Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was away last night and received a notification to connect to wifi to receive an update - thought I’d leave it as I was 300 km away from home.

Get back today and on to home wifi and there is nothing waiting :(
That's strange, I did see someone say that they withdrew 2024.2.2 (no idea how accurate that is) so maybe that was it?

I've been on 2.3 for a while though.

I was one of the first to get 2.2.1, but have not had an update notification since.

If they'd pulled 2.2.1 for a particular (bug) reason, I would have thought they would have send me a newer update by now.

It almost seems they "like" to have an assortment of different updates out in the wild - might be some A-B-C comparison testing going on.

With my 2.2.1 update, I tested NoA on a particular freeway off-ramp that the Tesla was never capable of negotiating previously - it is narrower than standard due to a steep embankment off to the side, and the Tesla would always start ducking in but then chicken out and quickly jump back onto the freeway (and totally miss the exit without intervention).

With this update, it does the same first little in-out attempt but then successfully takes the exit - only to then dangerously and violently veer right about another 100m down the off ramp and try to take the car completely off the road! Well, to be honest I don't know whether it would have self-recovered from this, I wasn't about to give it the benefit of the doubt so we'll never know, and I'm not going to try this again in a hurry.

I tried to do the voice activated "bug report" and "report bug" but it never understands me when I do this and interprets it as "back report" or "report back" and does something random with the music or radio!

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
I tried to do the voice activated "bug report" and "report bug" but it never understands me when I do this and interprets it as "back report" or "report back" and does something random with the music or radio!
try it with an american accent and it will work fine.
Also remember a bug report is just a time stamp, you have to lodge a service report noting the time stamp to get any action

While driving on back roads yesterday, the autopilot swapped lanes a couple of times. Missing middle markers during a turn made it happen - twice. In the linked videos you can see the AP Autosteer state just underneath the forward camera view (and top center as well). If it's magenta, it's engaged.

First incident (cut to incident time):
Second incident ~10 minutes later:

And another lovely example of the car mistaking "Trucks and buses" limits for itself. The yellow ribbon/indicator on top of the speed ribbon shows the fused speed limit (FSL) the car thinks is applicable at the current location. I was manually (well, pedually) pressing the accelerator to prevent the car from slowing down.

This happened multiple times on this trip, also with roadworks speed limits that were missing the end roadworks sign. You're stuck at the roadworks speed limit until the next speed sign. Or until you turn off onto an existing side road, turn around, and enter the main road again. That recovers the speed limit.

They really need to implement an "undo last speed limit detection" button.

Wouldn't it be nice if Tesla had a trouble ticketing system where such things can be reported...

Reactions: Zinzilla and Ray-S
That's the air quality sensor data. The Aircon system uses those to automatically switch to interior air when they drop, e.g. in a tunnel. 100% means the NOx (nitrous oxides) and carbon monoxide parameters are of good quality. When they drop, they are detected.

That's the air quality sensor data. The Aircon system uses those to automatically switch to interior air when they drop, e.g. in a tunnel. 100% means the NOx (nitrous oxides) and carbon monoxide parameters are of good quality. When they drop, they are detected.
That's awesome, I didn't know we had that. It was great having that on our previous car. I suppose this only happens if we have the recirculate air function switched to auto. I've found that the AC likes having recirculation on a lot to help with cooling the car & maintaining the coolness during summer, so I turn the AC onto manually "no recirculation" mode. I like fresh air, even if it means the AC working harder than it otherwise would. For the same reason I like fresh air, I don't like CO or NOx, so auto-recirculating for these reasons only would be nice.