Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be the only one that completely ignores the onscreen speed limit. I just do it the old fashioned way with my own eyes, its less taxing on my brain! :)
Jumping out of different cars - the tesla is by far the hardest for me to intuitively know what speed im doing - so i'm often using autopilot in the areas as im leaving my house - when it doesn't get it right, it's frustrating - luckilly everything except the school zone works fine for me though.

Yeah, not sure why school zones have stopped working - as of a few updates ago, the TACC now defaults to the non-school-time speed (it used to default to the school time speed when the zone was active). It still knows the zone is active, because it highlights that on the screen - it just doesn't affect the TACC default anymore for some reason.

Reactions: Hungry Mile
@Hairyman same issue here, just did SYD-MEL-SYD a few days ago, down on the prior version back on 2023.12.9. Same truck paranoia, persists, and now with the added "slowing down because you're being passed on the right" effect. Speed sign recognition only works under most optimal visual conditions (back light), driving into the sun MEL-SYD, missed most of the signs, and often misinterpreted 110 for 100.

This is a total an unmitigated shitshow. I'm starting to look elsewhere for an EV replacement. I was patient for 3 years.

@Hairyman same issue here, just did SYD-MEL-SYD a few days ago, down on the prior version back on 2023.12.9. Same truck paranoia, persists, and now with the added "slowing down because you're being passed on the right" effect. Speed sign recognition only works under most optimal visual conditions (back light), driving into the sun MEL-SYD, missed most of the signs, and often misinterpreted 110 for 100.

This is a total an unmitigated shitshow. I'm starting to look elsewhere for an EV replacement. I was patient for 3 years.
Fair enough. I have a good deal of sympathy for that line of thinking.

Since updating to 2023.12.9 I've had my car lose connectivity twice in 4 days. LTE is connected but neither phone nor Tesla Support can connect to the vehicle. What I mean by that is the app cannot get the status of the car or control the car (such as turn on climate control).

Only way to fix it is to long press the steering buttons to restart the infotainment.

Has anyone experienced this?

I’d report it on the service app. There will be a stuck download file in your car that just needs to be cleared remotely.
I reported it and they finally got back to me. It was fixed by doing all the resets (not sure which one fixed it as what happened next wasn't instantaneous). The app cleared the "downloading" update and then later an update ready for installation was available. So I installed it. Made a note of the exact version in the car before and after, and they are exactly the same.
v11.1 (2023.12.5 163bcale2c5e)

---
Resets shared at Resets to fix issues

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman and paulp
Since updating to 2023.12.9 I've had my car lose connectivity twice in 4 days. LTE is connected but neither phone nor Tesla Support can connect to the vehicle. What I mean by that is the app cannot get the status of the car or control the car (such as turn on climate control).

Only way to fix it is to long press the steering buttons to restart the infotainment.

Has anyone experienced this?
Mine was dropping out and I really noticed it from Tessie as drives lost some of them like 1 hour long.
I have to reboot every couple of days. Did a service call and they pushed 2023.12.9 on Tuesday to see if it fix the problem and been good since.

Not sure updating fixed it.. or just updating itself.

2023.12.10 is a Full Self Driving version AND 1 instance is here in Australia. I wonder whether that means testing is starting?

I did a very short YouTube about this and also news that Ford EVs will be able to use all 11,000 US Tesla superchargers and will be changing to the Tesla plug from next year.

Reactions: JohnBNE
12.9 doesn't even recognise traffic lights correctly (e.g. lane open indicators in tunnels and on bridges), speed signs are seen about 75% of the time (30% of the time when staring into 30 degree above the horizon sun). I doubt 12.10 will have any FSD features...

12.9 doesn't even recognise traffic lights correctly (e.g. lane open indicators in tunnels and on bridges), speed signs are seen about 75% of the time (30% of the time when staring into 30 degree above the horizon sun). I doubt 12.10 will have any FSD features...
As indicated above it will be a long time before full self driving is approved in Australia. Perhaps if the beta is released here, and we are in control of the car, it will not need full approval. Right now 12.9 doesn't seem to understand left turn / right turn lights as one simple example.

2023.12.10 is a Full Self Driving version AND 1 instance is here in Australia. I wonder whether that means testing is starting?

I did a very short YouTube about this and also news that Ford EVs will be able to use all 11,000 US Tesla superchargers and will be changing to the Tesla plug from next year.

Tesla brought one model S to australia last month. After that they decided to no longer sell the car in Australia. I reckon they brought that car out just to play with our minds, as we now do not know if one example means rollout or cancellation

Reactions: dasn