Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charge both my EVs from excess solar nearly all the time. When I do, the EVSE continually changes the Pilot signal (which signifies the max Amps). The car faithfully follows this max Pilot (I monitor on TeslaMate). However, if I have the Tesla App open at the same time, something goes wrong and the charging level goes all over the place. It looks like the phone App is fighting the EVSE. So, I always charge using excess solar with the Tesla App well and truly OFF. However, if I set the Pilot level in the EVSE to a fixed value, the car and App both behave sensibly and charge at that level but allow me to decrease the amps below the EVSE setting either from the car or from the App..
Not sure if this helps you.....
Which EVSE are you using (sorry if you have already said)?

I have 4 EVSEs but my "go to" one is OpenEVSE. Huge range of features and flexible- beats pretty much anything else. Plays well with all EVs.

Trouble is I have a large array that can easily run the house/car charging on sunny days and a PW2....so I would like to stick to Tesla's eco system (Gen3 WCs whenever they come) for load balancing between cars, auto AMP up/down and intergration with the PW2.....well that is the coolaid Tesla have been promising for the best part of 18 months....still hanging in there for it....

Last edited:
Trouble is I have a large array that can easily run the house/car charging on sunny days and a PW2....so I would like to stick to Tesla's eco system (Gen3 WCs whenever they come) for load balancing between cars, auto AMP up/down and intergration with the PW2.....well that is the coolaid Tesla have been promising for the best part of 18 months....still hanging in there for it....
Race between solar integration, fsd, and roadster.

Yep, just like removing the rain sensors in newer cars that I had in my original Model S to instead utilise the forward facing camera to detect rain along with software…it’s still crap compared to the old physical rain sensor….
LOL on my Model X the wipers go crazy at max speed as soon as there's water on the windscreen. Have heard from service that others have the same experience. It was okay when originally released but got worse when the "improved" version was rolled out.

Ha, that's funny. Did you get an update for it to change? So weird. Do you guys have connection problems, ie connecting to the vehicle via the app? My app will only connect if the car is charging or was awake for some reason. Has been like that since I had installed back in July. I'm thinking the MCU2 updated software needs some attention...
Does this happen no matter where the car is or do you have regular places you park? Might be worth troubleshooting with the car in different locations if it doesn't happen no matter where it is and lodging a service request if you've ruled out poor Wi-Fi or cell signal.

Ha, that's funny. Did you get an update for it to change? So weird. Do you guys have connection problems, ie connecting to the vehicle via the app? My app will only connect if the car is charging or was awake for some reason. Has been like that since I had installed back in July. I'm thinking the MCU2 updated software needs some attention...
Sounds like an issue for service. The car should wake via an sms. Maybe they did not update the phone number for the car SIM card when changing the MCU

Sounds like an issue for service. The car should wake via an sms. Maybe they did not update the phone number for the car SIM card when changing the MCU
It is true that the car should wake up through SMS, but with different phone app versions and car software versions, I have had a few versions lately, that the SMS wakeup on the car worked fine when connecting through LTE, but when car was connected to wifi and the phone was connected to same wifi, the car never woke when connecting through the app. Only if you disable wifi on your phone and try connecting then, the app gets that SMS sent to wake up car and then it wakes up in a minute or so. Not sure if there is some glitch in the way that SMS gets sent or if it tries a different method of wakeup when both are on same wifi, but it has been happening with only versions of software and app that have come last year, the previous years did not have that issue for me.

What was different this time was when I go to the speed limit change gantry where the speed limit changes to 110km/h, TACC automatically increased the Max speed to 115km/h. It has never done that before and usually only does it if I hold the lever down.
It did it again, yesterday. I wonder if it is some sort of trial. It is the only place where TACC Max increases automatically.

With TACC disabled, the TACC Max displays the speed limit is (plus 5km/h because that's what I have set) OR my current speed, whichever is faster.

With TACC enabled, the TACC Max doesn't change except:
* on exit ramps and slip roads (and the bug where it thought I was on an exit when I wasn't)
* This one time when it went from 105 to 115 when the speed limit changed
* I change it manually with either the right thumb wheel or long press on the right lever to have it adjust to the current speed limit.
Mine does this too (though I've never seen it actually adjust the speed at all when TACC is activated like you describe). To change the TACC max speed when enabled, I touch the speed limit sign on the screen (after it changes). That then sets max to the speed limit plus your offset (in both our cases that's +5 km/h). What annoys me is it then slows down, but it still bongs at you to say you're going too fast! That's a bit silly since it's in control of how fast I'm going.

We witnessed a near accident when someone got frustrated with the queue at a tip (everyone cleaning up on the holidays!) and spun around to do a U turn across the road. A car had to break hard to avoid hitting the idiot as he came across the road. Anyway, I'm like how to do I save this clip? I still don't know the required action on the screen, so just used a voice command and that worked, "save dashcam." I think you can use "save cam", as that's what the command came up as.
You hit the horn and it saves 10 mins before and a couple after I believe. Can't remember if that is on by default or if you have to turn it on?