Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do people think about the holiday update coming up https://x.com/NotATeslaApp/status/1732590927296757820?s=20
I'm not sure I'll have a use for automatic 911 calls! As Quickst said, I'm ok waiting to see what is actually delivered for Australians. There are definitely things I would like them to get right ASAP, like Charge on Solar, and proper navigation outside of the Supercharger network (I can't send a destination from my phone to car, even within my own town, because I live out of reach of a Supercharger - I have to type in my destination on the in-car screen like a caveman).

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
I have to type in my destination on the in-car screen like a caveman).
Can't you just hit the right scroll wheel - say "Navigate to..." and then follow with an address (e.g. 123 Main Street, Anytown)?

Also - how many of these features you think will apply to AU? I will bet my shoes that speed cameras won't be available here, and the charging filters is already available in version 2023.8.9 (I used them today whilst searching as the Broadway supercharger was kinda MIA) ;)

• Funny
Reactions: bay74
Can't you just hit the right scroll wheel - say "Navigate to..." and then follow with an address (e.g. 123 Main Street, Anytown)?
Sure, when it works. Maybe it's my caveman grunting, but voice recognition is still a bit unreliable. It's nice to be able to look up an address on my phone and forward it to the car, ready for my next drive. It just doesn't work outside the Supercharger network.

You should be able to use the Share To function from a mapping app and share it to your Tesla app, which will send it to the car navigation.
Thanks for the tip. I've just confirmed that does work at least for Google Maps on an android phone. Weird that it doesn't work from the Tesla app.

Me: You've just been charging on AC power. Your battery is at 92%. Would you like to drive to this spot 20 minutes from here?
My Tesla: No way man, I'll die!
Me: What if Google asks you nicely?
My Tesla: If Google says it's ok, then it must be ok.

Also - how many of these features you think will apply to AU? I will bet my shoes that speed cameras won't be available here, and the charging filters is already available in version 2023.8.9 (I used them today whilst searching as the Broadway supercharger was kinda MIA) ;)
Most brands of modern car nav systems allow you to upload your own poi’s. A clever company has mapped all fixed speed camera’s and sells the speed camera poi. Tesla is one of the few brands that does not allow custom poi uploads

Sure, when it works. Maybe it's my caveman grunting, but voice recognition is still a bit unreliable. It's nice to be able to look up an address on my phone and forward it to the car, ready for my next drive. It just doesn't work outside the Supercharger network.
Absolutely correct. Dictating voice addresses is way to frustrating. I also forward to the car or make a diary entry

• Disagree
Reactions: Jules22 and Davemcd

Wonder what that High Fidelity Park Assist is
Based on the image provided it appears to be a crude version of what is in my EQE. Essentially it shows the car from a distance and everything around it. The EQE version is live (distorted) surrounds and you use your fingers to rotate or zoom to whatever you want to look at. It is by far the best parking system I have ever had. BMW also have a similar system but oddly theirs only works from the app on your phone not from the car. At least tesla are acknowledging that they need to start catching up to the tech that the other brands are offering.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jules22 and ICUDoc
My understanding is that the tesla computer lacks power to do full rendering, but the V4 will have sufficient for partial rendering and partial digital lights. European brands are at full rendering and full digital lights.
Do you think in the future as this technology progresses the video rendering combined with gps data could be used to map cities in 3d?

Do you think in the future as this technology progresses the video rendering combined with gps data could be used to map cities in 3d?
The EQE shows all buildings in the cbd to their height and shape as you drive through, and at night with building lights on. It shows suburbs as flat though. But the computer whilst doing that is powerful enough to run the insanely incredible active headlights and all whilst in ‘autopilot’.

but this gets me thinking, my eqe has less camera’s than my model s but does a much better job with them, so something isnt right over at tesla.

Reactions: dronus