Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I buy some Tesla shares, I'm a shareholder of record just as the funds are.
This is different then when it was discussed at the last earnings call. While it's possible for an individual to be a shareholder of record, it's rather unusual and the individual must take steps to become one.

• Helpful
Reactions: capster and MP3Mike
Are you suggesting keeping the thread from public eyes, or just limiting who can actually post?

Keeping the thread from public eyes.

Edit: A thread only visible to members of TMC (and possibly only paid members) would be a fair compromise in google not picking up content, but anyone able to find the thread if they really looked for it.

Last edited:
It looks like you can also do MOC on the TD website but not LOC. Weird.
View attachment 618871

I only use Limit orders so I didn't look at Market at all. Customer service rep said neither could be done on the website or app but could on TOS. Maybe I just asked about limit orders - don't remember.

I placed a high LOC order in TOS and it showed up on the order status screen on the regular website. That was the limit (pun intended) of my testing.

I don't believe I'm a shareholder of record as my broker holds / nominee account. They in turn go through other companies when trading US stocks. The question then becomes, are any of these intermediaries able to naked short. Unlikely for my broker(s) - but possibly for US based/bigger ones.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I still don't think a naked short is prevented from selling to an index fund, they just have to supply the shares eventually. In any case, TSLA is easy and cheap to borrow so regular short-sellers can supply shares to funds (if they have any money left, lol).

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Liking Gary Black or not, dude's been nothing short of prophetic during this run. He called the secondary offering and 650-690 peak. Today he called a non-event day before the close. We still have 3.5 hours to go but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

About a month ago, wasn't he expecting a run to only $550-600?

Look at todays open interest chart. Over 4,000,000 share will be traded for those $600 strike Calls. There is no way they push it down that far. They started selling on Monday (altho 20K were already sold previously) but the SP did not dip below $600. Another chunk sold on the 16th. On the 17th they shot over 40K. There was NO major buying to hedge the shares. That means in MY two cents THEY are going to have to eat into their expected profits to cover these.

I doubt we break $700 but I am confident the $650 strike Calls will get paid out, another 2,100,000 shares. These could be rather profitable since the shares could have easily been purchased at or under $650. If we break that $700 I am guessing we eat into THEIR expected profits again.

That leaves the question I have.... WHOs dumping millions of shares today? THEY can't afford to since they will have to pay them out today. Is short interest going to be WAY up today? The front runners are not dumping yet. They are in for the closing cross. Retail simply does not have that many shares to dump. I am all in for the no manipulation thing but if that is true, who has these millions of shares they want to part with at a discount to the closing price? It is not retail, front runners, or option sellers.

lol.png

maybe he did in the beginning, but for as long as I can remember, he's been sticking to 650-690 for at least 3 weeks.
Yeah he never called infinite squeeze or crazy price actions that would make many call holders filthy rich. So on a prediction level, he is pretty much in the ball park. What are his thoughts for next week?

Looking at twitter, stock drops down to pre inclusion levels and bounced back a little. Seems like it never reached inclusion levels until a year later. So the support if Tesla drops like a rock is 460 as that acted as the most stubborn resistance prior to inclusion.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Sudre and gabeincal
Yeah he never called infinite squeeze or crazy price actions that would make many call holders filthy rich. So on a prediction level, he is pretty much in the ball park. What are his thoughts for next week?

Looking at twitter, stock drops down to pre inclusion levels and bounced back a little. Seems like it never reached inclusion levels until a year later. So the support if Tesla drops like a rock is 460 as that acted as the most stubborn resistance prior to inclusion.
He's calling for 10-20% drop, not necessarily all happening next week.

If we don't see a big run up then will we see a drop towards close as gamblers give up?
As good as that sounds, I think it could enter TSLAQ territory where it's an echo chamber of bullish investors despite my evaluation that a majority of folks here are rather level headed investors.
That wouldn't change who can join and comment, it would just require that we know who is watching.