Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are 89 red dots on the "coming soon" map at Supercharger | Tesla Motors, and 72 "Open" plus under "Construction" at Teslawiki Superchargers. There have to be a few more surprises out there. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Here's what we know about those 17 other dots - only 7 have any degree of mystery:
Indio CA, Cleveland (not Macedonia) OH, Woodbridge VA, Albany NY: specific location unknown, no indication of impending construction
Squamish BC, Cranberry PA, Plymouth NC: construction to begin soon but specific location not known
Roseville CA, Oxnard CA, El Centro CA, Yuma AZ, Gila Bend AZ, Buckeye AZ, Holbrook AZ, Edison NJ: specific location known but no construction yet
Eau Claire WI, East Greenwich RI: construction mostly complete but not shown on the Teslawiki page

Does anyone know the total number of supercharger stalls in North America?
If there are 300 supercharger stalls ( 50 locations times 6 stalls each on average ) and 18000 Model S, then there are currently 60 cars per stall.

Specifically, no I do not know.
If you have a calculator, and really need/want to know, the TMC Wiki Supercharger page notes the number of supercharger bays at each location.
Some have less than 6, some have more.

Edited, added link:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showwiki.php?title=North+American+Tesla+Supercharger+locations

Last edited:
I manually scraped all the washington, oregon and california chargers.
120 total stalls at 19 locations, 6.3 stalls per location average.
burlington, wa 8
centralia, wa 10
ellensburg, wa 5
detroit lake, or 6
woodburn,or 8
springfield,or 8
grants pass,or 4
mt. shasta, ca 4
corning, ca 6
folsom, ca 4
vacaville,ca 8
fremont,ca 8
gilroy,ca 4
harris ranch, ca 7
atascadero, ca 8
buellton,ca 8
tejon ranch,ca 6
hawthorne,ca 4
barstow,ca 4

I manually scraped all the washington, oregon and california chargers.
120 total stalls at 19 locations, 6.3 stalls per location average.
burlington, wa 8
centralia, wa 10
ellensburg, wa 5
detroit lake, or 6
woodburn,or 8
springfield,or 8
grants pass,or 4
mt. shasta, ca 4
corning, ca 6
folsom, ca 4
vacaville,ca 8
fremont,ca 8
gilroy,ca 4
harris ranch, ca 7
atascadero, ca 8
buellton,ca 8
tejon ranch,ca 6
hawthorne,ca 4
barstow,ca 4

Didn't Gilroy get upgraded to 10 or 12 chargers? Or is that not finished yet?

If there are 300 supercharger stalls ( 50 locations times 6 stalls each on average ) and 18000 Model S, then there are currently 60 cars per stall.

Its really more appropriate to look at the capacity of each site on an individual level and what is its peak capacity without starting queues. See Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model for some more discussion.

@richkae... Gilroy CA has 10 supercharger stalls right now. There is plenty of room for more if, and when they are needed. I do not believe there are plans to add any more in the immediate future.

BELOW: a few pictures of Vacaville CA earlier today. Tesla did a very nice job at Vacaville CA.

IMG_8854.jpg
IMG_8855.jpg
IMG_8856.jpg
IMG_8857.jpg
IMG_8858.jpg

East Greenwich, RI is another big piece of the I-95 route. It's exactly 100 miles from Milford, CT, which increases the range of the network considerably. People will now have no problem going south from Boston on I-95.
FWIW, few Bostonians would travel I-95 S through Boston; the normal route is I-90 W to I-84 W to I-91 S to I-95. The main value of the E Greenwich SC is for travel out to Cape Cod from New York/New Haven.

That European supercharger sign is a great idea. I wonder why they don't have them in the US?

I believe he is referring to this European sign. Use the "Reply With Quote" button to quote earlier posts.

Found this on Twitter from "Roman." Looks like an informational sign at the Jettingen supercharger in Germany. I wonder if these will make their way to the U.S. It looks like these would help people unfamiliar with Tesla to understand what superchargers are exactly.
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/handyfan/view/16402758

By my count there are 317 stalls at 50 locations, for an average of 6.3 per location. I think by now there are closer to 25,000 Model S on the road, so that would work out to 78.86 cars per stall. As others have noted, this is a very unscientific method, and so that's not a very useful statistic, but it might be interesting to see the trend over time, as a way to compare the rate of Supercharger installs to the rate of Model S deliveries.

Interesting, where exactly are they going to add new bays at Gilroy? I wasn't aware that Tesla had planned a further expansion of Gilroy (I am aware that Tesla's website said 8 more bays were planned before the recent addition of the 6 new ones).

All I know is there are 6 supercharger cabinets, which would support 12 stalls, and there is conduit for two more cabinets. I couldn't figure out where the conduit goes.

- - - Updated - - -

@richkae... Gilroy CA has 10 supercharger stalls right now. There is plenty of room for more if, and when they are needed. I do not believe there are plans to add any more in the immediate future.

I believe there are immediate plans to add two more stalls, given the cabinet is there, and the web site says 8 are being added (which would make the total 12).