Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news. That's going to save me a lot of money! Everyone knows boats are holes in the water you throw money into. On top of that, mercenaries charge considerably more for attacks by sea so this mountain news is a good thing. I just added pre-orders for 400 Cybertrucks. Hopefully I won't need heavy-lift helicopters because I'm planning the worlds first major near-zero carbon land assault since horses and chariots. 400 Cybertrucks is probably excessive but it's hard to tell when @Krugerrand is bluffing. :D
You joke, but I still have images of ~1000 unmanned FSD, desert-camo, Minigun-equipped Cybertrucks pushing a Terminator-style assault. I wonder how many pre-orders the DoD has in?

Has this been posted yet?

The Only Electric Car Stock Worth Buying | The Motley Fool

Some gems:

"Yes, Tesla does more than make cars. And yes, there's a cult following and intense loyalty surrounding the brand. But ultimately, Tesla is much more an automaker than a tech company. It's valued like Google when it should be valued more like Ford."

and

"If you want to invest in electric cars but don't want to be exposed to what looks like a massive bubble, there's still a very good option available: General Motors"

Edit: And the ending "If you want to gamble, buy one of the bubble EV stocks that have gotten so much attention this year. If you want to invest, buy GM stock." I am dying.

I mean, what did you expect from the domain fool.com? It's just living up to its name.

Ok, I must have missed a meeting or two, but when did ‘we’ moved from owning islands to mountains???

A heartfelt thank you, to all the good folks at Tesla Motors and the TMC...

359CFA81-84A2-4362-83F4-C45B591C04D5.jpeg

Has this been posted yet?

The Only Electric Car Stock Worth Buying | The Motley Fool

Some gems:

"Yes, Tesla does more than make cars. And yes, there's a cult following and intense loyalty surrounding the brand. But ultimately, Tesla is much more an automaker than a tech company. It's valued like Google when it should be valued more like Ford."

and

"If you want to invest in electric cars but don't want to be exposed to what looks like a massive bubble, there's still a very good option available: General Motors"

Edit: And the ending "If you want to gamble, buy one of the bubble EV stocks that have gotten so much attention this year. If you want to invest, buy GM stock." I am dying.
Yeah that is a real gem of investigative journalism/S

Had a thought. Is there any precendent for the S&P to ask for opinions on when tranches should be added ?

Is this standard procedure to solicit opinions on when / how tranches should be added, or is this a new invention for TSLA ?

Part of me thinks that leaving the door open to a bit of uncertainty around this is beneficial for those that need to acquire shares, as there will be those that will sit out their acquisitions until a "more concrete" timeline is announced; thereby creating a less steep run up than would otherwise be.

Sure, if that's the reality but we don't know what the reality will be. That roboride might not wait for me. It will be programed to maximize profits.

This works both ways. You see that, right? We don’t know what the reality will be; good or bad. But notice your thought process was negative right from the get go. You looked for a way for it not to work for you. FYI, life is quite different if you flip that and go to a positive thought first. Or at least try and be neutral and make no thought and simply wait and see how it goes.

Had a thought. Is there any precendent for the S&P to ask for opinions on when tranches should be added ?

Is this standard procedure to solicit opinions on when / how tranches should be added, or is this a new invention for TSLA ?

Part of me thinks that leaving the door open to a bit of uncertainty around this is beneficial for those that need to acquire shares, as there will be those that will sit out their acquisitions until a "more concrete" timeline is announced; thereby creating a less steep run up than would otherwise be.

Never been done before as far as I know.

Yes! - they try to make people nervous. This article is to shake some weak hands. My guess is, they need us to dip 5-10% tomorrow.

I will re-enter short term calls if we get a dip. (sell naked puts, buy 12/18 $950 calls).
Otherwise, I will wait for S&P announcement 05:15 EST.

Speaking of Rob, he said in July that, according to multiple sources, even index funds have more flexibility in when they buy TSLA than commonly assumed. So their buying could be spread out also, even if the inclusion dates are not.

This too suggests a sharp pullback after inclusion is unlikely.

(0:46)

This also suggest that a very strong spike is unlikely as index funds would not buy if the price has a squeeze premium. Which would then lead to a long lasting slow (5% per day :) ) rise up to the point where there are finally enough sellers. I would say we end up in an area of 1200-1600.

Certainly. I would expect more negative news/FUD to follow this initial attack. It's becoming more clear to me that the extended period between announcement and inclusion and the different options for inclusion timeline were designed to provide uncertainty, volatility and trading volume through the inclusion process. These things would have a good chance of preventing an "infinity squeeze".

Ok. So if shares go to infinity (or beyond :p) I will sell one share. ;)

Good news. That's going to save me a lot of money! Everyone knows boats are holes in the water you throw money into. On top of that, mercenaries charge considerably more for attacks by sea so this mountain news is a good thing. I just added pre-orders for 400 Cybertrucks. Hopefully I won't need heavy-lift helicopters because I'm planning the worlds first major near-zero carbon land assault since horses and chariots. 400 Cybertrucks is probably excessive but it's hard to tell when @Krugerrand is bluffing. :D

I have a cat.
I eat meat.
I have lots of money thanks to TSLA.
I own a mountain - albeit not a famous one.
Nobody here is ever getting an invite.
Trespassers will be shot even if they show up in a CYBRTRCK. I’ll be using a big enough caliber.
I don’t bluff 99.99% of the time, so clearly there is room for a corner case now and again. But you shouldn’t bet on it.

Regarding the WSJ article about potential inclusion over 2 quarters, and there being a precedent with MSCI and china A shares, I am not sure we should give that too much weight.

My cursory research shows the weight went from 5% of index to 20% in 2019. Obviously, doing that in one shot would be too disruptive and makes sense to spread out. Tesla on the other hand will be about 2% of index.

This has the distinctive feel of shaking the tree to see what falls.

Source here:

Investing in China.