Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if it's different than what they said to you, but they're apparently looking for something in the area. Here's the response I got:

I really hope they find something in Ontario as that's more convenient for me, but I'd take either one!

I got another message from Tesla:

We are still planning on a site linking San Diego to Barstow that is targeted for completion next year. Please keep in mind that our website represents a general plan of our Supercharger rollout and is meant to highlight corridors of travel. We currently do not have a station planned for Primm, NV, though we will have one completed in Las Vegas by year’s end. Please continue to monitor our website for updates.

The lack of a station in Primm is a big problem for those of us who want to make the trip in 60s. (It's possible, and I did it once, but conditions were probably ideal, and it was a bit stressful.)

Well, I just came from the local Service Center and even though I had heard this before, it is a bit mind-boggling.

There are currently about 42 or 43 active Supercharger Stations available for use, and there are either 43 or 42 additional locations where shovels are currently "in the ground" building the next generation of Superchargers.
AND, if a standard Supercharger Station (without Solar Panels) takes about 4 to 5 weeks to construct, by mid to late January there will be around 85 Supercharger Stations.

Although I'm sure all the "Coming Soon" superchargers really are coming soon, I'm skeptical that many are under construction. TMC has found 20 North American superchargers currently in a state somewhere between equipment being delivered and power on. We miss a few, but I don't think we're in for more than 20 surprise openings in the next few weeks.

I agree that there are too many places to find out information about superchargers. However this thread is too long and too active to find out information about specific locations, such as one near you, so I thought created specific ones would be beneficial. We'll need some TMC admins to really create the structure and simplify things. But I agree with sticky under construction threads until its complete and then it can essentially disappear. Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that Two SC Ribbon Cuttings were scheduled to occur today, one each in MI and IN.
Congratulations!
Have looked for pictures, perhaps somebody will post some from the events.

Yes, I heard the same thing from Tesla Supercharger team - "We are still hosting events for our openings and St. Joseph, MI and Mishawaka, IN will be on Wednesday." Haven't seen anything myself.

The lack of a station in Primm is a big problem for those of us who want to make the trip in 60s. (It's possible, and I did it once, but conditions were probably ideal, and it was a bit stressful.)

Yeah, I met a lady at the Hawthorne SC who'd done the trip in her 60. She hadn't really put any thought into it from the sounds of it and just wanted to go to Vegas with her daughter. She said they didn't have much left when they got there and she was pretty nervous from the sound of it.

According to EVTripPlanner, if it's 100 degrees out, you're cooling the cabin to 72, and you have 400lbs of payload, it'd take 53.9 kwh/175.1 rated miles at a speed multiplier of 1. Slowing down can make it work pretty easily it seems, though another stop in Primm would probably be ideal and more comfortable. Out of curiosity, how fast were you going and what was the weather like?

Based on the Supercharger maps I'm seeing, it looks like all you right-coasters and heartlanders making the Teslive Tesla Trek will necessarily pass about a mile or two from my home outside Denver. I'll join the convoy as you pass by; but first, the party's at my house. And anyone needing a little boost to get over the Divide to Silverthorne is welcome to plug their UMC into one of my two 50A 14-50 outlets.

Thanks Steve! Can't wait!

Aaron

Its great that we're seeing all those progress in California and Arizona but is anyone around the areas of Savannah, Santee or Lumberton? It would be great to see some pictures if its possible.

I live in Raleigh NC and will be driving to Charleston SC next week. I can drive by and take pics (wife permission pending). Do you have the address for the Santee, SC supercharger? I saw the address for the Lumberton one, and it's right on my way.

I live in Raleigh NC and will be driving to Charleston SC next week. I can drive by and take pics (wife permission pending). Do you have the address for the Santee, SC supercharger? I saw the address for the Lumberton one, and it's right on my way.

Awesome! No, I'm not sure that the Santee address has been discovered. I think members have assumed its in that town but we don't have much confirmation.

Anybody with a high-resolution map think the location is in another town other than Santee or does anyone have any other details about this proposed location?

