Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update last night (2021.44.30.2), bit unusual for my car, usually they happen on the weekend. Wonder if it has to do with the hacker (article on InsideEVs).
I don't think so. The hacker thing appears to be associated with the various 3rd party Tesla apps that typically have you give access to the car's system, an obvious route for hacking.

Agreed. Anyone who has access to my laptop could access my car. So if for example I gave remote access to some tech support team, it would be trivial for them to access my car if they were familiar with Teslafi. Same deal if someone took my phone and I had not locked it.

I agree with some of your comments, it does appear as though they pushed it out fast without listening to feedback, a lot of your comments resonate with me, especially shifting useful things like TPM (not 100% bothered about the other things you mentioned but they are buried and relatively useless). I actually don't mind the speedo location and size and the blind spot camera is clever but largely useless to me anyway. I have my mirrors set so my blind spot is practically zero and I look by turning my head (I even do this when reversing!!!). Always have, always will because I'm old school. I have learned to check the camera too, but it's definitely not second nature and I can't see it becoming as I drive many other cars. I'd be the same with a thing in the mirror, though it would be more likely to catch my attention. I too don't really care about games, but, like the light show which I think is cool, it's unique to Tesla and their personality. I think this is one of the drawcards in a world of what has become attack of the clones. I love the think different concept and think that it's inevitable that there will be times when these things will miss.
As for the Polestar, not my thing, I have an M3P. I love the minimalist interior of the M3. It's amazing. Would I make changes? Sure. A HUD on the back of the steering column and probably blind spot monitor on the mirrors, along with the option to adjust how much regen braking I get. But 23 extra screens (minor exaggeration) littering the dashboard? Nah. Leave that to Merc.
Yea, all good points.

One thing I noticed with the newer update without release notes is that Autopilot nag seems to be happening way more frequently. Kinda annoying on longer trips of highway where it's asking almost every 30 seconds to move the wheel despite the road being straight and clear.
I was thinking that too. I do a 200km round trip on the M1, 3 times a week. I’m sure the nagging has increased.

I can see with the UI rewrite, that Tesla has tried to improve things, however, I don't think they have field-tested it nearly enough.
For example, I like the repeater-view-on-indicate feature (though it would be good if they could limit to lane change only) and I can see that having the Homelink come up below the car graphic, when in range, gives you a bigger target to press and saves an extra button press, however, as I need to indicate I am turning into my driveway at the same time as the Homelink for my gate comes into range, the repeater view covers the Homelink button so I have to cancel the indicator (thus risk getting rear-ended) to activate the Homelink.
I appreciate there are people in the world that need to get out of their cars to manually open a gate or push a button on a bulky remote, but I still think this is a serious oversite on tesla's part!

I was thinking that too. I do a 200km round trip on the M1, 3 times a week. I’m sure the nagging has increased.
I see a few people complaining about the increased nagging from Autopilot, but I'm struggling to understand how it's a problem. I'm guessing it's how you hold your hands on the wheel? I drive with my right hand at the bottom right of the wheel with my arm resting on my thigh. I rarely get any nags using that method. It was life changing once I adopted that method. Or am I missing the point here?

I see a few people complaining about the increased nagging from Autopilot, but I'm struggling to understand how it's a problem. I'm guessing it's how you hold your hands on the wheel? I drive with my right hand at the bottom right of the wheel with my arm resting on my thigh. I rarely get any nags using that method. It was life changing once I adopted that method. Or am I missing the point here?
Yes. I found that if I ghost the wheel to follow the movements of AP then there is not enough torque for the car to register a hand on the wheel. Organising my grip so sone torque is applied when the wheel moves without me having to make much effort seems to keep it quiet

Yes. I found that if I ghost the wheel to follow the movements of AP then there is not enough torque for the car to register a hand on the wheel. Organising my grip so sone torque is applied when the wheel moves without me having to make much effort seems to keep it quiet
That torque only gets applied if the wheel turns or road is uneven enough to force your hand to move. When on inland roads that are very long straights, it will not be enough. Last time I drove to Stanthorpe there are really long stretches where it goes straight with no other traffic and not enough uneven road, so you get nagged every 10-15 sec regardless of where you hold your hands.
I suspect those roads don't qualify for the less frequent nag you get on main motorways even though the speed limit is the same, the road is straight and traffic is way less. Those are the roads where I just turn off Autosteering as then I can use your method of holding the bottom of the wheel with my hand while resting the arm on my lap and the wheel requires no input for minutes at a time instead of seconds with autosteering and nag.

Reactions: David Sowden
Most likely bug fixes to 2021.44.30.2 which I got yesterday!
Strangely, in the last week or so this is my 3rd update. I got the 2021.44.30 really late, then 2021.44.30.2 2 days ago and its installing now 2021.44.30.7
I suspect whatever they are fixing is not something I use, as I really have not seen any difference since 2021.44.25.2. Well keep em coming, eventually they might get to fixing some things that annoy me ...

I had noticed this but assumed it may have just been in my head... glad it wasn't just me!

Downloaded 44.30.7 last night and went for a decent drive today and it barely checked at all. Certainly not being the front screen driver I am used to! Be interested to see if other "7ers" have experienced this also.

Updated to 30.7 and returned from a quick trip into a shop to a rear window fully down. Presume this is a 30.7 bug.
So I have been on 30.7 for a couple of days now, so far have not had any window issues. Also they seem to have fixed the headlights adjustments going off during the lightshow, as mine has now always after the show got back to previous settings so no need to manually fix it after some of the lightshow runs. Though I did notice they started to roll out with 30.8 already. Whatever they are trying to fix they seem to be rolling out a new version pretty much daily now. I can see versions 25.2, 30, 30.1, 30.2, 30.5, 30.6, 30.7 and 30.8 all rolling out at same time. I wonder if its the cold weather heat pump issues? If it is, then I understand why I cant see much difference in the versions as my car was pre heat pump and has only the good old resistive heater.