Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speed camera near the Carlingford village showed up on the nav. But I didn’t hear any audible notification.

Also, some hope for Aussie FSD (Tesluddites , I know that you know that it won’t come.. so don’t bother restating the same thing 🤣)

I did a test yesterday on 2024.8.7 and the speed camera addition is very underwhelming. Yes, the speed cameras do display on the map, but no audible alert.

In the past there has been a connectivity issue between Tesla and Telstra that would bork the waking from sleep connection. It did go away after a day or two - presumably after their people spoke to their people.
Not sure if it’s related… but my Solar service (US cloud based) could not be accessed all morning. working now and car is charging so can’t tell if the problem’s still there.

• Informative
Reactions: dronus and Hairyman
Noticed two things after installing the update (but not sure if directly related):

1. LED variable speed limit can now be recognised (60 and 40 roadwork limits on the harbour bridge today)

2. The take off after light turns green when using autopilot is quicker with much shorter distance between the car in front.

Anyone can corroborate?

Noticed two things after installing the update (but not sure if directly related):

1. LED variable speed limit can now be recognised (60 and 40 roadwork limits on the harbour bridge today)

2. The take off after light turns green when using autopilot is quicker with much shorter distance between the car in front.

Anyone can corroborate?
Be good if both your observations are correct.

I find that using autopilot in traffic gets me honked when the light goes green as the car is too slow taking off, so I rarely use it in suburbia.

I’ll test tomorrow too

In the past there has been a connectivity issue between Tesla and Telstra that would bork the waking from sleep connection. It did go away after a day or two - presumably after their people spoke to their people.
Do you recall if there was anything the punters had to do (reboot/do the macerana/gangnam style) once it was fixed?

Or did it all just start working again :)

Gotta be some generic format they can use, like json :)
The fixed speed camera and red light camera alert that I have works with most brands but not tesla. It creates a Point of Interest file for the native nav system. It is global, and it derives its data from subscribers finding and reporting missing camera’s, which in return gets you lifetime free updates. I’m yet to find one.

Reactions: dronus
I just move my head forward to change mirror angle, worked well for my whole life, failing that I can also look over my shoulder, seems better than looking at the centre screen. Sometimes the old way actually is the best way.
That would work for me if only the drivers mirror would tilt outwards enough. In any previous car, I could have it point outwards enough to cover two lanes and the traditional “blind spot”. In the MY, it only goes far out enough to see the side of the car and up a narrow lane towards the rear of the car. The side camera picks out further laterally. (Or turn my head… something I haven’t had to do since I used to do it for show in my driving tests.)

Anyone can corroborate?
Interesting haven't tested them since the update, will have to check it out. Probably used EAP at lights since, but I almost always add accelerator myself as it is too slow otherwise, so I didn't notice.

Shame he had to cordon off the adjoining space with a bucket and rope so the car could swing into it. Presume from that it does not work when there is another car parked there.
He didn't cordon off that space. It is from an hour long livestream where the car incorrectly navigated into a nursing home lol . It was totally spontaneous. An angry grandpa must have cordoned it off.

Reactions: Jules22