Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If past history is an indicator, TM won't announce exactly where they are until they're operational. And now, with 4.5 software, they'll pop up on the nav app when they go online.

Of course, TMC members have spilled the beans on at least a couple of the new ones coming online soon.

Getting so many locations within 2 years is awesome. I used the SC for the first time this past weekend, worked great, but cutting down the charging time by 10-15 minutes will be great. Eventually it would be nice to increase the rate to half charge in 5-10 minutes (if technologically possible).

I can't find any exact locations of the ones going online soon. Did Tesla not make these locations public yet?

Based on earlier maps, these locations are very approximate, more like a general area than a map point. I'm not sure how they do the final location refinement, but I suspect they do listen a bit to what locals have to say. The original location in CT was not optimal and after a lot of locals commented on it, they moved it to a better location when they actually built it. Although I'm not saying the comments affected the final location, it's possible.

Here is an extrapolated higher-resolution map of the California Superchargers:

CaliforniaChargers.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the US map.

US_Superchargers.jpg

It's good to finally know their plan though I suspect 2014 and 2015 are much more fluid. It would be nice to give the locations of the 19 new Summer 2013 since they must have them pretty well in progress. Or at least, the ones where they have permits (Like Centralia, WA).

By the way, it looks they are admitting that some of their early locations weren't completely thought out, like Gilroy vs Salinas. Though there seem to be a couple of odd placements of future chargers. In Oregon there appears to be 2 SCs fairly close - Woodburn and somewhere on Rte 22 (Stayton? Detroit?).

Agree. Little Rock via Oklahoma City doesn't seem optimal. I suspect these gaps will be addressed through locations tweaks / additions over the coming months.

I REALLY hope so! It looks like there's a big blank area of the country between Dallas and Birmingham. I'd like to drive home to Indiana from Shreveport, but it looks like I'll have to wait a couple of years. :tongue: As for the route to Little Rock, there'd need to be a stop somewhere around Hope...

I know this is a bit regional, but in Minnesota, why would Tesla choose first to add in Brainerd? And then Bemidji? We're talking well off the beaten path. At most it would be more likely to be a starting/ending point, thus less need for rapid charge as one would along an interstate. They've neglected Minneapolis. Personally I think they should have gone first with interstate locations, especially St. Cloud. Confused.

Raven - looking at the map, it looks like Albert Lea is first. As far as Bemidji/Brainerd ... our northern friends might disagree with you.

Minneapolis isn't neglected -- the majority of cars sold will likely be in the Twin Cities metro area, which means they will be charging at home every night. Superchargers are needed on roadtrips. Those in Mpls leaving and heading south are covered in Albert Lea. Heading to Wisconsin or Chicago - covered. And heading north to Canada - covered.

Personally, I'd vote for Owatonna. But Albert Lea works, too.

As far as Bemidji/Brainerd ... our northern friends might disagree with you. .

If you ask me, this gets into the "locals hogging superchargers" ethics dilemma. Superchargers are for transients needing a rapid charge to keep going. Keep it to high traffic areas IMO. That's where most demand will be. These superchargers will also act as billboards/advertisement. High traffic...

Edit: I know you've posted reference to Owatonna in the past so I assume you meant "northern friends" as in northern MN, not just MN residents in general.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit regional, but in Minnesota, why would Tesla choose first to add in Brainerd? And then Bemidji? We're talking well off the beaten path. At most it would be more likely to be a starting/ending point, thus less need for rapid charge as one would along an interstate. They've neglected Minneapolis. Personally I think they should have gone first with interstate locations, especially St. Cloud. Confused.

You notice how one the last map the circles cover all of the US? I have a feeling some of the last dots were chosen just to make that happen. They may not end up actually going there.

By the way, it looks they are admitting that some of their early locations weren't completely thought out, like Gilroy vs Salinas.

Do we know that Salinas is one of the planned future stations? Personally, I think Salinas makes some sense as it would take the pressure off of the extremely busy Gilroy station used by lots of cars coming from all different locations and allow folks who are heading south on the 101 from the Bay Area to bypass Gilroy.

Do we know that Salinas is one of the planned future stations? Personally, I think Salinas makes some sense as it would take the pressure off of the extremely busy Gilroy station used by lots of cars coming from all different locations and allow folks who are heading south on the 101 from the Bay Area to bypass Gilroy.
That's just a guess based on the map they showed. Where ever it actually goes, it appears to be a short distance from Gilroy.