example of misguided automation - I often like to make minor adjustments after stopping. Now I have to tap into gear every time! That's on MS and v24.4

I discovered something odd today: When pulling into a parking spot and pressing the brake, the car shifts into P automatically. A good example of misguided automation - I often like to make minor adjustments after stopping. Now I have to tap into gear every time! That's on MS and v24.4
I’m also MS on 24.4. Mine definately does not do that. It will hold though if you press down hard on the brake and lift off, but thats been a feature for a number of years. Does not go into park as such. I’ve done parallel and drive in parking today. Both are as ‘normal’. Maybe there is a new setting in the tabs?

I’m also MS on 24.4. Mine definately does not do that. It will hold though if you press down hard on the brake and lift off, but thats been a feature for a number of years. Does not go into park as such. I’ve done parallel and drive in parking today. Both are as ‘normal’. Maybe there is a new setting in the tabs?
Im with Paul on this one, my M3 does not do that. Though since the 24.4 update I have had twice, that after parking the car and pressing the button to take car out of gear, the visualization gets the message that the car is out of gear as well as you feel the parking brake engage, however when opening door the car still alerts that it needs to engage parking brake. So the alerting system seems to miss that action and think it still needs to do something. First time I thought I might have forgotten to put the car into park, though that would be a first, but second time I definitely checked that I was in park before opening the door and getting that alert, though 90% of the time it does not appear to happen.

Now on 24.5 and it stopped going into P automatically. I also before this update had an MCU issue whereby the keyboard would disappear after about 4 seconds every time I tried to input something into the music search box, navigation, or wifi password connection.

Standards are slipping... haha.