Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an interesting comment we heard today, secondhand but originally from a Tesla employee with knowledge of the SC rollout: Tesla's goal is to have 400 SC locations in N.America. I have heard that statement twice now: 400! That is considerably more than has ever been indicated on any of the public maps. Just imagine the coverage that would provide.

Here is an interesting comment we heard today, secondhand but originally from a Tesla employee with knowledge of the SC rollout: Tesla's goal is to have 400 SC locations in N.America. I have heard that statement twice now: 400! That is considerably more than has ever been indicated on any of the public maps. Just imagine the coverage that would provide.

Wow. If there's a gas price spike and that many SCs are available, Tesla orders will skyrocket.

If they all cost the same as Savanna Airport economy parking lot, at $100 per space per month, with an average of 6 spaces rent would be $240k per month. They'd have to sell 120 cars per month in the USA to pay the rent with the Supercharger fees. Any other fees would pay maintenance, power and new construction.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the original amount for the US was 200 locations, hopefully that means the remaining 200 are for Canada....???? :cool:

Well, you get so cold up there you'd need them spaced every 80 miles. :cool:

It's like Christmas just keeps on coming!! I'm kind of laughing at myself for being so excited, but this does feel epic to me!

I bet in ten in twenty years time, people will have a hard time imagining the US without a coast-to-coast fast-charging network for EVs (just like it's hard to imagine life before everyone had cell phones). I find it really exciting that we get to watch that network being built in real time!

Gallup is working! We may have been first We have an "A" battery so 90KW. Good job Tesla!
P1100143.JPG

P1100146.JPG

Macedonia, OH SC being tested today. Met a great Tesla employee, Troy, who is involved in the SC rollout in the eastern part of the country. They were charging the car off of generator power today and expect it to come online next week sometime. He also told me that Maumee, OH is supposed to be energized Monday. If all goes well, both Ohio SC's will be online next week! I also asked about the other dot in Cleveland, OH, but he said he had not heard anything about it...

3oroWsE.jpg

With the Ohio chargers coming online can Elon make his trip? Wonder if they will try to have everything online by Tuesday when TM makes a presentation at the Detroit Auto Show. Would be nice to announce you can drive coast to coast on the Tesla SC network.

With the Ohio chargers coming online can Elon make his trip? Wonder if they will try to have everything online by Tuesday when TM makes a presentation at the Detroit Auto Show. Would be nice to announce you can drive coast to coast on the Tesla SC network.

I think they still need Cranberry, PA. The crew said it will take approx 3 weeks to complete, but they might not start next week as some permitting activity was still going on (though this conflicts with what I heard from Cranberry Township, which indicated the permit for the Residence Inn parking lot had been approved the day before yesterday).

So it sounds like 4 should be coming online early next week, the pages below are NOT live

Lumberton, NC - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/lumberton
Blanding, UT - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/blanding
Maumee, OH - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/maumee
Macedonia, OH - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/macedonia

Any others that should open next week?

I'm assuming Madison, WI, Eau Claire, WI, and Kingman, AZ will all go online as well. They are all extremely close. And maybe even Las Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

Macedonia, OH SC being tested today. Met a great Tesla employee, Troy, who is involved in the SC rollout in the eastern part of the country. They were charging the car off of generator power today and expect it to come online next week sometime. He also told me that Maumee, OH is supposed to be energized Monday. If all goes well, both Ohio SC's will be online next week! I also asked about the other dot in Cleveland, OH, but he said he had not heard anything about it...

View attachment 40407

Thanks for the update! They've made significant progress since I visited two days ago.

Last edited:
The Arizona Tesla Motors Club just took a day trip to the Supercharger in Quartzsite (middle of nowhere), Arizona. We made a few new friends, met a yet-to-be-delivered owner, probably sold a couple of Teslas, and made a short video. Nice people in Quartzsite, pretty good food, and lots of rocks. Enjoy! Az Tesla Trip To Quartzsite on Vimeo

Off topic: Seems like a DJI Phantom - are you happy with it?

The Golden Spike will be in Albert Lea, Minnesota. With this week's openings, the following other superchargers are needed to go coast-to-coast in an 85: Kingman (construction to be finished next week), Blanding (opening next week), Cheyenne (awaiting power company hookup), and Macedonia (opening imminent). With Maumee and Hagerstown expected to also be open before Albert Lea, the longest gaps would be:

Barstow to Kingman 209 miles
Flagstaff to Gallup 182 miles
Blanding to Grand Junction 184 miles
Silverthorne to Cheyenne 167 miles
Macedonia to Somerset 177 miles
Without Albert Lea, it would be 239 miles from Worthington to Onalaska, which I'm guessing none of you would try in January/February.

Who will be first to go coast-to-coast on supercharger power? (I think half of TMC will try to do it before Elon does)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes. Someone figured out that the Madison page went live a few days ago. I'm surprised it wasn't part of today's release.

Madison, WI - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/madison (live)

islandbayy got an unpleasant reminder that a live web page does not necessarily equal a live supercharger.