Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, what is people's Tesla Powerwall 2 firmware's at? I'm still on 23.12.2 (which came out last year)
Mine is also 23.12.2.

Numbering convention is similar to the car firmware, ie YY.WW.nnn so that firmware is from a branch started in week 12 of 2023.

See Software Updates | Tesla Support Australia - and note that 23.12.* is still too new (sigh) for that version to even be listed on that page; it often lags the actual releases by a month or two.

To get the smart solar-tracking car charging - ie “Drive on Sunshine” - feature it needs to be 23.12.10 (and the car on 2026.26.* or later). Hopefully not too far away in either case.

Reactions: Vostok
I’d like to be able to turn off the animations on the right hand side completely. It’s useless 99% of the time, and when stationary in traffic tends to flicker.
That's easy. On the right hand side that panel pops off. Just give it a tug and pull it off and then unplug the connector.

You can also disable the light on the HWPC if you want, it's just a LED plug behind the cover.

I've been notified of an update today (Wed 19th July) and have deferred it until I read what's it all about. Anyone downloaded yet?
Worth noting that it will display the version number on the impending update on the mobile app. There is a link to release notes there. But also - if you google the version number you'll probably get a hit at notateslaapp.com, which will list the changes (often including undocumented changes).