Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always self park and unpark my car at home using the keyfob. This used to work well when parking the car reasonably straight outside the parking spot, rear to the wall. Reversing into the spot works a charm every time.

Getting it out, not so much. Since two updates ago, the car now always steers to the left before coming out, missing the concrete pillar there by mere centimetres. There is no discernible reason for the car to do that. I eve tried blocking it from turning left by standing in the way - no luck. The other day, it would have scraped the (folded back) passenger side mirror while doing that. I aborted, and the car unlocked, and unfolded the mirrors (well, it couldn't on the passenger side, it got blocked by the pillar). Facepalm.

The cars across from my spot are at a slight angle compared to my side of the parking - but just in the opposite direction to where the car turns when unparking, assuming it would want to straighten itself out and align with the parking spot orientations it can see across.

Considering they no longer know why the car is doing certain things, I won't even bother bringing it up with them.

I always self park and unpark my car at home using the keyfob. This used to work well when parking the car reasonably straight outside the parking spot, rear to the wall. Reversing into the spot works a charm every time.

Getting it out, not so much. Since two updates ago, the car now always steers to the left before coming out, missing the concrete pillar there by mere centimetres. There is no discernible reason for the car to do that. I eve tried blocking it from turning left by standing in the way - no luck. The other day, it would have scraped the (folded back) passenger side mirror while doing that. I aborted, and the car unlocked, and unfolded the mirrors (well, it couldn't on the passenger side, it got blocked by the pillar). Facepalm.

The cars across from my spot are at a slight angle compared to my side of the parking - but just in the opposite direction to where the car turns when unparking, assuming it would want to straighten itself out and align with the parking spot orientations it can see across.

Considering they no longer know why the car is doing certain things, I won't even bother bringing it up with them.
Thanks for sharing. That's just nerve-wracking. Having the car try to steer left for no reason into an obstacle, and then you being responsible for the damage if it hits? Yeesh!

Hey is it normal for Wiper Service Mode to keep the wipers up on the windscreen even after engaging Drive and driving for ~140km with numerous stalk-button pushes (at least, at the start), but then immediately parking them upon engaging Reverse, at the end of the drive, to drive into ones driveway at home?

o_O

I am sure that in the past the things parked themselves as soon as I moved the car from its wash-spot on the lawn.

I tend to wash the windscreen before all long drives because of the stupid forced auto-wipers-on-TACC/AP (I suspect it's highly sensitive to any dirt).

Hey is it normal for Wiper Service Mode to keep the wipers up on the windscreen even after engaging Drive and driving for ~140km with numerous stalk-button pushes (at least, at the start), but then immediately parking them upon engaging Reverse, at the end of the drive, to drive into ones driveway at home?

o_O

I am sure that in the past the things parked themselves as soon as I moved the car from its wash-spot on the lawn.

I tend to wash the windscreen before all long drives because of the stupid forced auto-wipers-on-TACC/AP (I suspect it's highly sensitive to any dirt).
The wipers used to park after putting it into drive, but that went away about a year ago.🤷‍♂️

With the recent software updates, my 2023 M3 suddenly started emitting what I think is the forward PWS. I only noticed when I drove into my garage and heard a noise/constant drone.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
It's always been there, just not as loud as the backward PWS sounds so it's easily covered by ambient or tire noise. You might have noticed it recently

Does anyone know how to stop the car randomly opening windows? It has become especially frequent since the last update.

For example, I parked, opened the boot, retrieved a bag, closed the boot with the lid button, and the rear passenger window wound halfway down. Alternatively, as I get in and prepare to drive, it winds down a random window or two, anywhere from "just a crack" to fully down. I usually drive with the windows fully closed, so this is not returning to a remembered setting.

In all cases, the car has respected the setting to close windows on locking.

Does anyone know how to stop the car randomly opening windows? It has become especially frequent since the last update.

In all cases, the car has respected the setting to close windows on locking.
No, but mine has changed other things, usually when opening a door. Climate settings (like turning on AC) and music (like starting to play Spotify despite me last having used USB and it being off prior).

No, but mine has changed other things, usually when opening a door. Climate settings (like turning on AC) and music (like starting to play Spotify despite me last having used USB and it being off prior).
Yeah, that's definitely been a "feature" for a while. Since the last update, my air conditioning (on auto, high fan) fan speed has been much lower than it used to be. Ideal for summer! I am missing an easily-accessible fan control!