Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How fast were you able to charge at the Silverthorne Supercharger today? Able to 1/2 your charge time on 5.6?

More like 2/3. I will analyze the data in detail, later. It looks like what used to take 1:30 for the last 110 to 120 miles in a P85 with 4.5 is now 0:55 with 5.6, nice improvement. :biggrin:

It will be many weeks before I do the return trip starting with 20-30 in the battery as I plug into the Supercharger. Maybe, I will hang out and watch an entire 5.6 cycle on the Supercharger, probably after Thanksgiving.

I've always found the circle approach to be misleading. The issue is that you have two superchargers that are 200 miles apart. You overlay 150 mile radius circles on them. It looks like a continuous corridor of green between the circles but you can't drive between them with a 150 mile range limit. Now, it's fairly obvious when it's a single line of superchargers (for example, between the NC and VA and DE superchargers). It's more challenging when they are blobbed together. Wish I had a recommended solution, though.

I much prefer Tesla's European supercharger map

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

europe supercharger.PNG

The EU map is much more useful because is takes into account actual roads, which are absent from the Tesla map. However, the EU map seems incomplete because it doesn't include secondary roads - understating the real range of the Model S. What I'd like to see is a map that with all roads highlighted that are within about a 90 mile driving distance of a SC. I tried to draw one myself, but it got messy and I gave up. When you use this approach, it reveals some gaps in coverage that will need to be filled. (e.g., The top national park, Yosemite, which is well outside the round-trip range of a Tesla Model S)

The EU map is much more useful because is takes into account actual roads, which are absent from the Tesla map. However, the EU map seems incomplete because it doesn't include secondary roads - understating the real range of the Model S. What I'd like to see is a map that with all roads highlighted that are within about a 90 mile driving distance of a SC. I tried to draw one myself, but it got messy and I gave up. When you use this approach, it reveals some gaps in coverage that will need to be filled. (e.g., The top national park, Yosemite, which is well outside the round-trip range of a Tesla Model S)
Agreed, that's the kind of map that would be very useful.

It's not just Yosemite either, Glacier is also pretty inaccessible. There seems to be a general design in the Supercharger locations to allow long distance travel without much emphasis on destinations where charging is not available, e.g. most national parks.

Perhaps in the next round after 2015?

It'd be great if the Supercharger map on the website is made more interactive: allow zooming in and also clicking on each of the (red) dots to jump to that specific site's detail page rather than having to wade through the list below and figure out where those locations might be; for one, I had no idea where exactly the cities/towns of Corning, Grants Pass etc. were till I pulled them up on Google Maps.

It'd be great if the Supercharger map on the website is made more interactive: allow zooming in and also clicking on each of the (red) dots to jump to that specific site's detail page rather than having to wade through the list below and figure out where those locations might be; for one, I had no idea where exactly the cities/towns of Corning, Grants Pass etc. were till I pulled them up on Google Maps.

You should take a look at this map (made by Blue Shift on the Tesla Motors Forum), it allows you to zoom in and zoom out, and you can adjust the range as well. I personally find this map very practical. Here is a link: http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

You should take a look at this map (made by Blue Shift on the Tesla Motors Forum), it allows you to zoom in and zoom out, and you can adjust the range as well. I personally find this map very practical. Here is a link: http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

Very nice. I moved the range down to 75 mi to see comfortable connections for 60's. There are some gaps on the East Coast. I also noticed a gap in Oregon, then saw that the Springfield Supercharge is not on this map. I sent a note to support AT teslawiki DOT net to let them know.

At today's supercharger event in Seattle, I spoke briefly with Kevin Kassekert, Director of Supercharger Deployment and Energy Efficiency. He answered a few questions with information I thought would be of interest:

1. The Ellensburg WA supercharger is expected to be on line by the end of the year.

2. Construction will start on the Vacaville CA supercharger within the next few days.

3. TM has a program to encourage hotels to install charging stations. If a hotel agrees to purchase two HPWCs, TM will donate an additional two units for free.

While not particularly surprising, all of this was good news.

On Tesla's map they show a gray dot south of Washington D.C. Does anyone know the location of where that supercharger will be for sure? I have a friend that have been checking out the area somewhat to no avail! I can't seem to direct him to an exact location.. I know it must be on the I-95 corridor somewhere.. I've been guessing Woodbridge VA near Wegman's or in that area.... but nothing yet. HELP!!

On Tesla's map they show a gray dot south of Washington D.C. Does anyone know the location of where that supercharger will be for sure? I have a friend that have been checking out the area somewhat to no avail! I can't seem to direct him to an exact location.. I know it must be on the I-95 corridor somewhere.. I've been guessing Woodbridge VA near Wegman's or in that area.... but nothing yet. HELP!!

Don't know yet. I doubt this one has the priority right now. I am hoping the southeastern superchargers are not bumped for other priorities before winter break. I think the northern VA supercharger comes after the southeastern superchargers, coming sometime in early 2014 probably closer to then end of winter.