Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The list refers to the the webpages that redirect to "Access Denied." Murdo can come off the "coming soon" (re: redirect) list.

Live Webpage:
Madison Supercharger | Tesla Motors
Murdo Supercharger | Tesla Motors

"Redirect: Access Denied"
St. Augustine, FL
Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Gallup, NM

Onalaska, WI

Grand Junction, CO

OK, so for the Live Webpages, Murdo is on the Nav screen and Madison is not. "islandbayy" was not able to charge at Madison last night. From this, I would assume that Murdo is able to offer charging services and Madison is not. I count Murdo as #50 on the North American Supercharger Tally.

OK, so for the Live Webpages, Murdo is on the Nav screen and Madison is not. "islandbayy" was not able to charge at Madison last night. From this, I would assume that Murdo is able to offer charging services and Madison is not. I count Murdo as #50 on the North American Supercharger Tally.

I concur. Madison's page is live, but the route overlay on the two maps is not accurate yet.

Good point. Let me rephrase:

Live Webpage:
Live Webpage - Active in Navigation App

Live Webpage - Not Active in Navigation App

St. Augustine, FL

Gallup, NM

Onalaska, WI

Grand Junction, CO

Gallup, NM Supercharger Status Update

I wrote to the supercharger site about an article in the Farmington Daily Times which reported that the Gallup SC site was open.

I got a quick response and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for your email. Despite the article information, our Gallup station is not yet open to the public. Tesla has finished all construction and work; we are simply waiting for some final inspections before the station can be listed as open and operational on our website and in the cars. The city is on holiday break so we expect to have this site ready for you to use by next week.

So it looks like both Gallup and Farmington SCs will be going online in January.

Good point. Let me rephrase:

Live Webpage:
Live Webpage - Active in Navigation App

Live Webpage - Not Active in Navigation App

St. Augustine, FL

Gallup, NM

Onalaska, WI

Grand Junction, CO

OK, the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page now list Murdo and the North American Supercharger count is officially up to 50 by the end of 2013! That is a 35% increase in North American Superchargers in 1 month!!!

Who's going to get to Murdo first with their MS? :biggrin:

Supercharger Installs.png

What will connect Kingman, AZ to Barstow, CA? It's 206 miles between these cities.

Take your pick:
  1. Kingman to Las Vegas to Barstow. 103/162/121 - 386 miles total - 789 W Beale St, Kingman, AZ 86401 to 1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250 - Google Maps
  2. Kingman to Quartzsite to Indio? to Hawthorne. 133/118/136 - 388 miles total - 789 W Beale St, Kingman, AZ 86401 to 1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250 - Google Maps
  3. Kingman to Barstow to Hawthorne, Direct 209/121 - 329 miles total - 789 W Beale St, Kingman, AZ 86401 to 1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250 - Google Maps

Unless winds were horrible, I would consider #3, the direct route, do a Supercharger range charge, and hypermile it. On the other hand, an extra 60 miles would be pretty quick to cover, being able to drive faster, and avoiding that horrible last 45 minutes or more of the range taper. In reality, I think that all three choices are about the same amount of time; what looks more fun?

I'm on the go, and then not so much! Superchargers are fantastic when traveling about. I've got to admit there are times when I am not driving a lot. I've started to use 120v charging much more than I thought I would. It is at a destination, when I'm going to be there for a while. I've found it to be very easy and, funny how time slides by, the next thing I know, my MS is as full as I need it to be. 15hrsx3mph=45 miles added. I'm rarely driving much more than 50 miles when basically, I'm at home, and many times much less, so it adds up quickly. If I don't drive for a full day and then some, it's a little more like 40hoursx3mph= 120 miles added! .....Now, ...I get it!! Most of the time we drive much, much more and need to get 240v charging at a minimum. I just wanted to throw my experience out there because it caught me a little off guard. It's an easy way to keep the battery warm, heat the cabin prior going out, gain mileage at a rate that, just works sometimes. When I'm about to travel a long distance, I'll charge to the maximum at home, then skip a Supercharger along the way to arrive near empty at the next supercharger and so on. Slow 120v charging and supercharging 120kv have been working very well for me with a little planning. I use solar at home, which offsets my charging $ and have only paid $21.46 {at a pay for charge station} since I got my MS last March. I have about 8200 miles on my MS so far.

High Plains Island – Lusk, WY to Worthington, MN

Those 5 High Plains Superchargers, Lusk, Rapid City, Murdo, Mitchell, Worthington, must be the least used superchargers on the planet right now. I wonder if any of the 5 have seen a customer MS.

Can't wait for Cheyenne to connect the Colorado Island to the High Plains Island...that should happen before the Utah/New Mexico/Arizona Superchargers under construction connect Colorado to California.

Happy New Year everyone!!! :biggrin:

Hawthorne was a mess this afternoon. Took 20 min to get a spot to begin with and then plateaued at 26 kW for 15 min before it ramped up to 54 kW. Added only 110 miles in an hour of charging.

Just imagine next year when the number of drivers competing for SCs will be 50%+ higher. There are at least two more SC locations planned for the LA area, which may relieve some of the congestion at Hawthorne. Ultimately, many more sites will be needed - maybe on the 5, 10, 15 and 91 Fwys to help avoid long detours.