Awesome! No, I'm not sure that the Santee address has been discovered. I think members have assumed its in that town but we don't have much confirmation.

Anybody with a high-resolution map think the location is in another town other than Santee or does anyone have any other details about this proposed location?

How are the locations for the other under-construction locations discovered? I'm guessing through some public notice website as a result of the permitting process? There's not really anything around the I-95/I-26 interchange, so I would guess the location is going to be inconvenient for people going in one direction (who will have to back-track and come back to the SC).

How are the locations for the other under-construction locations discovered? I'm guessing through some public notice website as a result of the permitting process? There's not really anything around the I-95/I-26 interchange, so I would guess the location is going to be inconvenient for people going in one direction (who will have to back-track and come back to the SC).

Yes, locations are usually discovered by finding permits or city council agendas. The Savannah location was found by a news article.

Ya, Santee is 13 miles north-east of I-26 but placing it there would allow some people going from Charlotte or Columbia to Charleston the ability to charge up. Wouldn't be hugely convenient but may work for the time being.

Some cities have no such web site. We learned of Worthington, MN through a news article from a local broadcaster, as I recall, Rapic City simply appeared one day with no advance knowledge.
Most of what we hear about is rumors (usually from good sources) and speculation.

For areas that do have web access to permits it is a lot easier to get reliable information.

Great to see the progress on the Superchargers. Those of us in the MidWest would really like to see some progress in the Chicago-St Louis-Kansas City-Denver corridor. Seems like one in Columbia and another one near the Legends outlets in 435 and I70 would be a good start...then one in the middle of Kansas somewhere.

Has anybody heard anything?

Great to see the progress on the Superchargers. Those of us in the MidWest would really like to see some progress in the Chicago-St Louis-Kansas City-Denver corridor. Seems like one in Columbia and another one near the Legends outlets in 435 and I70 would be a good start...then one in the middle of Kansas somewhere.

Has anybody heard anything?
Amen...and something down on I-44, maybe in Rolla at the Science and Technology school. Great midway point between Tulsa and St.Louis

> 60s really need Primm. [FredTMC]

If Baker SC exists there is no need for Primm. :confused:
--

I agree that Baker would do, but I'd rather hang out in Primm, I think. And as far as I know, there are zero superchargers planned between Barstow and Vegas.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I met a lady at the Hawthorne SC who'd done the trip in her 60. She hadn't really put any thought into it from the sounds of it and just wanted to go to Vegas with her daughter. She said they didn't have much left when they got there and she was pretty nervous from the sound of it.

According to EVTripPlanner, if it's 100 degrees out, you're cooling the cabin to 72, and you have 400lbs of payload, it'd take 53.9 kwh/175.1 rated miles at a speed multiplier of 1. Slowing down can make it work pretty easily it seems, though another stop in Primm would probably be ideal and more comfortable. Out of curiosity, how fast were you going and what was the weather like?

My trip to Vegas was on a strangely cool summer day. It rained a little bit. I forget what the temperature was, but it was far from hot. I drove 65 MPH until I reached the summit, and then drove 70 or so the rest of the way. I had a comfortable margin remaining. (Sorry, I don't remember, exactly.)

On the way back, it was very hot. I drove a little bit faster, because I was more confident, but I used up more range. I also avoided blasting the A/C, which made for a less comfortable trip.

It's probably a lot worse in winter when it's cold, and I understand there are often headwinds, which can be a range killer. I would be uneasy trying this trip in those conditions.

Also, it sucks to have to range charge. I spent about an hour and half charging in Barstow, because it just gets so slow at the end, and I really thought I needed that range.

I read that Two SC Ribbon Cuttings were scheduled to occur today, one each in MI and IN.
Congratulations!
Have looked for pictures, perhaps somebody will post some from the events.

Haven't seen anything besides the image Tesla released today on Facebook. Pretty sure its the St. Joseph location. "Our #Supercharger network continues to expand! We just energized stations in Angola and Mishawaka, IN and St. Joseph, MI."

921672_10152065146897801_1637646247_o.jpg