Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Elon's trip is very important since it will provide him with the real world experience of long distance supercharging. Hard to think that he won't run into a few challenges while charging.
I would not be surprised if Tesla makes changes in their supercharging strategy once he completes his journey. (and recovers from driving with his children:smile:)

I think Tesla will continue with their recent aggressive rollout in 2014. 120-150 stations.

I agree with your statement about real world experience. He will be able to see first-hand how his system works and will take notice of glitches and holes in the system.

I think Tesla will continue with their recent aggressive rollout in 2014. 120-150 stations.

Hopefully we will get a few more in Norway too as we are beginning to experience congestion now. Yesterday I charged at Lillehammer along with 5 other cars, that has never happened before. One of the four SuperChargers were also offline, so only 6 spots were active. Thus there were no free spots at that time.

Dombås reportedly also had at least 6 cars charging concurrently yesterday.

Of interest is that Elon's Model S is an early model - yes, the second Model S I believe, and will only charge at 90kW (not 120kW) as per other discussions re 90kW limitation on these earlier cars. So…will he have had his modified?

I believe Elon's trip is very important since it will provide him with the real world experience of long distance supercharging. Hard to think that he won't run into a few challenges while charging.
I would not be surprised if Tesla makes changes in their supercharging strategy once he completes his journey. (and recovers from driving with his children:smile:)

Of interest is that Elon's Model S is an early model - yes, the second Model S I believe, and will only charge at 90kW (not 120kW) as per other discussions re 90kW limitation on these earlier cars. So…will he have had his modified?

I think it's reasonable to believe Elon's car receives upgrades/retrofits on any new hardware. I highly doubt he has the original battery. We know his car was the first Performance+ Long before the P+ announcement. Also, I would believe he'd try the battery swapping application because he can. Who wouldn't?

Who's gonna volunteer to crawl under his car and get a photo of the battery label? Inquiring minds want to know!:smile:

Ha! That's good.:biggrin:

I was more inclined to believe that he will be driving the new Model X with 4 wheel drive, 600 hp, (the new 100 kW type D battery is likely, too, with 130 kw charging) They might have a portable battery swap truck drive up just to show off that tech, News at Eleven!

It will be a PR trip from the ground up. Local Tesla owners will show up, wanting to get pictures charging at the next stall. Tesla Mafia will be there in Men In Black coture to keep the paparazzi and tourists in line. We will all follow on Twitter and Facebook, numerous Youtube videos, and hourly reports on TM Club. Endless loops on National News if one of the kids says anything cute. Billions worth of free advertising.

I will be disappointed in anything less.

You know it!

Attachments

• e95.jpg
    e95.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 834
You can add Grand Junction to this list.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Murdo, SD supercharger page is up.

Murdo Supercharger | Tesla Motors[/FONT]

Murdo is the only one in this list (west of the Mississippi) on the Nav App map! I doubt that there is an MS in the neighborhood to go give it a try, but the fact that Murdo has its own web page live, and is on the Nav App map in the car is good enough for me to say that Tesla hit 50 North American Superchargers in 2013! :biggrin:

I assume that Murdo will make onto the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page map, list, and, count later today!

View attachment 39518

Murdo is the only one in this list (west of the Mississippi) on the Nav App map! I doubt that there is an MS in the neighborhood to go give it a try, but the fact that Murdo has its own web page live, and is on the Nav App map in the car is good enough for me to say that Tesla hit 50 North American Superchargers in 2013! :biggrin:

I assume that Murdo will make onto the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page map, list, and, count later today!

View attachment 39518

The list refers to the the webpages that redirect to "Access Denied." Murdo can come off the "coming soon" (re: redirect) list.

Live Webpage:
Madison Supercharger | Tesla Motors
Murdo Supercharger | Tesla Motors

"Redirect: Access Denied"
St. Augustine, FL
Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Gallup, NM

Onalaska, WI

Grand Junction, CO