Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While there are some aspects of the new UI I actually prefer over the old, there are still things I can't work out to do:

* How do you display the tyre pressures? The release notes said where to go but it doesn't actually work

* How do you turn on the fog lights? I was driving in very heavy rain the other day and wanted to put the fog lights on but couldn't find them

Controls - Service..
Once you've driven for a few km the tyre pressures will display on the pic of the car.

Controls
(Or Controls - Lights)
One of the buttons there.
(Do t think that changed from V10)

Controls - Service..
Once you've driven for a few km the tyre pressures will display on the pic of the car.
Odd. I'm sure I tried this after I'd been driving for an hour and nothing was displayed. I'll have to try again.

It was so much easier when it was just a card you could swipe.
Controls
(Or Controls - Lights)
One of the buttons there.
(Do t think that changed from V10)
I thought it used to be on the top one but it is not there now.

OK, I can see it under Lights. An extra press to distract me when I'm driving in fog/heavy rain. :(

Thanks!

So looks like 2022.4.5.1 has started to add back things that the new UI originally removed. Now there is the profile selection available at the top of screen as well as the sentry icon when entering the car. they do disappear when you start navigating to a destination, but at least when entering the car, don't have to dig through menus for them.
I do hope they will get around to adding things useful when driving also.

Reactions: Vostok
So looks like 2022.4.5.1 has started to add back things that the new UI originally removed. Now there is the profile selection available at the top of screen as well as the sentry icon when entering the car. they do disappear when you start navigating to a destination, but at least when entering the car, don't have to dig through menus for them.

Hooray! The benefits of opting-out of Tesla‘s beta-testing programme 😄

I have not received any additional notifications of new software updates since not installing the most recent one. My currently pending update is 2021.44.30.12 which I have ignored for more than a month. I am currently on 2021.40.6.

and on a totally unrelated note, I've had a slow leak in the front right tyre, finally got that looked at today, and they found my rim is cracked! That's a first, also I have not run over anything that should be able to crack a rim... anyone familiar with warranty terms on those things?

Brought my 3 in for service today. I specifically asked them not to update the software (and left a bright pink sticky note as a reminder); the guy I spoke with assured me that they wouldn't. He mentioned that they'd received much "colourful" feedback on v11.

The loaner is a new one with the black window trim and a powered boot (not sure of year). It feels much more comfortable over bumps than my 2019 - is it known when suspension changes were made, by any chance? I also notice that all the panels line up and the seals are all straight and attached and even the physical controls felt better (like the column stalks, window buttons, etc...). It also doesn't squeak and creak over bumps and around bends, like my 5YJ Fremont car does. Very nice. I'm not jealous at all. Not even a tiny bit. 🤥