Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone downloaded & installed 2023.12 on Australian Model Y yet?
(Sunday 23rd April)
Yep 2023.12.1 (Model 3) and it broke the LTE mobile phone again like a release earlier this year did.

So now i've got no Tesla mobile data in the car again. Last time I had to do a full car software reset to get it working again, not too keen to do it again, so hopefully a hot fix is coming out.

2023.12.1.1 installing on Australian MYP....

Attachments

• IMG_20230426_111808.jpg
    IMG_20230426_111808.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Zoltrix77
Actually one change with 2023.12.1 to be careful of at public sites is it now defaults to lower amp, you have to raise it back up to full power. Eg at sites with 3 phase. I was originally like, oh it's only doing 7kw, then had to lift the amp to get it back to full 11/12kw

Some software update (not documented or appearing on the App) seemed to occur overnight Tuesday.
I got in the car yesterday and the battery charge was in km not % (so what?)
BUT
The Stopping Mode had changed to "Roll". So at he end of my driveway , a bit of urgent braking was suddenly required due to the large, UNFLAGGED change in driving characteristics.
Be Careful!!

Just picked up my MYP today and it has already picked up 2023.2.12 - this is very different behavour to the M3 which took about a month before it completed its first update - at least post update my M3 and MYP will be on the same version.

I updated from 2.12 to 12.1.1 this morning. So far I feel like autopilot just took a step backwards. I use Autopilot on the freeway and noticed that it now is not slowing and stopping behind vehicles in front of it as smoothly as it was previously. The computer also started glitching part way through the drive and I lost a number of functions including the ability to adjust volume of the music. I attempted to reboot but could not because I had programmed the left scroll wheel to use a long press function. This disabled my ability to reboot the computer. I had to turn off the long press function to be able to reenable to reboot capability.

I updated from 2.12 to 12.1.1 this morning. So far I feel like autopilot just took a step backwards. I use Autopilot on the freeway and noticed that it now is not slowing and stopping behind vehicles in front of it as smoothly as it was previously. The computer also started glitching part way through the drive and I lost a number of functions including the ability to adjust volume of the music. I attempted to reboot but could not because I had programmed the left scroll wheel to use a long press function. This disabled my ability to reboot the computer. I had to turn off the long press function to be able to reenable to reboot capability.
I have had the same behaviour.

Reactions: 1001
Upgraded to 2023.12.1.1 after driving to work in Brisbane. It was a mixed bag of weather when driving home to the Gold Coast with some intense rain, showers and clear periods. The wipers have different behavior to before where they would sometimes stay on for no reason at night. Now they slowly reduce speed until they stop after being used for rain. It's still a bit too long, but bearable. There was once, towards the end of the drive, as I was driving along Smith St., where the wipers stayed on too long. However, it started raining again and I was hitting the traffic lights, so turned Autopilot off anyway. Thus, I didn't get a strong confirmation that the wiper bug was still there.