Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rescuing Texas would appear to require a three-deep solution from any direction. If Limon existed then maybe just two more to complete Amarillo/Denver, but then Amarillo is an outpost anyway. Seems TM should just arbitrarily march across I-10 with SCs every 160 miles from CA to FL and say: "This is what you're getting - deal with it!"
--

Yeah. Again, I think the Texas holes will be filled in 2016.

Aside from the Floridians' pilgrimage to Teslive, I wonder how often the I-10 Superchargers will be used. I may use them as far as Van Horn, as that's a plausible gateway to Carlsbad Caverns, but IMO 10 is among the least scenic of the cross-country Interstates. I'd only choose it if I was ferrying a car somewhere.

It will be interesting to see how busy the upcoming Supercharger connecting DFW and Oklahoma City is. My guess is at least as busy as the Corsicana and Huntsville Superchargers and a good indicator of the economic and cultural ties North Texas has with Oklahoma and Arkansas.

For the I-86 corridor (E-W) Erie/Dunkirk would also serve (N-S) ONT and Binghamton would serve (N-S) Watertown NY, ONT and Allentown. So the corridor is actually serving a grid pattern. Extra points.

--

This fact alone is what makes me confident that we will see an SpC at Erie, Hornell, Binghamton, Carlisle, State College and Grove City, given enough time. The intersection points are absolutely critical, as the rest of the rollout demonstrates. Really hoping to see I-86 coverage by next Summer, despite lack of dots promising this route.

I wish that Erie charger were in place. We will be stopping at Evangola for a few hours on our way from Pittsburg to Rochester, NY.
While the 3 or 4 hours at the camp have the potential to be pleasant the trip would be a lot less frought with uncertainty with a SC in place.
BTW the trip up from Sarasota was great other than a couple blinding rainstorms. Met some other Tesla owners at SCs. Lots of great discussion. Came in on the PA turnpike and got to appreciate the fantastic road hugging this car has! ( not to many curvy roads in Florida :) )

jrreno, glad to hear you had a nice trip up. FYI, when I finally did get a reply (mentioned above) regarding these sites, the Tesla individual did say that if we had any candidates that have shown interest, we should definitely pass them along. He also said that one of the biggest ways we can help is to be active in the local permitting and zoning processes, to help increase awareness and speed that process along

jrreno, glad to hear you had a nice trip up. FYI, when I finally did get a reply (mentioned above) regarding these sites, the Tesla individual did say that if we had any candidates that have shown interest, we should definitely pass them along. He also said that one of the biggest ways we can help is to be active in the local permitting and zoning processes, to help increase awareness and speed that process along

So to test my understanding, if we locate a site that seems to meet the criteria and then make an inquiry to the owner as to whether they would have an interest we can pass that along to the Tesla SC team and that will be taken positively?
On the "active in zoning and permitting phase" my opinion would be a personal appearance would be the most effective. Having sat on both zoning and planning boards the interactive discussion carrys more weight than a letter written to the board. I would think local boards would be receptive due to the enhancement to local business and subsequent tax revenues. On the other hand some board members might be invested in oil based businesses ( gas stations, car dealerships) that would take a dim view. A lot depends on the makeup of the local board. They typically cannot stop the installation but they sure can slow it down.

Texarkana would be a great place for a supercharger, currently missing from the plan. It looks a little hard to get across Arkansas, say from Texas to Tennessee.

Yup! 100% agree.

I email them about every 45 days to remind them.

Can't go east from DFW without one. Must go north or down through Huntsville to hit I10.

I suggest everyone who has a inkling email them ... [email protected] ... and let them know this would be a nice spot for one.

Aside from the Floridians' pilgrimage to Teslive, I wonder how often the I-10 Superchargers will be used. I may use them as far as Van Horn, as that's a plausible gateway to Carlsbad Caverns, but IMO 10 is among the least scenic of the cross-country Interstates. I'd only choose it if I was ferrying a car somewhere.

Not sure if you already consider this ferrying, but plenty of Florida people get out of here for the "brutal" summer (doesn't bother me). It would suck to spend a whole summer without the car.

See Crossing the Montana Supercharger Desert; Any Generous HPC/HPWC owners along I-90? - Page 4 for some speculation on upcoming I-90 Superchargers.

Montana Superchargers - Google Maps visual on speculation:
I-90 Superchargers.jpg

That should put us at about 130 by the year end instead of the predicted 200.

At some US Supercharger locations it seems as if some "dark forces" are at work and causing an unneccessary delay of several months. Otherwise more US Supercharger stations would have gone live already.

To reach a total of 200 by years end, we need to see almost 20 Supercharger stations going live every month starting in August already.

By the way, how come that the total for years end is 200?

At some US Supercharger locations it seems as if some "dark forces" are at work and causing an unneccessary delay of several months. Otherwise more US Supercharger stations would have gone live already.

To reach a total of 200 by years end, we need to see almost 20 Supercharger stations going live every month starting in August already.

By the way, how come that the total for years end is 200?

Count the red dots on the 2014 Tesla North America map on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page. There are over 200 for the U.S. and Canada on that 2014 map.

As I've posted earlier, the new SC rate for North America in the last couple of months has dropped to about one every 2 weeks. This now seems to be picking up but not to the level that will get us to 200 by year's end.

And, the problems with relying on any Tesla SC map other than "now" is well known at this point so 200 is just a guess. It's a good guess but a guess nonetheless.