Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ The big colour moving map not enough to keep you orientated?? Is the compass hidden in the big bird? It is in mine.
I donā€™t think my kids would even know how to read a compass anymore. Probably more my fault than theirsā€¦.
I take it that you're joking?
I, like most people I know, keep the map track up - which is exactly why it's easy to become spacially disoriented in unfamiliar territory.

I can handle it fine and be vocal when there's an actual issue, it's your constant whingeing that grates my gears.
My apologies that you cannot handle some facts. Suggest you do not read my posts if you prefer to not really know how the car really performs, or click on my name and select ā€˜ignoreā€™ to remove gear grating.
It wont change the poor performance of voice or bring back lost functionality though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pixor and Wol747
My apologies that you cannot handle some facts. Suggest you do not read my posts if you prefer to not really know how the car really performs, or click on my name and select ā€˜ignoreā€™ to remove gear grating.
It wont change the poor performance of voice or bring back lost functionality though.
I agree with paulp, while accepting we should have a degree of moderation. Nothing is perfect, however when there are a large number of - perhaps individually trivial - faults then ignoring them will in time make things worse.
My own view is that the Tesla Issue - if we can call it that - is actually two separate issues.
One is the FSD experiment: an extremely complex programming problem effectively funded by persuading tens of thousands to buy something that may or may not ever be delivered.
The other is that, in common with so many other manufacturers of everything from washing machines to EVs, microchips have enabled all sorts of solutions to non-existent problems to be incorporated. Fridges that tell you whatā€™s in them from another continent. That sort of nonsense. And every time some new ā€œimprovementā€ is incorporated bugs are introduced, things get messed up with unintended consequences and so on. Iā€™m afraid that Tesla is heading down that road - and it shows. Rapid releasing of new updates one after the other may sound futuristic and wunnerfull, but all too often all they are doing is confusing users and attempting to fix bugs that werenā€™t there before the last update!
The latest example - and I donā€™t have a Three so may be wrong - is that some people report having to re-set their lights after trying out the ā€œlight showā€. The problem here is not so much that there is (if true) a bug in the program, but treating a car as a toy. Which it isnā€™t.

Last edited:
Whingers gotta whinge

The Customer is Always Right...

Attachments

• Tesla.png
    Tesla.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 83
@ARMARM - 90% of Paul's issues I have experienced in ALL of my Tesla's...I've had an S (early model) and now have both a 3 and X (both on latest MCU etc. etc. etc.)....just because you do not get the issues doesn't mean what Paul's says is not factual for a lot of others....

Oh, and maybe I am wrong however I think @paulp has had 4x Tesla's so I do think has some qualification in this area....

Last edited:
Personally, I find this site invaluable when I have an issue with the software, I can come here and see if others are having the same problem (or if it is "operator error":oops:). If we attempt to stifle people detailing the issues they have, the site becomes worthless.
So please, if you don't like Paulp's posts, then migrate to one of the many "everything Tesla is awsome" sites, and leave this one to us "whingers".

Thank you to all who have offered your voice commands on helpful suggestions as to where I can go, I'd zoom in on them but then I lose track of it! ;)

On topic ... I like V11, it's great!

It's great you love it....it's been a big step back for me (which is unusal as I am usually all for the latest etc.) but my wife absolutely hates it (and she is usally one that couldn't give a stuff)....

It looks lovely, it funtionally has a lot to be desired....

Reactions: Shallowal and paulp
So please, if you don't like Paulp's posts, then migrate to one of the many "everything Tesla is awsome" sites, and leave this one to us "whingers".

I eventually left the Tesla company discussion Forum (which was unmoderated and has since been shut down) because dissent was barely tolerated. There were people there who appointed themselves as the Tesla reputation police and any post even gently criticising Tesla, questioning a Tesla decision or mentioning a poor experience was met with a barrage of angry abuse and claims that the poster clearly must be a troll, a liar, does not really own a Tesla, is an oil company shill, a Tesla hater, or a shorter of Tesla stock. Almost always played the man, not the ball. It was an increasingly toxic place to be.

