Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated to 12.13.5 as well, it’s a welcome change but I learnt the dock adjustments are profile specific. And if you want access to the left seat warmer via the dock, you have to have the temp split otherwise the left seatwarmer disappears.

I guess it’s a start!

Anyone else on 2022.12.3.1 get an alert "APP_w009 Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled"? The usual stuff didn't clear it, but it did self clear after a couple drives.

Telsa service says it's likely firmware related and is pushing a later release out to my car (presumably 2022.12.3.5).

Yes, and DI_a175 Cruise control unavailable on a 2019 MY3 (2022.8.3.5). I speculate its a issue with the radar.

First had the issue on the first drive after installing 2022.8.3.5. Cruise control wouldn't work. I pulled over and rebooted, but that didn't work. However, on the way home (after the car went to sleep) it worked fine. Its like power needs to be removed and reapplied.

Again today. My first drive for the morning cruise control wasn't working, but after the car went to sleep at my destination, its been fine since.

Checked all cameras are clean. What I also notice is it doesn't detect any other vehicles or objects, only the road line markings when Cruise control isn't available.

[Edit: Car is just downloading 2022.12.3.1, but given DasBoot has issues with this version, I don't expect any improvement]

Last edited:
Yes, and DI_a175 Cruise control unavailable on a 2019 MY3 (2022.8.3.5). I speculate its a issue with the radar.

First had the issue on the first drive after installing 2022.8.3.5. Cruise control wouldn't work. I pulled over and rebooted, but that didn't work. However, on the way home (after the car went to sleep) it worked fine. Its like power needs to be removed and reapplied.

Again today. My first drive for the morning cruise control wasn't working, but after the car went to sleep at my destination, its been fine since.

Checked all cameras are clean. What I also notice is it doesn't detect any other vehicles or objects, only the road line markings when Cruise control isn't available.
I had a similar issue and booked a service, they downloaded an update and fixed it.

Reactions: Craig 128
Further reinforcing my impression that update option (standard / advanced) is a placebo, I got 2022.12.3.5 yesterday. I've left the option on Standard. Haven't played with the new version yet.
I have two model S, same age, delivered together, same options other than wheel size. One has advanced on and the other off. this year updates have arrived to both at the same time. Last year it was mostly ’standard’ that recieved them first, by a day or so….but not always. That button doesn’t do anything.

@Vostok @bay74 heater off is a bad idea because heater+ac is how the car (any car) dehumidifies air when it's raining (or nearly with RH >=99%), giving more buffer when the outside is cooler than inside to prevent inside of windows from fogging up.

Turn recirculation off. That delays the fogging up problem. Although not advised if stuck in city traffic.

Reactions: Benzz
The update did away the annoying issue where the car stops the boot from opening fully, although intermittently. SC previously acknowledged it’s a known problem and will resolve with this update. Today the car decided its left mirror needs a rest…. 😓
25D35D3B-60FE-4D97-B36A-0F0437D6673F.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Sir Surfalot

[Edit: Car is just downloading 2022.12.3.1, but given DasBoot has issues with this version, I don't expect any improvement]
Yeah, I had that in my notifications, as well as

UI_a114 Driving visualization temporarily degraded.

It took a couple days to get an update to 2022.12.3.2, but all notifications have now been cleared, and no re-occurrence of any of these errors.

Visualizations, cruise control & NoA all working as expected, but will leave testing AEB for another day.

Two things 2022.12.3.5 seems to have fixed:
  • My phone key now beats my wife’s if we both approach the car at the same time. That never used to happen before even though I flagged my key as priority. Her key always won, even if she was a little behind me.
  • USB Musicus Interruptus seems to have been fixed. Previously, after stopping, the car would forget the music being played from my SSD after getting back in again, and you’d have to dive back into the menus to restart and it wouldn’t remember what was playing.