Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: paulp
So, I am still on 2021.44.30.11 and ran into another annoyance today. I use Spotify to listen to music and since the interface on the car is a bit limited so I cannot choose liked songs to play, I just choose the daily mixes. Now when in the middle of a playlist created by daily mix I keep the music info on screen bottom as the narrow about 1/10th of screen so I see what song is playing. If I want to change to a different daily mix I just drag that window up and choose a different daily mix from list. Now today for the first time since the latest update I actually ended up listening to the mix until the end of the que. So the music ended and silence started. I first tried using the steering wheel left scroll button to go to next song, but that did nothing, so I tried to drag the music window up to choose a different daily mix, however, the music section was no longer resizable. Touching and dragging it did nothing. After some frantic dragging across screen, I started looking for other ways of changing its size, (I was luckily on motorway on autosteering as I would have crashed while doing this otherwise) so found that if you tap the Spotify button on the quick launch bar it hides it and second tap full screens it and third one makes it small again, still could not resize by dragging finger on screen though. So after I got it to full screen by tapping the button and choosing another mix that started playing, the ability to drag and resize resumed and I could use the dragging motion on screen to resize.
So I did another test and played the list to the end and same problem again. I suspect there is a bug in the code that if a playlist finishes it does not let you resize the Spotify until another list starts playing :(

Speaking of bugs or inconsistencies with the new UI...

I listen to music from my iPhone over Bluetooth, usually playlists I've already created. Some of the albums on my phone have album art and some don't.

With the new UI:
* If the current song playing has album art associated with it on the iPhone, that art is displayed and I get progress indicator for the song showing how much of the song has played.
* If the current song playing doesn't have album art, the car displays some art which is associated with the song (but may not have anything to do with the album the song is from) BUT there is no progress indicator

The progress indicator is based on the length of the song which is clearly available regardless of the art. It seems strange that it doesn't get displayed if there is no album art.

Is normal AP getting worse with software updates ?? is it to push us to buy FSD package ? Before the latest software update I probably had may be 4 phantom braking issues in 5 months, since the latest sw update, I have had 5 phantom braking issues in a week.. and even on stretches of dual lane roads where there were literally no other cars or obstacles..

• Love
Reactions: Culfy
Is normal AP getting worse with software updates ?? is it to push us to buy FSD package ? Before the latest software update I probably had may be 4 phantom braking issues in 5 months, since the latest sw update, I have had 5 phantom braking issues in a week.. and even on stretches of dual lane roads where there were literally no other cars or obstacles..
I haven't had phantom braking in months although I did have a phantom slow down on the weekend but it only dropped my speed by around 5km/h not like the phantom braking I used to have.

I've had my following distance on 7 for a very long time. When I initially set it to 7 I still had some phantom breaking but it got less and less and then stopped altogether.

I haven't had phantom braking in months although I did have a phantom slow down on the weekend but it only dropped my speed by around 5km/h not like the phantom braking I used to have.

I've had my following distance on 7 for a very long time. When I initially set it to 7 I still had some phantom breaking but it got less and less and then stopped altogether.
7!!!
I'd love to be able to do that, but anything more than 3 gives much opportunity for (mostly SS Commodore or Hilux) Melbourne drivers to dart infront and force an uncomfortable brake. You're lucky!

I definitely get more hesitation from the autopilot nowadays as I indicate to overtake someone. You can feel it easing off the power then confidently applying once its in the clear lane.

7 wow. I can’t go any above 1 in Melbourne.

Reactions: Leeroy
I use 7 also. In Melbourne. But in traffic frequently take over when it's dense. On the freeway I couldn't care less if someone merges into the generous space in front of me, care factor zero when the car's managing the speed. I don't often get phantom braking and most of the time it's predictable (like a car crossing the road 300m ahead, AAAAGH PANIC) and I have my foot over the accelerator pedal anyway.