Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we don't get High Fidelity Park Assist (HFPA) but we get the reversing guide lines on the vehicle visualisation 😂

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 10.35.19.png

I keep suggesting an option for making the indicator stay on by just doing to first stage pull, I hate having to pull through the indent for on. I have never like like change indicators on any car, so the option would be nice.

And would love YouTube music support, I have a premium YouTube subscription, so don't need another music streaming service

That's sign has been present for ages for me.

It's correctly identifying the meaning of the sign, just I suspect doesn't have an End Xx Area/ or End Xx Zone in its image library.

It's basically the European / Vienna Convention symbol and you see it all over Europe

(Australia is a weird mix of some Euro signs like speed limits, and the far more wordy US MUTCD)

Reactions: cafz
Perhaps, but the speed limit reverts to 50kph for the rest of the street - so not unrestricted which I understand to be the meaning of that sign in Oz (or was when I was much younger).
The default speed limit in Qld is 50kph unless signed otherwise, so "end 40 area" should be considered as "revert to 50 kph". If that's what the car did, all is well. It sounds like moa999 is saying that the car just doesn't have the right icon to represent the sign. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Similar in NSW.
50kph built up areas, 100kph elsewhere.

End Area/Zone and thus go back to default limits, is effectively the same as deristricted.

Interestingly, NT used the same sign for it's Unlimited roads.

Reactions: cafz
Having successfully concluded the "end area/zone" discussion, thread drift:

"Speeding is the number one killer on NSW roads" is one of my favourite regulator assertions. Does anyone know the methodology/evidence used to arrive at that conclusion? It just seems so improbable given the number of near misses I observe every day caused by distracted or inattentive drivers. Surely, distraction and inattention are the number 1 causes, speed simply is the lowest hanging fruit in terms of measurable quantities for the investigating body?

"Speeding is the number one killer on NSW roads" is one of my favourite regulator assertions. Does anyone know the methodology/evidence used to arrive at that conclusion? It just seems so improbable given the number of near misses I observe every day caused by distracted or inattentive drivers. Surely, distraction and inattention are the number 1 causes, speed simply is the lowest hanging fruit in terms of measurable quantities for the investigating body?
Speed is easy because it provides an excuse for the revenue raising of speed cameras. In actual fact drowsy driving, alcohol and distraction are the three global leaders of road accidents, and the focus of the new GSR and EuroNCAP legislation. Speed does not feature.

Reactions: Ottmeister

Can't generate revenue from those and make it look like you are doing something without actually expending any real effort.

Reactions: sjkjs
It’s worth noting that the visualisations don’t just mean “the car can see this” - it means they recognise the item *and the meaning* of the item. When it shows an arrow in a lane, it doesn’t mean that it recognises a symbol of that shape, it means it has identified it to the point where it knows which direction you can turn when in that lane.

Similarly, speed limit signs show up as on poles, even if it isn’t (e.g. a temporary speed sign at the end of roadworks) because it recognises that it is a speed limit change sign, and the object in the visualisation is one on a pole.

So the visual display of a sign may not match, it’s the meaning that matters.

Speed is easy because it provides an excuse for the revenue raising of speed cameras. In actual fact drowsy driving, alcohol and distraction are the three global leaders of road accidents, and the focus of the new GSR and EuroNCAP legislation. Speed does not feature.

So you know more about this than the complete body of professional traffic accident researchers? That’s impressive. What are your qualifications, and where have you published your findings?

GSR and EuroCap don’t cover speeding because they are driver monitoring systems, not speed limiting systems.

Question for those with the Christmas update - how do you get the original "single honk" back on locking the vehicle? I've tried turning "Lock sound" off, thinking it would default back to single honk, but it doesn't :(
Fairly sure such a honk is illegal in all states. Here is the nsw guideline