Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there have been 10 stalls for a long time, although I don't know if the original 4 stalls with 90kW charging were previously updated when the 6 new ones were installed. Just looking at the picture, it does look like something is going on here with the original stalls.

The 4 originals where not updated when the 6 new charger stations were added. From this picture it looks like 2 of the original 4 have been replaced with the new design but I haven't tried to plug into those units in a while so I don't know if they charge any faster than before.

Gilroy has 10 stalls. Two of the original four have been updated with new pedistals.

No fencing around the 'new' distribution cabinets/superchargers. Still looks raw and incomplete, but expandable.

I'll post photos on the Gilroy supercharger thread later next week, probably Thursday.

I'm in the process of building a web app to document (log) trips between superchargers, and keep track of not the expected energy use between sites (live evtripplanner does), but instead log actual usage under different conditions, speeds, weather, etc. It's mostly for my own curiosity, but if it works pretty well, I'll release it to the public. But for now, is there a publicly available list of Superchargers in a machine readable format (text, csv, excel, database, etc) that I can use to import into my system? I'd prefer not to screen scrape the TM site. All I need is the location name, and lat/long if possible.

thanks.

I'm in the process of building a web app to document (log) trips between superchargers, and keep track of not the expected energy use between sites (live evtripplanner does), but instead log actual usage under different conditions, speeds, weather, etc. It's mostly for my own curiosity, but if it works pretty well, I'll release it to the public. But for now, is there a publicly available list of Superchargers in a machine readable format (text, csv, excel, database, etc) that I can use to import into my system? I'd prefer not to screen scrape the TM site. All I need is the location name, and lat/long if possible.

thanks.

The Superchargers project is available on Github (kdwink/tesla_supercharger_map · GitHub). It has a section where all the data is available (http://supercharge.info/service/supercharge/allSites)

I'm in the process of building a web app to document (log) trips between superchargers, and keep track of not the expected energy use between sites (live evtripplanner does), but instead log actual usage under different conditions, speeds, weather, etc. It's mostly for my own curiosity, but if it works pretty well, I'll release it to the public.

I love the idea and I was thinking about something similar. It would be very useful to have actual data from driving between Superchargers. This would make planning much better. I'm going on a longer trip back and forth next month visiting 26 Superchargers, so I'll have data going both ways between those. Even if your web interface isn't ready yes I can write down my usage and weather conditions and speed and we can add it later.

Hank -
Great idea. With TMC Connect coming up and summer vacation travel, even something with a simple interface to grab data from our collective supercharger travels could jumpstart that data collection.

We'll be doing a big road trip from AZ to BC (with a stop at TMC Connect) starting in mid July. I'll be keeping a fairly simple charging log (in addition to letting Visible Tesla log the trip) to compare the actuals to EV Trip Planner's estimates.

Just curious, do you plan to include Supercharger to Destination charging jumps in your log site?

Hank -
Great idea. With TMC Connect coming up and summer vacation travel, even something with a simple interface to grab data from our collective supercharger travels could jumpstart that data collection.

We'll be doing a big road trip from AZ to BC (with a stop at TMC Connect) starting in mid July. I'll be keeping a fairly simple charging log (in addition to letting Visible Tesla log the trip) to compare the actuals to EV Trip Planner's estimates.

Just curious, do you plan to include Supercharger to Destination charging jumps in your log site?

Glad you guys like the idea -- motivates me to put more time into it.

I started with a spreadsheet this past weekend when I did a SC trip from CT to Dayton, OH and back.

For each stop, I collect:

• Arrival Time
  • Departure Time
  • Arrival Rated miles
  • Departure Rated Miles
  • Energy used
  • Distance
From that I calculate:

• wh/m (should match the dash reading)
  • Travel time
  • Average Speed
  • Rated Miles charged (added)
  • Time Charging
  • Miles/Hour charging
  • Rated miles used (from previous stop)
  • Rated to Actual miles ratio

Since I couldn't do this while driving, I just took a picture of the dashboard immediately upon arrival, and again upon departure for each stop, and the at the end of the day, compiled it all into a spreadsheet. One pic of the dash (with the "trips" panel) includes all the info needed for each stop, including time and temperature.

My overall objective is to say for future trips, if I arrive at SC X with Y rated miles, and I want to go to SC Z, what's the minimum or average time I'll need to stop for?

Will make planning trips (and SC stop times) much easier. For my own trip, I scheduled a 60 minute stop at each SC, but in reality, each stop varied between 15 and 45 minutes. I also plan to include a "trip stop time" to include non-SC stops along the way, so if you stop, that time is excluded from the calculations.

And I plan to have it all accessible from the touchscreen (very simple interface). But right now, I'm just sitting down to build it from scratch. So give me a couple of weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I'm going to organize it into "Trips". Each trip will have a "Start" and "End". Each start would record only departure time and rated miles. Each end would record only Arrival time, rated miles, energy, and distance. These would likely be destinations or overnights, etc.

