Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed, saw one SC frame on southbound Merritt parkway rest stop in Greenwich CT!!! Very small rest stop hopefully there will be at least two both north and south. I commend CT for a great job letting tesla put them in on the highways. Should be less than a month away from opening!

No, the rest stops are being renovated both southbound and northbound. They have been renovating all of the rest stops on the Merritt pkwy. The building, pumps and parking area are all being renovated and it looks as though it's a month out from being completed. All I saw was the red color steel frame of the SC. The frame just showed up, I have been checking almost daily. Should be ready by the time the rest stop opens. Will try and take some pictures and post, but it's off a residential area and not easy to get close to the construction.

No, the rest stops are being renovated both southbound and northbound. They have been renovating all of the rest stops on the Merritt pkwy.

I wonder how in the future supercharger access is going to be handled when they have to renovate/maintain these public rest stops? In particular, if the rest stops are closed during maintenance it would greatly inconvenience or strand travelers.

Yes but if they are located at EVERY rest stop it matters little if 1 is closed.

He was stating that there have been times when ALL rest stops in the state are closed. Usually due to budget constraints. The entrances are blocked off by barriers...

I think this is of little consequence though... Rest stops out west are very different than those back east. East-coast rest stops commonly have restaurants and gas stations (and now Superchargers). Out west, rest stops are in the middle of nowhere, can be off-grid (with some solar lighting...), with the amenities limited to restrooms, vending machines and picnic tables.

Based on that, I can see why Tesla is putting SCs in at rest stops on the East-coast. I don't think any have been installed at rest stops in AZ, CA, OR and WA...

I was originally thinking Cabazon made sense... But when you do range estimates between LA and Phoenix, Cabazon to Blythe is a bit of a stretch for a 60 -- especially with the climb up from Indio to Chiriaco Summit...

So San Bernadino ends up making more sense when you also have one in Indio, Blythe and just west of Phoenix,,,

anyone seen the permit for Indio, CA?

Here are some pics of the JFK Airport SC to be installed around thanksgiving....

image.jpg
image.jpg

Why are there chargers at JFK?

Good question! I really believe Tesla is just being opportunistic as to where they are easily able to acquire sites. This location really only makes sense for people traveling from the south heading out to the Hamptons or vice versa. I you are flying out of JFK you certainly don't need a SC as a Level 1 outlet would work just fine.

With this being said the more Superchargers the better but it seems like a strange location to prioritize so early in the nationwide deployment.