Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a horrible drive home on the freeway late last night since 44.1 update. Highway 110 km/h the whole way, and displayed speed limit kept changing to either 100, 90 or 70 going past off-ramps. It has never been perfect on this freeway, but never seen anything like this. To make it worse, the TACC kept changing to lower speeds and slowing the car down, despite my setting of "existing speed" rather than "speed limit" in the settings. It's never done that before on this highway. I was using NoA initially, and tried going back to basic Autosteer to see if it would improve. It didn't.
I watched it more closely tonight driving the same highway in the same conditions. It didn't go to 70 or 90 at any point this time, but it did constantly change from 110 back to 100, fairly consistently after each on-ramp (not off-ramp, on-ramp!) There are no 100 signs on this road, so the only place it can be getting 100 from is poor map data, unless it's changing to 100 intentionally due to the dark wet conditions (it didn't put up any message saying it was reducing speed due to conditions).

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing issues with TACC. I've found that it struggles to hold the set speed, and is very nervous with either bends or slight gradients. It's a shame because the one thing TACC used to do really well is hold the set speed.
I drove the Rozelle interchange from Iron Cove to Anzac bridge and it's all over the place trying to stick to 60.

It's a shame because the one thing TACC used to do really well is hold the set speed.
I had a new scenario for this earlier this morning. Driving at a set 60km/h (where that was also the posted speed limit, ie no roadworks signs or buses or anything to convince the car of a lower limit applying) up a road with little red poles - effectively witches hats, but the little straight red poles, showed in the visualisation as witches hats - marking the centre line of the road, centre line and left side of the road painted nicely, lane width at least as wide as normal. Anyway, with the posted speed and set speed showing in the car correctly as 60 it refused to drive on TACC any faster than 45 until there weren’t any witches hats there. No warning beeps or other indications why it wanted to be slower, it just didn’t want to go any faster than 45. Even when I prodded the throttle it would speed up in response (again no warning beeps) but then slow back down to 45.

Hasn’t done that before (ie seems new with firmware 2023.44.1) and i drive up/down that road - Mona Vale Rd (Sydney Northern Beaches) up the hill from Mona Vale towards Baha’i Temple - almost daily and roadworks there have been ongoing for a couple of years.

I had a new scenario for this earlier this morning. Driving at a set 60km/h (where that was also the posted speed limit, ie no roadworks signs or buses or anything to convince the car of a lower limit applying) up a road with little red poles - effectively witches hats, but the little straight red poles, showed in the visualisation as witches hats - marking the centre line of the road, centre line and left side of the road painted nicely, lane width at least as wide as normal. Anyway, with the posted speed and set speed showing in the car correctly as 60 it refused to drive on TACC any faster than 45 until there weren’t any witches hats there. No warning beeps or other indications why it wanted to be slower, it just didn’t want to go any faster than 45. Even when I prodded the throttle it would speed up in response (again no warning beeps) but then slow back down to 45.

Hasn’t done that before (ie seems new with firmware 2023.44.1) and i drive up/down that road - Mona Vale Rd (Sydney Northern Beaches) up the hill from Mona Vale towards Baha’i Temple - almost daily and roadworks there have been ongoing for a couple of years.
I had similar behaviour a month of two ago. 60kph road, (no roadworks or different markings for me) and the car kept slowing to 40kph despite being set to 60, and displaying 60 as the speed limit. This was on a bright day, with no traffic ahead of me, on an almost arrow-straight section of road. It's just bizarre.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
What's even more bizarre is that Tesla can't even tell you why your car does what it does. They've handed over (our) wheel to the AI completely. There is no exception handling other than "the AI pooped itself, take over now". They don't have the ability to cater to specific circumstances such as "in this location, the lane markers that makes the car swerve right/left is poorly painted, ignore it" or "that 40 sign is moving with you, it's probably a bus!"

I still enjoy my car. But I've lost faith in Tesla's dev team.

Wait… what, you actually made it to 60?
Stop the presses!!!! 🤣
The tunnel itself is fine..

It's the surface roads that have turned to s&#t in the mornings because the tunnel effectively takes two of the four lanes on the Anzac Bridge.

My suspicion is it's pulling traffic from the South and SW that used to enter the city via Parramatta Rd onto the Anzac Bridge (via the M8 and tunnel)

My suspicion is it's pulling traffic from the South and SW that used to enter the city via Parramatta Rd onto the Anzac Bridge (via the M8 and tunnel)
Yeah, I'd say so - or pulling from roads even further south.

I drove up to Darling Harbour for the Lyric Theatre just before the new junction opened, and ended up leaving the M8 onto Euston Rd and entering the city that way - now it looks like continuing on the M8 then over the Anzac Bridge looks like the go.

It’s worse than that. Eastbound traffic on the M4 (WestConnex) can now continue on directly to the Anzac Bridge taking the new tunnel exit, whereas previously that traffic had to continue onto the M8 and come out at St Peters at the earliest.

Then we add northbound traffic on the M8 which now can exit onto the City West Link and turn left to get onto the Anzac Bridge.

So while previously we had 5 lanes of traffic merging into 4 lanes on the Anzac Bridge, we now have 10 lanes of traffic merging into 4 lanes on the Anzac Bridge.

If the traffic engineers did not foresee a bit of an issue there, they should all be sacked. Ramp metering does not overcome basic maths. Frankly I think the new ramp metering is part of the problem.

And just imagine what this will be like after the Western Harbour Tunnel is opened - it, too, has exits onto the City West Link, only 200m away from the M8 exits 🤦‍♂️

So I got the update with the single-tap-for-Autopilot option, a week or so ago, and knowing from discussion here that I'd have no way to just engage TACC by itself, I ignored it.

Now randomly (every few days) I got a card pop up in the bottom right, reminding me to "enable single tap for Autopilot". I just swipe it away, but I wonder how long is this going to go on for?

So I got the update with the single-tap-for-Autopilot option, a week or so ago, and knowing from discussion here that I'd have no way to just engage TACC by itself, I ignored it.

Now randomly (every few days) I got a card pop up in the bottom right, reminding me to "enable single tap for Autopilot". I just swipe it away, but I wonder how long is this going to go on for?
Might clear itself if you go in and engage and then disengage it

I think I saw it twice before it stopped coming back.
I think I have seen it four times. I did wonder whether it would be a permanent nag, but I guess Tesla need to ensure everyone is aware of the new feature in case they swiped past it the first time without reading it or knowing what it meant. It would be nice to be able to dismiss it (and reminders that Premium Connectivity has expired).

I may be stating the obvious, but this feature is only turned on if you enable it. I too have the update with this, have changed no settings, and my TACC/Autosteer work as they always have (single tap for TACC, double tap for Autosteer).

I may be stating the obvious, but this feature is only turned on if you enable it. I too have the update with this, have changed no settings, and my TACC/Autosteer work as they always have (single tap for TACC, double tap for Autosteer).
Yep..? I think you've misunderstood. I haven't enabled it. But every few days when I get in the car, a tile/card pops up (where the music/tripmeter/tyre etc tile is) reminding me to enable it.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot