Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW Ive set mine @ 55% instead of 80%/90% for my general around town stuff after looking into this area deeply as a personal decision on general use for my use cases.

Off topic but...
Welcome to the SoC55 club :) . I also charge to 55% for day to day.
If need 100% charge to 100% and I have no qualms to drain to zero if required. There is about a 4% reserve below zero in any case assuming BMS accurate
Even on long trips it is becoming clearer using the navigation app that charging to 100% if often not necessary - especially with Dc chargers along the route.

Charge at home makes life so much easier.
The biggest lesson Ive learnt about EV driving is to keep it simple, don't overcomplicate it.

Re software updates:
I have a general rule of thumb to always not be the first with updating software - other people can be the guinea pig experiment. @paulp indicated that the advanced/standard update setting does nothing. So in that case I have created a new rule of thumb to maybe wait 1 week after an update becomes available (or wait until I'm sick of Tesla reminding me there is an update).

Fellas with the MCU-Z apparently its 256GB in storage. So if I wanted just because is there a way to shift the arcade stuff onto an external partition?

Also I assume the arcade games are local specific and if I get mt kid asking about what he saw on youtube etc I assume it all depends if its available with AUS?

Fellas with the MCU-Z apparently its 256GB in storage. So if I wanted just because is there a way to shift the arcade stuff onto an external partition?

Also I assume the arcade games are local specific and if I get mt kid asking about what he saw on youtube etc I assume it all depends if its available with AUS?
I thought that was only on the new refreshed Model S and X with that much storage space.

Reports indicate MCU-Z is MCU-Z: there is inner generation iterations. Was first out on the premium models but eventually it came into the model 3 / Y:

Heres my additional specs window from the display:

mcuz.jpg

Anyone else had the windows venting without asking? My Y, the Mrs 3 and another friends Y have all had the windows venting after switching on the climate. Haven’t gone into the interior page to turn that on either, just the main screen.

I read elsewhere that 26.x will change max recommended charging limits for non LFP batteries to max 80% for daily driving instead of 90%???
Anyone confirm?
Yep. Cant personally confim cos Im waiting on the VIN lottery for the release download but there is countless confirmations mate :cool:

SoC55 club FTW :) Obviously Tesla are looking at their data and their risk and feel for NMC and the like cathode lithium ion versions they need to risk the backlash by going to 80%. Though I also believe that the Tesla warranty on age and KLMs for batteries remains the same in Aus. The web tells me that Tesla has previously seen fit to adjust Australian warranty in the past when I was oblivious to all this in those dark sad days when I was a dino mode car enthusiast lol :)