The Australian TMC forum in my experience has been much more respectful. There are some characters here I donā€™t always agree with but I never block any poster because I should be exposed to views I donā€™t like or agree with and I should always have my thinking challenged. Blocking perspectives you donā€™t like just makes the growing polarisation in our society even worse.

@ARMARM - 90% of Paul's issues I have experienced in ALL of my Tesla's...I've had an S (early model) and now have both a 3 and X (both on latest MCU etc. etc. etc.)....just because you do not get the issues doesn't mean what Paul's says is not factual for a lot of others....

Oh, and maybe I am wrong however I think @paulp has had 4x Tesla's so I do think has some qualification in this area....
2 teslaā€™s with original autopilot (AP arrived well after my first teslaā€™s), car #2&3 in adelaide and well before any service centre, and replaced with 2x75D with hardware 2.5 and tesla AP. Oddly I still get in my original model S sometimes as I sold it to a mate.

I take it that you're joking?
I, like most people I know, keep the map track up - which is exactly why it's easy to become spacially disoriented in unfamiliar territory.
Now that I am on 2021.44.30.11 I have done a few drives and notice that as soon as I set a destination the little compass disappears from screen and does not come back even when you zoom in or out, so no compass direction at all on map or screen. If I cancel destination it comes back. I wonder if that's a bug or intentional change.

Now that I am on 2021.44.30.11 I have done a few drives and notice that as soon as I set a destination the little compass disappears from screen and does not come back even when you zoom in or out, so no compass direction at all on map or screen. If I cancel destination it comes back. I wonder if that's a bug or intentional change.

This change annoyed the hell out of me and I also thought it was a bug. However, it does come back but you need to tap the map specifically to see it (it doesn't come up with zooming via pinching). You can then set the compass via North oriented or follow route like before.

But it will disappear again after some time. It's quite infuriating because it saves no space whatsoever or makes the interface look less cluttered. I found it incredibly useful to have up while navigating. Seems intentional and similar to the other V11 changes where anything marginally useful is hidden behind more taps or menus for the sake of "minimalism".

I took a Polestar for a test drive (the performance model) and boy'o boy the Google Car (or whatever it is called) that is built in to the Polestar is spot on....I really thought Tesla would be a clear winner in the user interface comparison/voice recognition area but I can tell you they are not....over all Tesla looks way more pretty but when it comes to functionality and accuracy (voice recognition) Google Car is way ahead....way ahead....also not having to press a button to kick off voice listening is incredible (just say hey google etc., no button pressingā€¦.feels way more Star Trekā€¦I wonder if I can say just ā€œcomputer, make it soā€)ā€¦.on top of this I had ACDC playing very loud (test drove by myself) and the hey google is still heard without raising my voice.

If the Polestar wasn't so inefficient compared to Tesla I would be interested....

I took a Polestar for a test drive (the performance model) and boy'o boy the Google Car (or whatever it is called) that is built in to the Polestar is spot on....I really thought Tesla would be a clear winner in the user interface comparison/voice recognition area but I can tell you they are not....over all Tesla looks way more pretty but when it comes to functionality and accuracy (voice recognition) Google Car is way ahead....way ahead....also not having to press a button to kick off voice listening is incredible (just say hey google etc., no button pressingā€¦.feels way more Star Trekā€¦I wonder if I can say just ā€œcomputer, make it soā€)ā€¦.on top of this I had ACDC playing very loud (test drove by myself) and the hey google is still heard without raising my voice.

If the Polestar wasn't so inefficient compared to Tesla I would be interested....
I wonder if there is a way to jailbreak a Tesla car and port the Google Auto OS on to it, or would that destroy the essential car functions.

Apart from voice... how was the rest of the UX? Are you comparing from a MCU1 or MCU2? Would be interesting to see a comparison from MCU3 (i.e. Ryzen) that new Model 3/Y will have.

Interested to hear about screen responsiveness, driver assistance, routing (with charging stops), entertainment apps (Netflix, YouTube, games). Seeing YT reviews of the car imo leaves a lot to be desired, especially when comparing V11 on MCU3.