Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No wonder Tesla doesn’t need to advertise. Everyone else is doing it for them. I just saw this on YouTube today:

View attachment 642442

Among the perhaps strongest position it is possible to acquire for a brand is when it is used to signify success: As a placeholder for a banner saying: "SUCCESS - MADE IT!"

Then, as an inferior brand, you can lean on that.

So yes, you are right.
And the reason is that I think Tesla has reached the 'SUCCESS'-placeholder status, previously reserved for very expensive male jewelry (watches), a few legacy sports cars which shall remain unnamed, since they are being out-accelerated by Tesla - and off course, the ultimate in jealousy-provoking accessories: The young, beautiful, sparkling, adoring companion.

The good thing is that above identification is only hinted and whispered - because Tesla does not advertise. That allows all sorts of people other than status-obsessed men to buy Tesla for a host of other reason, of which there are, as we all well know, plenty.

But make no mistake: Being also the choice of competitive and high-performing status-obsessed males makes a difference for a brand.

Hm...
The only reason I ignore the competition is that they are very ignorable.

When they get better at:
  • powertrain efficiencies
  • battery longevity and range
  • supercharging network witch is omnipresent, efficient and *fast*
  • software/hardware integration and over-the-air-update
  • autonomous driving and testing in the wild
  • battery production and cost reduction
  • high-volume EV production
... I will stop ignoring them.
Another reason to ignore them. Embarrassment of a touchscreen.

Among the perhaps strongest position it is possible to acquire for a brand is when it is used to signify success: As a placeholder for a banner saying: "SUCCESS - MADE IT!"

So yes, you are right.
And the reason is that I think Tesla has reached the 'SUCCESS'-placeholder status, previously reserved for very expensive male jewelry (watches), a few legacy sports cars which shall remain unnamed, since they are being out-accelerated by Tesla - and off course, the ultimate in jealousy-provoking accessories: The young, beautiful, sparkling, adoring companion.

The good thing is that above identification is only hinted and whispered - because Tesla does not advertise. That allows all sorts of people other than status-obsessed men to buy Tesla for a host of other reason, of which there are, as we all well know, plenty.

But make no mistake: Being also the choice of competitive and high-performing status-obsessed males makes a difference for a brand.

95% of surveys agree that 99% of successful men would rather drive a Tesla than shave their balls.

Lora K has an article on the new Tesla Engage social network.

I think this platform is going to move the dial a lot more than at first glance. Tesla is encouraging some political advocacy as well as charitable encouragement and making it easy for people by providing contact information and a list of suggested charities (in this case to help the people of Texas). It’s a real attempt to pull people together to make things better for all.

I sure hope the fact that we're stuck at 600 instead of rallying along with the macros is options related.....and that we'll rally hard on Monday.

But man, kinda scary to see the stock get pinned so easily on a 85-90 million volume trading day :eek:

They gotta be doing a buttload of naked shorting to pin it like this

Reactions: NooB_cat
VW doubles its intended BEV share to 70% in 2030 for Europe. 50% for NA and China.
VW aims for 70% EV sales in Europe by 2030 - electrive.com

I give them 2 years to communicate that it'll be close to 100% in all markets.

I am having some trouble interpreting that 70% figure. Here is the exact wording they used:
Volkswagen’s target is to increase the share of fully electric cars in sales in Europe is to rise to over 70 per cent by 2030.

Do they mean, that
  1. 70% of the cars that Volkswagen sells in Europe will be EVs
  2. 70% of all cars sold in Europe will be EVs (not VW specific)
  3. the market share of VW will be 70% of all EV sales in Europe
I have no problem if they mean #1 or #2, but have serious doubts for #3.

Forward Observing

I tossed myself on a grenade for my Tesla community this morning. I sold 1k shares to ensure I had enough to cover my taxes; not profit or . . . I have a knack at finding the bottom when selling.

The false bottom was Monday morning after the weekend where everyone sang Kumbaya to @Curt Renz after being mean to him. Positive energy Curt.

Since roughly 27Jan21, TSLA has been in a nose dive. While I did not read Curt’s input, I wish I had as it might have saved me from this morning.

If Curt’s Kumbaya Monday morning was the false bottom, then this is really the bottom. If this is the real false bottom, then I have found it and will buy back in on the next bottom.

Good luck to all:D

So yes, you are right.

I want to be a high-performing status-obsessed male when I grow up.

Lora K has an article on the new Tesla Engage social network.

I think this platform is going to move the dial a lot more than at first glance. Tesla is encouraging some political advocacy as well as charitable encouragement and making it easy for people by providing contact information and a list of suggested charities (in this case to help the people of Texas). It’s a real attempt to pull people together to make things better for all.
Lora K?? Sounds too positive. Must have had her account hijacked.

EIGHTY FIVE MILLION SHARES TRADED
and we still have 20 minutes till close.
Holy holes.
Volume has decreased throughout the day. I take this as a very good sign on the hope that the very heavy volume during the morning was a shakeout of retail investors (margin calls, weak longs getting scared out of their shares). With the lower afternoon volume, it looks like the MMs are going to try to finish it at $600. Next week should be very interesting.

Another reason to ignore them. Embarrassment of a touchscreen.

I know it's slightly cheaper but anyone buying an ID4 vs a Y if they can possibly afford the difference is just being stupid. That's the same type of garbage UI cars have had for a decade.

Could this lead to a robotics collaboration with Tesla apps to provide FSS (full self shaving) as something to do while the car drives you to your destination?
You think phantom breaking was bad? Just wait until the car shaves your nether regions. I'll let you guys beta test that one.

I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen, but we went down $85 this week and all I can think of is thank God it's Friday. If that's not Acceptance I don't know what is.
I'm calling a bottom right now. Volume is the highest since.... Inclusion day.
FTFY. Let’s be the gentlemen we’d like to be. ;)