Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Superchargers Springfield Illinois

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iggy is obviously being careful about not earning a TMC infraction (and I'll stay out of it by not linking to his video), but if one were to google <tesla supercharger springfield illinois iggy> one would find his Springfield supercharger post and video.
TMC infraction? For doing what? Sharing information? What is with the politics on this web site? Is there a web site where one does not have to be afraid of free speech, censorship???

I have a spot for the supercharger to be installed in Paducah. My parents own a restaurant that is right off exit 3 (first exit coming from IL) and has a large parking lot. The restaurant is empty now and they are opening up in a few months. Figured it would be a good spot for it. I sent an email through the website but have not heard anything back from them.

I've been working with the Paducah mayor and one of the city commissioners to connect to Tesla. They now have a few locations in Paducah that have been suggested and are analyzing the sites. It would not hurt for those interested to drop a note to Tesla and suggest it's a very important charger for a midwest-to-Florida route. When I wrote them, they responded that without Paducah, they've "enabled regional travel" and did not seem to think it was important. I replied that it was a critical route to Florida for anyone west of Indiana and north of I-40.

It would not hurt for those interested to drop a note to Tesla and suggest it's a very important charger for a midwest-to-Florida route. When I wrote them, they responded that without Paducah, they've "enabled regional travel" and did not seem to think it was important. I replied that it was a critical route to Florida for anyone west of Indiana and north of I-40.

I've already written to TM a few times about this same route. All I got was acknowledgement without comment. Based on one of Cottonwood's posts in another thread, it seems that for the moment, TM's idea of a midwest to FL route involves only I-65/75 all the way to Chattanooga. Maybe IL, MO, WI and MN are no longer in the midwest :crying:. In all fairness, though, it seems that some spots along I-57 (Mt. Vernon, Effingham) are being considered so there is still hope for Paducah.

Last edited:
I've been working with the Paducah mayor and one of the city commissioners to connect to Tesla. They now have a few locations in Paducah that have been suggested and are analyzing the sites. It would not hurt for those interested to drop a note to Tesla and suggest it's a very important charger for a midwest-to-Florida route. When I wrote them, they responded that without Paducah, they've "enabled regional travel" and did not seem to think it was important. I replied that it was a critical route to Florida for anyone west of Indiana and north of I-40.

And is more direct for places like Nashville/Memphis from the north. Rather then trying to get through no-charger Louisville.

Even if the owners of the restaurant mentioned earlier in the thread wanted to install a couple of 80amp HPWC's that would be really helpful.

I'll e-mail Tesla as well.

Thanks all.

-m

And is more direct for places like Nashville/Memphis from the north. Rather then trying to get through no-charger Louisville.

Even if the owners of the restaurant mentioned earlier in the thread wanted to install a couple of 80amp HPWC's that would be really helpful.

I'll e-mail Tesla as well.

Thanks all.

-m
How do you figure? I live on the north side of Chicago and have a good friend that lives in the Nashville area so I've been looking at this pretty closely. By my calculations even if there was a SC in Paducah, KY you still have too big a gap to get there from Springfield, and the total trip for me would be about 80-100 miles longer than the Lafayette, IN-Indianapolis, IN route (565mi vs. 647mi for me). and there are a bunch of charging options in Louisville, specifically plugshare has the 21c Museum Hotel with a HPWC right downtown that I will probably use for the trip I'm planing in the spring unless they put a SC in Louisville or Bowling Green between now and then. I'll grant you for people further south and closer to or in St. Louis it makes perfect sense. More SC are better so I hope it does get one eventually. plus I see your in MN so it might open up some options if you don't want to use the WI network.

How do you figure? I live on the north side of Chicago and have a good friend that lives in the Nashville area so I've been looking at this pretty closely. By my calculations even if there was a SC in Paducah, KY you still have too big a gap to get there from Springfield, and the total trip for me would be about 80-100 miles longer than the Lafayette, IN-Indianapolis, IN route (565mi vs. 647mi for me). and there are a bunch of charging options in Louisville, specifically plugshare has the 21c Museum Hotel with a HPWC right downtown that I will probably use for the trip I'm planing in the spring unless they put a SC in Louisville or Bowling Green between now and then. I'll grant you for people further south and closer to or in St. Louis it makes perfect sense. More SC are better so I hope it does get one eventually. plus I see your in MN so it might open up some options if you don't want to use the WI network.

Until they updated it, the Tesla page showed a bubble for 2014-2015 on Mt. Vernon, IL, and there are plans for Effingham. So you could avoid the southwest direction via I-55 and use I-57 from Chicago down to I-24 through Paducah and over to Nashville. It still shows Mt. Vernon, but a bit later now (next year). The route would have been Chicago - Effingham - Mt Vernon - Paducah - Nashville - Chattanooga - ...

The alternative is via Indianapolis, of course, but it's quite a bit longer for anyone west of I-57.