TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Superchargers Springfield Illinois

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Iggy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Defuniak Springs Florida is also live on the Tesla Find Us page.

2. derowland

derowland Member

I just saw a notice that the Springfield site is now open.

3. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

I drove by "2021 Zumbehl Road, St. Charles, MO" this evening. No sign of construction there yet.

4. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

Exit 3. Exit 4 is the mall. Exit 3 is the one before IL. It's got a couple of hotels and 1 truck stop /gas and one gas station. Has a waffle house and a couple small restaurants.

5. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

A few of us from the St Louis area are using this new Supercharger as an excuse to get together for lunch next Saturday (1/17). Anybody care to join us?

Springfield IL Supercharger Lunch

6. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

We are actually heading to WI with the family. Thanks for the invite. Another time maybe!

7. GreenT

GreenT Member

TMC infraction? For doing what? Sharing information? What is with the politics on this web site? Is there a web site where one does not have to be afraid of free speech, censorship???

8. The Brown

The Brown New Member

have not S-58 yet hope tomorrow st louis center brown one

9. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

What better way to break it in than a trip to a brand new Supercharger!?

Whether we see you on Saturday or not, congrats on your new S!

10. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I've been working with the Paducah mayor and one of the city commissioners to connect to Tesla. They now have a few locations in Paducah that have been suggested and are analyzing the sites. It would not hurt for those interested to drop a note to Tesla and suggest it's a very important charger for a midwest-to-Florida route. When I wrote them, they responded that without Paducah, they've "enabled regional travel" and did not seem to think it was important. I replied that it was a critical route to Florida for anyone west of Indiana and north of I-40.

11. caddieo

caddieo Member

#31 caddieo, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    I've already written to TM a few times about this same route. All I got was acknowledgement without comment. Based on one of Cottonwood's posts in another thread, it seems that for the moment, TM's idea of a midwest to FL route involves only I-65/75 all the way to Chattanooga. Maybe IL, MO, WI and MN are no longer in the midwest :crying:. In all fairness, though, it seems that some spots along I-57 (Mt. Vernon, Effingham) are being considered so there is still hope for Paducah.

12. invisik

invisik Supporting Member

And is more direct for places like Nashville/Memphis from the north. Rather then trying to get through no-charger Louisville.

Even if the owners of the restaurant mentioned earlier in the thread wanted to install a couple of 80amp HPWC's that would be really helpful.

I'll e-mail Tesla as well.

Thanks all.

-m

13. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

How do you figure? I live on the north side of Chicago and have a good friend that lives in the Nashville area so I've been looking at this pretty closely. By my calculations even if there was a SC in Paducah, KY you still have too big a gap to get there from Springfield, and the total trip for me would be about 80-100 miles longer than the Lafayette, IN-Indianapolis, IN route (565mi vs. 647mi for me). and there are a bunch of charging options in Louisville, specifically plugshare has the 21c Museum Hotel with a HPWC right downtown that I will probably use for the trip I'm planing in the spring unless they put a SC in Louisville or Bowling Green between now and then. I'll grant you for people further south and closer to or in St. Louis it makes perfect sense. More SC are better so I hope it does get one eventually. plus I see your in MN so it might open up some options if you don't want to use the WI network.

14. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Until they updated it, the Tesla page showed a bubble for 2014-2015 on Mt. Vernon, IL, and there are plans for Effingham. So you could avoid the southwest direction via I-55 and use I-57 from Chicago down to I-24 through Paducah and over to Nashville. It still shows Mt. Vernon, but a bit later now (next year). The route would have been Chicago - Effingham - Mt Vernon - Paducah - Nashville - Chattanooga - ...

The alternative is via Indianapolis, of course, but it's quite a bit longer for anyone west of I-57.

15. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Yeah, Missouri and Iowa have pretty much gotten the shaft up till now. Looking forward to having more options as this year goes on and the network starts fleshing out a bit.

16. caddieo

caddieo Member

Plus you have to deal with heavier and slower traffic going through or around Indy and Louisville (assuming it will have a SC). The I-57/24 route is wide open and almost entirely rural with 70 mph limits all the way.

17. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

When they get Effingham up then you can get to Nashville via Paducah. My parents are still there and we visit but will wait until effingham is built before we go down. I can use my dads 50 amp in the shop to charge until Paducah has a supercharger.

18. Nicoletta

Nicoletta Member

We still need something between Country Club Hills and Effingham, possibly in Champaign.

19. Fezzik

Fezzik P100D, M3LR

It's 186 miles from Country Club Hills to Effingham. Would the S60 not make it there? I know the 85 probably could. But I agree that Champaign would be helpful. Esp people traveling from Indy to (Peoria, Springfield or Davenport/ Des Moines.)

20. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

Too far for comfortable winter driving, do-able yes, as long as temps are in the 20's and careful driving.