Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was dropping out and I really noticed it from Tessie as drives lost some of them like 1 hour long.
I have to reboot every couple of days. Did a service call and they pushed 2023.12.9 on Tuesday to see if it fix the problem and been good since.

Not sure updating fixed it.. or just updating itself.
When you say lose connectivity, do you mean that LTE drops off completely? The LTE icon is showing not connected?

See mine is weird. LTE shows connected but Tesla Support, my app and wife's app can't connect to the car!

12.9 doesn't even recognise traffic lights correctly (e.g. lane open indicators in tunnels and on bridges), speed signs are seen about 75% of the time (30% of the time when staring into 30 degree above the horizon sun). I doubt 12.10 will have any FSD features...
The traffic light, speed sign etc. recognition in 12.9 would be using the old stack. I don't know if they're going to roll out FSD Beta here any time soon, but better traffic light and speed sign recognition would be part and parcel of the new FSD software stack.

When you say lose connectivity, do you mean that LTE drops off completely? The LTE icon is showing not connected?

See mine is weird. LTE shows connected but Tesla Support, my app and wife's app can't connect to the car!
Same here. Upgraded this morning to 2023.12.9 from 2023.12.5 and have lost remote access to the car. Tried rebooting the car twice but no joy, still no connection from the cellphone app to the car.

Same here. Upgraded this morning to 2023.12.9 from 2023.12.5 and have lost remote access to the car. Tried rebooting the car twice but no joy, still no connection from the cellphone app to the car.
When you report this to Tesla can you please try and see if you can get a hold of "Rinard" who looked after my ticket. Tell him you're also having an issue where your app is unable to connect to your car even if LTE is connected. Let him know that you had a chat with someone who recently talked to him about the same issue. He was skeptical about the issue being software update related. He just thinks the mobile signal is weak where my car is.

When you report this to Tesla can you please try and see if you can get a hold of "Rinard" who looked after my ticket. Tell him you're also having an issue where your app is unable to connect to your car even if LTE is connected. Let him know that you had a chat with someone who recently talked to him about the same issue. He was skeptical about the issue being software update related. He just thinks the mobile signal is weak where my car is.
Thanks. Have lodged a service request. Let’s see what happens. Will report back.

Reactions: Hairyman
What is the deal with school zone speed limit recognition in recent updates

It used to be that during the times that school zone speed limits were enforced the school zone speed limit would show as a secondary speed limit with a clock symbol below the normal speed limit, and the max speed for TACC would show the reduced speed limit

A few updates ago it would still show the school zone limit but the max speed would be set at the normal speed limit

In the latest update the school zone speed limit does not even appear during the times when the school zone speed limit is enforced

2023.12.9 downloaded yesterday. Perfectly fine clear night and psycho wipers still psycho coming to work this morning. Also seems overly paranoid of trucks in left lane.
Just coming back to this thread. Since the release immediately prior to 12.5, my wipers have become psycho (again), They'll start working on a perfectly fine day and won't stop - I have to de-activate manually. This has happened a few times now.
Further (on 12.5), Iast night I drove return between Sydney to Canberra, and phantom braking was regular to the extent I had to stop using cruise control. Very dangerous when travelling at 110klm on a busy highway. It seemed to be bothered by large trucks in the left lane, rear truck lights ahead, and fog. If Tesla don't return to using radar, at least as a second sensor, my next car will not be a Tesla.

I may have fixed this issue (fingers crossed). I went into the service menu and reloaded the software. It was still 2023.12.9, so no change to version, but now the cellphone “sees” the car again.
Did it stick after it went to sleep again.
Since last night when it goes to sleep does not wake up again.
Unless I open a door and wake in manually
Rebooted last night

Been on 2023.12.9 since Tuesday and been fine.. Had this happen before hence they pushed the new software to me

Anyone else notice the car slowing down for speed zones BEFORE it passes the sign (like it should)? The speed sign doesn't update till it hits the sign though.
The only time I have ever had this was when the car (erroneously) used to pick up the "80km/hr ahead" signs as 80 km/hr. Well over a year ago. But in many ways I preferred this as there was time to slow before reaching the real sign. The law says you are to be doing the new speed at the sign, not after, so doing it as you pass the sign is (as you point out) incorrect.

Did it stick after it went to sleep again.
Since last night when it goes to sleep does not wake up again.
Unless I open a door and wake in manually
Rebooted last night

Been on 2023.12.9 since Tuesday and been fine.. Had this happen before hence they pushed the new software to me
So far it’s still working. The cellphone can wake up the car again. A little more testing before I can be sure, but quietly optimistic.

So far it’s still working. The cellphone can wake up the car again. A little more testing before I can be sure, but quietly optimistic.
cool I try that next.
Just did the power off wait 2 mins power on
I know people blaming 2023.12.9 although it been happening to me since I got the Tesla over a month ago
3-4 software updates later.
I supercharged the first time at Box Hill.. I could not connect to car to see how the charging was going.
Tessie shows half a charge and Tesla never charged me for it and did not show.
Been a few more like this
Last Friday drove in and out of the city 90 min trip Tessie nothing could not connect to car via app
Went Airport next day again nothing
So put a service call in they pushed 2023.12.9 onto car Tuesday been fine since and checking after every drive.
Did like 8 seperate drives yesterday fine. charged 8:30 woollies drove home fine
Then went out 9:30 and nothing on that drive.. Stopped waiting for my wife and watched Kayo footy and LTE was fine.
Could not see drive or connect to car.. Same when I got home.
So not sure current is just me as a few more complaining about it.

Where's this option? Or did you mean factory reset?
Rather than describe it, this Youtube video shows it ...

Please be very careful what you do in Service Mode. Take a look by all means, but unless you really know what you are doing, please don't change anything.

All I did in Service Mode was push the button to reload the software, but even that comes with a warning on the screen.

Caveat Emptor as they say!!

cool I try that next.
Just did the power off wait 2 mins power on
I know people blaming 2023.12.9 although it been happening to me since I got the Tesla over a month ago
3-4 software updates later.
I supercharged the first time at Box Hill.. I could not connect to car to see how the charging was going.
Tessie shows half a charge and Tesla never charged me for it and did not show.
Been a few more like this
Last Friday drove in and out of the city 90 min trip Tessie nothing could not connect to car via app
Went Airport next day again nothing
So put a service call in they pushed 2023.12.9 onto car Tuesday been fine since and checking after every drive.
Did like 8 seperate drives yesterday fine. charged 8:30 woollies drove home fine
Then went out 9:30 and nothing on that drive.. Stopped waiting for my wife and watched Kayo footy and LTE was fine.
Could not see drive or connect to car.. Same when I got home.
So not sure current is just me as a few more complaining about it.
Do you have the app on two devices? Is it ok on the other? This will help eliminate your phone when tesla tell you its your phone

Do you have the app on two devices? Is it ok on the other? This will help eliminate your phone when tesla tell you its your phone
Two devices they both stop when it goes.
It lost 2 drives today in a row since reboot
Recorded I went home from the shops. I then put it in park for 3 mins waiting for son then went 6km round trip dropped him at girlfiends
Came home. Stopped for 15 mins then went to basketball 5km away.. Parked. locked car.
Then got back in straighten up. Tessie shows coming home from shops then nothing to I moved the car 20 second drive.

Also for like the fifth time in 2 weeks it would not unlock with phone after basketball.
Normally use card when this happens although this time checked app it connected and unlocked with the app
So who knows what is up. It does have that Apple bug feel where there is nothing wrong until we have a fix.