Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the newest suspected spot in the outlets at vacaville today... Already some changes. More flags. A lot of area roped off. Sidewalk is now coned off. Large conduit PVC pipes are sitting there (6" in diameter or more). The spot where there was a small rectangle flagged off is now a much larger rectangle with things sticking out of the ground in the middle.

Today is Monday November 4th. With all the Teslas sold in the Dallas-Houston corridor, can we get at least one of the two Superchargers on I-45 (main road between the two coities) open in time for Thanksgiving Holidays? By the way, had occasion to drive to Austin and San Antonio over the weekend and utiolized the Superchargers in Waco and San Marcos. Awesome first time experience for me.

The spot at the outlets in Vacaville is under work. Talked to the guys, and it is confirmed. 8 spots. I'll shed more details after work. They are pushing hard for thanksgiving, but no guarantees.
As promised, here is my further update. The guy gave me some details. The actual supercharger hardware will be where there currently are some parking spots, so the site itself is actually going to take up about 10 spots. The box marked off outside is just a transformer.

he said they nearly were sent to a different location due to some snag in paperwork, and that would have put this site on hold for at least a month. They would have gone elsewhere in the meantime. From what he said, it sounds like a Maryland location would have been close to next. Montana also is close on the list. Further a couple in Arizona and Wisconsin are very close to the top.

After talking to him, it sounds like any order of where crews are going next is very subject to change. Any hiccups, and they will go to a different one based on what is closest to ready paperwork wise.

after talking to him, i would expect 50 more by the end of the year. Optimistic, but it sounds like things are really ramping up.

he also had never seen a model s.... I didn't have mine with me today (wife had it), but I promised to bring it by so he can see what he is supporting. He was very excited about everything.

Thought that one was supposed to be in No. VA somewhere?

My immediate thought was Hagerstown.

Springfield would be about half way from Newark to Glen Allen and right at I-95, I-395, I-495 and I-295 intersection. But you are right not MD. IMHO north side of the beltway is pretty close to Newark and mostly wasted unless it promotes travel to western MD. Frederick, MD might be a bit more realistic from Newark. That would get you to all of western MD, Altoona PA, Somerset PA and Harrisburg.

Last edited:
...he also had never seen a model s.... I didn't have mine with me today (wife had it), but I promised to bring it by so he can see what he is supporting. He was very excited about everything.
Better than show it to him, offer to let him drive it. Of course, this offer comes with a price: more info!!! :tongue:
Since he is in Cali, please ask him if he knows anything about the SC's on the 395 corridor (Ridgecrest, Lone Pine, Bishop). These are on the Fall list, with no rumors for awhile.

Springfield would be about half way from Newark to Glen Allen and right at I-95, I-395, I-495 and I-295 intersection. But you are right not MD. IMHO north side of the beltway is pretty close to Newark and mostly wasted unless it promotes travel to western MD. Frederick, MD might be a bit more realistic from Newark. That would get you to all of western MD, Altoona PA, Somerset PA and Harrisburg.

Yes, Springfield makes a lot of sense--or Woodbridge, I guess, though that's getting pretty far south.

For MD, I think Hagerstown is more likely than Frederick. You pick up the confluence of 81 and 70 there and it's only 130 miles from Newark. Frederick I think is too close to DC.

So, given the Vacaville SC won't be open in time, anyone familiar with this nearby site:

Bella Vista Road Park & Ride - Vacaville

That seems to have a lot of high-powered chargers, that Leafs and such flock to. Anyone charged their S there? J1772 adapter, ya think?

Why is PlugShare so vague? "Wall Outlet, EV Plug, Quick Charge, 240v, Tesla". Not one of those things is unambiguous.

This Vacaville Bella Vista Road Park & Ride is a pretty impressive facility. From above, it kinda blows the doors off any Tesla Supercharger site in terms of size. Love the big solar array. Looking forward to SuperChargers with this many chargers.

vacaville.jpg

Regarding Manteca... I am kind of perplexed what they will do in the I-205, I-580, I-5 "convergence zone". If its in Tracy it misses people coming up I-5.. Manteca would miss people heading south on I-580 to I-5. They may have to do two eventually to cover both options... don't think either is on the horizon for the next 6 months.

Regarding Manteca... I am kind of perplexed what they will do in the I-205, I-580, I-5 "convergence zone". If its in Tracy it misses people coming up I-5.. Manteca would miss people heading south on I-580 to I-5. They may have to do two eventually to cover both options... don't think either is on the horizon for the next 6 months.

On the supercharger timeline map, it's shown as winter 2013. Hopefully it's not 6 months out.