Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cabin overheat adjustment still not available on mine after installing 2022.40.4.2

Attachments

• 1FFB4205-1D19-4D5F-A460-97C8F7E4FD42.jpeg
    1FFB4205-1D19-4D5F-A460-97C8F7E4FD42.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 64
  • A5D52055-F099-4423-9E81-A2272F0036F6.png
    A5D52055-F099-4423-9E81-A2272F0036F6.png
    851.9 KB · Views: 32
Waiting for 40.4.2
Still having issues connecting to home wifi. Drop connection often, doesn’t find it, sometimes wifi on car is completely off. Tried connecting to iPhone hotspot, a bit better but downloading at dial up speeds
Has anyone else experienced issues connecting to home wifi and downloading update in a reasonable timeframe?

I have never had a problem with car WiFi connections. Downloads have always been fairly rapid. I have a mesh network with multiple UniFi Access Points, including one in the garage (therefore near the car) but even when the car (rarely) connects to one of those further away, things still work properly. My internet is NBN 50/20Mbps.

Reactions: Hungry Mile
Thanks all
Must be my connection or my car
Always downloaded and connected ok prior to recent updates but no so of lately
Ahh well it will download when it ready to do so.

I have never had a problem with car WiFi connections. Downloads have always been fairly rapid. I have a mesh network with multiple UniFi Access Points, including one in the garage (therefore near the car) but even when the car (rarely) connects to one of those further away, things still work properly. My internet is NBN 50/20Mbps.

Thanks all
Must be my connection or my car
Always downloaded and connected ok prior to recent updates but no so of lately
Ahh well it will download when it ready to do so.
I don't believe its just you. For the most part I have had rather solid connection to wifi and also LTE, however in the last half a year i have had about half the updates that have random dropouts in LTE and also issues with wifi not connecting unless manually selected to connect and sometimes needing car reboot. Then next update usually fixes it until another update breaks it. I suspect they are tweaking some settings and sometimes those settings don't play nice with the wifi or even LTE towers.
Can someone here advise, if you accidentally trigger the rainbow road from the stalk, how do you turn it off and shut off that awful sound it makes?
I had a look and there is no uninstall option for that one, and it is really annoying and even if I manage to shut off the visualization the sound continues for like a few more minutes. I did try voice command "cancel rainbow road" and instead it cancelled navigation. After tapping on stalks and screen for a few minutes it finally shuts up, but I have not found a reliable way to just tur it off or disable at will, so not sure if it just runs its course eventually or any of my tapping affect it.

Yeah the rainbow road noise is damn stupid.

I also discovered yet another disappointment about a recent software upgrade - forced auto wipers. Not sure when it was introduced but now on .40.4.1 I can’t be in TACC without auto wipers on, stupidly, because the moron vehicle wants to dry scrub/scratch the windshield on a cloud-free dry sunny day. Please tell me there’s a way to turn off the wipers!

I thought forced auto high beam would be bad but now this too. Ugh.

😡

Reactions: Maximillan
I can’t be in TACC without auto wipers on, stupidly, because the moron vehicle wants to dry scrub/scratch the windshield on a cloud-free dry sunny day. Please tell me there’s a way to turn off the wipers!

I thought forced auto high beam would be bad but now this too. Ugh.

😡
There is no way to turn off the wipers in autopilot.
Yes, I have the same problem.
Yes, it's frustrating and will cause permanent damage to the glass.
No, Tesla doesn't acknowledge that there is a problem and thinks they know better than you.

o_O

Interesting… I have 2022.40.7 and according to the TelsaFi, I’m one of four in Australia to have it and one of 86 world wide.

The release notes have nothing specific for the version and I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary.

30F0F61A-3281-4624-9FFD-92687CA974AA.jpeg
34211E68-D849-430B-BA2C-199494E83671.jpeg

Reactions: moa999