Sounds great. I used a spreadsheet to collect or calculate exactly the same stats on my 2 road trips so far. Also used the snap picture technique.

The only other info worth collecting would be a user profile -- which Model S variant (60/85/P85/P85+) and which wheel/tire combo is on the car (19/21 and sport (the Contis on the 21s) / all season (stock Goodyear RSA2) / low rolling resistance (Michelin Primacy).

The only other info worth collecting would be a user profile -- which Model S variant (60/85/P85/P85+) and which wheel/tire combo is on the car (19/21 and sport (the Contis on the 21s) / all season (stock Goodyear RSA2) / low rolling resistance (Michelin Primacy).

Yeah, I'll eventually add features like that, but I just want to get the basic data collection working. Here's some sample output from the web app. Not shown is a "Stopped Time" variable, that means if you stopped along the route, that time is deducted from the calculations. The first six data columns are inputs, the rest are outputs.

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,156
I'll be keeping a fairly simple charging log (in addition to letting Visible Tesla log the trip) to compare the actuals to EV Trip Planner's estimates.

Slightly OT here, but I'm fairly new to VisibleTesla.

It only logs trip data while it's running, correct?

So how would you ensure it logs your roadtrip? Start it on your home computer before leaving?

What about if the computer crashes or goes to sleep? Would there be anyway to verify it's actually doing so before you get home to discover it wasn't for some reason?

Mayhem -
yes, VT only logs when it's running.

i keep it going on a Mac at home. I have sleep disabled. I haven't had it crash on me yet...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'll eventually add features like that, but I just want to get the basic data collection working. Here's some sample output from the web app. Not shown is a "Stopped Time" variable, that means if you stopped along the route, that time is deducted from the calculations. The first six data columns are inputs, the rest are outputs.

Looks great!

@HankLloydRight, I'm likely stating the obvious here, but be sure your spreadsheet accounts for changes in time zones between Super chargers. And time of year also matters, since we here in Arizona don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Your Travel Time needs to account for that weirdness.

@HankLloydRight, I'm likely stating the obvious here, but be sure your spreadsheet accounts for changes in time zones between Super chargers. And time of year also matters, since we here in Arizona don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Your Travel Time needs to account for that weirdness.

yeah, I realized that earlier today. Luckily I also have a database of time zones by zip code, so I can join that to the SC database to get the proper time zone.

Season matters, too, because of temperatures. I would definitely add the starting and ending temps to your database (which, fortunately, are already in your raw data stream from the car).

OK, I've got version 0.2 of my SC Trip Logging web app ready for pre-alpha testing. :)

If you like testing alpha software that's really rough around the edges, AND you are planning some Supercharger-to-Supercharger trips soon, please PM me for access. There's also very little in the way of directions/documentation, so you'll have to figure it out as you go. But that's part of the fun. And yes, it accounts for changes in time zone (except AZ, that might still be a problem 1/2 the year), non-charging stops between superchargers (one non-charging stop allowed between each SC stop), as well as tracking charging and non-charging time at each SC stop (say you charge for 30 minutes, but then don't charge for 45, it takes that into account). A "Trip" for now is really defined around one day of travel. For each trip, it records model (S60,P80,P+, etc), wheel size, tires, payload, temperature (arrival and departure), as well as 4 levels each of rain and snow. At this point, the app is ONLY collecting data, I haven't written any code to query the database, but that's next once I get some good data collected.

I am leaving on a SC Highway trip soon, and I'll be testing it enroute myself. Therefore, I might not be able to respond right away to problems/questions until next week.

Any takers? PM me.

I might be able to help

OK, I've got version 0.2 of my SC Trip Logging web app ready for pre-alpha testing. :)

If you like testing alpha software that's really rough around the edges, AND you are planning some Supercharger-to-Supercharger trips soon, please PM me for access. There's also very little in the way of directions/documentation, so you'll have to figure it out as you go. But that's part of the fun. And yes, it accounts for changes in time zone (except AZ, that might still be a problem 1/2 the year), non-charging stops between superchargers (one non-charging stop allowed between each SC stop), as well as tracking charging and non-charging time at each SC stop (say you charge for 30 minutes, but then don't charge for 45, it takes that into account). A "Trip" for now is really defined around one day of travel. For each trip, it records model (S60,P80,P+, etc), wheel size, tires, payload, temperature (arrival and departure), as well as 4 levels each of rain and snow. At this point, the app is ONLY collecting data, I haven't written any code to query the database, but that's next once I get some good data collected.

I am leaving on a SC Highway trip soon, and I'll be testing it enroute myself. Therefore, I might not be able to respond right away to problems/questions until next week.

Any takers? PM me.
Hank my name is john Gibson I am currently on a cross country trip from California to Michigan. Email me at [email protected] and let's see if I can help you.