Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kingsland went online before November 19 because I used it that day. emupilot posted the list on 12/31.
And to be clear he did not need a defense because I was only offering information not attacking. If it came off as an attack I apologize.

No problem at all. The list is of stations which were "Coming Soon" as of the latest Tesla supercharger map update in late November. Since Kingsland came online in mid-November, it was not on the Coming Soon list.

It's now Jan. 4, 2016 and the Tesla supercharger map still shows "now", "2015" (which is different from "now"), and "2016".

Here's what is going to happen very shortly:

Tesla will dump its 2015 map, rename its 2016 map to 2017, and will establish a new map with a handful of cities for 2016. It will implement only half of the delta between the current 2015 and 2016 maps in 2016 and will simply push the wish list to 2017, to be renamed to 2018 next year.

Tesla will dump its 2015 map, rename its 2016 map to 2017, and will establish a new map with a handful of cities for 2016. It will implement only half of the delta between the current 2015 and 2016 maps in 2016 and will simply push the wish list to 2017, to be renamed to 2018 next year.

Hear, hear...

I think that the best description is that ratio between Elon/Tesla plans and reality is about the ration of Mars to Earth Years or 1.88. Take Tesla schedules and multiply them by 1.88; it as good as any calibration that I know. :biggrin:

Hear, hear...

I think that the best description is that ratio between Elon/Tesla plans and reality is about the ration of Mars to Earth Years or 1.88. Take Tesla schedules and multiply them by 1.88; it as good as any calibration that I know. :biggrin:

So you're saying Elon is so fixated on Mars he makes schedules on Mars time? I do give you points for creativity in your speculation. :smile:

I think the next step is a new map will get posted accidentally which will contain discrepancies between it and the old maps. It will be taken down within a few hours but several people will post screen grabs, and it will be debated endlessly for several days. Some time after that a new improved 2017 map will appear.

Firmware 7.1 will show in real time if a supercharger site is out of service, as we've been asking for. For example a construction accident in Corsicana made the site inaccessible for a week and there was a recent power failure in Shamrock from a storm.

Firmware 7.1 will show in real time if a supercharger site is out of service, as we've been asking for. For example a construction accident in Corsicana made the site inaccessible for a week and there was a recent power failure in Shamrock from a storm.

That's really a good feature! It happens rarely that a Supercharger is down, but the consequences of being stuck at one with an empty battery can be pretty harsh. I was stuck for almost a full day and any detour even with slow chargers would have been faster.

That is a great feature, but I now want them to take visuals to the next step. Tesla should show Superchargers that are getting close to full usage in yellow, and ones with significant queues in orange. That gives a nice easy to understand color coding, green, yellow, orange, and red. If I see red, I will definitely be doing alternate planning. With yellow or orange, I will decide how much I heed to go out of my way or charge extra, but will do some considerations.

That is a great feature, but I now want them to take visuals to the next step. Tesla should show Superchargers that are getting close to full usage in yellow, and ones with significant queues in orange. That gives a nice easy to understand color coding, green, yellow, orange, and red. If I see red, I will definitely be doing alternate planning. With yellow or orange, I will decide how much I heed to go out of my way or charge extra, but will do some considerations.

I like the idea, even if it is reminiscent of the old Department of Homeland Security "terror threat level".

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2009/09/dhs-threat1.jpg