Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...snip...
Anyway, just label them with pairs of colors, and there's very little for people to get confused about and very easy to explain.
Still not userfriendly enough.
My idea:
* every stall has three indicator lights:
-> green: take this stall, you have full capacity
-> orange: take this stall if no green one is available, you are sharing capacity with some other stall
-> red: out of order or occupied

Still not userfriendly enough.
My idea:
* every stall has three indicator lights:
-> green: take this stall, you have full capacity
-> orange: take this stall if no green one is available, you are sharing capacity with some other stall
-> red: out of order or occupied

Sure, in theory -- But that requires a hardware upgrade for each and every stall, which Tesla would have to do for new stalls, and retrofit all the old ones.

My idea requires no hardware changes and just stickers. It does require a little thinking to know what that means, but I don't think we're going to get TM to modify the stalls with status indicator lights anytime soon.

Sure, in theory -- But that requires a hardware upgrade for each and every stall, which Tesla would have to do for new stalls, and retrofit all the old ones.

My idea requires no hardware changes and just stickers. It does require a little thinking to know what that means, but I don't think we're going to get TM to modify the stalls with status indicator lights anytime soon.

It would be easier for them to program a screen on the car with the indicator lights. No stickers or SC hardware required.

It would be easier for them to program a screen on the car with the indicator lights. No stickers or SC hardware required.

um, I don't think that programming the SC locations so send that information, in real time, to the TM servers, and then transmit that information to every car at a supercharger, again in real time, to update the screen to indicate which charger to use. Even though they may be collecting that information now at HQ, they'd have to write an in-car app to display it, and update it in real time. More software, testing, deployment, real-time updates, etc.

OR, buy some stickers and attach one to each stall.

Hmm.. which is easier?

um, I don't think that programming the SC locations so send that information, in real time, to the TM servers, and then transmit that information to every car at a supercharger, again in real time, to update the screen to indicate which charger to use. Even though they may be collecting that information now at HQ, they'd have to write an in-car app to display it, and update it in real time. More software, testing, deployment, real-time updates, etc.

Hmm.. which is easier?

Sure, the stickers are easier, but it's less elegant and not a huge improvement over the current system, and if you're familiar with the current system, then it's really not an improvement at all. The stickers wouldn't tell you which spot is best if, say, you go to a SC with 5 of 8 spots in use, with each of the pairings having at least one car on them. Which spot has the most power available for you currently? I'd like to see them make a bigger and better improvement than just color coordination.

Sure, the stickers are easier, but it's less elegant and not a huge improvement over the current system, and if you're familiar with the current system, then it's really not an improvement at all. The stickers wouldn't tell you which spot is best if, say, you go to a SC with 5 of 8 spots in use, with each of the pairings having at least one car on them. Which spot has the most power available for you currently? I'd like to see them make a bigger and better improvement than just color coordination.

All we need to know is which stall we should choose to get the most electricity the fastest, in order to spend the least time charging at any stall at a Supercharger station.

Stickers is a practical idea, which can be imlemented easily and cheaply. But I would like it a lot, if it could be made possible that I could see on the 17" screen which stall would be the best choise. Let the car do the thinking. Now, that would really be a big improvement. Think about it. The car knows at which Supercharger location you are at a certain moment in time. This should not be considered as impossible, I think.

Hmm.. which is easier?

Stickers require someone to go to each stall and place them. That's not a minimal expense and as Gear says it doesn't really do that much to improve the situation. It's also not a very elegant solution. Having the information display on the screen would be a real "Oh, Wow!" experience.

Stickers require someone to go to each stall and place them. That's not a minimal expense and as Gear says it doesn't really do that much to improve the situation. It's also not a very elegant solution. Having the information display on the screen would be a real "Oh, Wow!" experience.

That is true. And "Oh, Wow!" suits Tesla well already. And it's very likely that you will often find the both of them in he same sentence.

Tesla has created a terrific new interactive map of both superchargers and HPWC's across the United States. Excellent of them to put the HPWC's on the map and incorporating them into the overall charging network for all to see.

Find Us | Tesla Motors

Thanks for sharing. I stumbled upon it yesterday but unfortunately didn't think too much about it or to share it. I am curious about the HPWC locations. Are these just public HPWCs? Do more stores have them than are listed on the map?

Thanks for sharing. I stumbled upon it yesterday but unfortunately didn't think too much about it or to share it. I am curious about the HPWC locations. Are these just public HPWCs? Do more stores have them than are listed on the map?

These are HPWCs installed by hotels, etc. as part of Tesla's destination charging program. Most are for hotel guests only, but the specifics are listed for each site.

These are HPWCs installed by hotels, etc. as part of Tesla's destination charging program. Most are for hotel guests only, but the specifics are listed for each site.

Is this the first "public record" of them or were they listed on the website prior to this. I don't own a Model S, but these are not including within the nav too are they? I thought this program was a bit bigger than the results that I saw on the map.