Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, could it be how the game is played by the big boys, like pink sheets boiler rooms of old but now with hedge funds guys orchestrating the manip. Once enough momentum is reached, and that's where the secret sauce enters (there must be enough depth going), the SP continues to go up without more buying from some HF's, fueled by the frenzied retail novice FOMO buyers, and maybe some stray algos, until the same HF's decide to sell and reap their short term profits.
“Today is greedy bastard day”

Regardless of the nefarious forces in play, I think we're going to bust through this trendline we've been laboring under for the last month. The 700 level is sticky, but the market is starting to wake up.

1618238356548.png

The Mach-E might be the best selling EV this year guys. LOLOLOL
o the Mustang Mach-E could very well be the top-selling electric vehicle in America by later this year.

I will be shocked if it winds up even being #4, after 3, Y, Cybertruck, and maybe S. That doesn't even have anything to do with the quality or not of the MachE, it's just basic production ability. Not to mention Ford will definitely push a lot of what they do make to Europe for credits.

Last edited:
I’d guess the trim of the car he tested to be in the $175k-200k range, especially given a 107kWh battery. So it’s not going to be a high volume car.

Tesla could pursue this “ultra-luxury” market, but I think they’ve made the conscious decision that market share and high volume best achieves their mission. As a result they are focused on lowering cost and increasing production volumes.

Absolutely! Tesla knew the high-end market was the easiest to enter due to battery cost being a smaller portion of the overall cost and that others would step into that segment to fill demand as they left it for greener pastures.

I will not be offended as the mass exodus of those Tesla fans that only liked Tesla simply because Tesla was 'exclusive' continues to accelerate. They have served their purpose.

In fact, good riddance! The last thing Tesla needs is the type of rich person who feels entitled and has a 'better than thou attitude'! Especially now that we have Mercedes to help them electrify to reduce their huge carbon footprint, not for actual ecological reasons, but to pretend to cover up their actual waste. But they are only fooling themselves. I will say this, it does not bode well for the viability of Lucid, especially if Mercedes is able to hit their announced specs for this car.

I'm not advocating shaming any luxury that increases carbon, I'm simply saying, there is living the good life and then there is excessive waste. It comes down to first principles thinking. How much do you really need to live a fulfilling life? I'm glad someone is fulfilling this market niche and I'm even more glad it's not Tesla. Tesla knows that, from an economic standpoint, this is the easiest EV niche of them all to fulfill and yet it creates the least total profit with which to fund future initiatives.

o the Mustang Mach-E could very well be the top-selling electric vehicle in America by later this year.

I'll admit I'm surprised Ford delivered 6,614 Mach-E's in Q1 2021. That's more than I expected them to do out the gate.

Of course, is that 6,614 to customers? Or is that units delivered to dealers, and are some of those still sitting on lots waiting to be truely "sold"?

I'll admit I'm surprised Ford delivered 6,614 Mach-E's in Q1 2021. That's more than I expected them to do out the gate.

Of course, is that 6,614 to customers? Or is that units delivered to dealers, and are some of those still sitting on lots waiting to be truely "sold"?
Sold is always to dealers.

I will be shocked if it winds up even being #4, after 3, Y, Cybertruck, and maybe S. That doesn't even have anything to do with the quality or not of the MachE, it's just basic production ability. Not to mention Ford will definitely push a lot of what they do make to Europe for credits.

Ford has already told us they've only got batteries for 50,000 total production, and 60% of THOSE are going to Europe.

Meaning 20,000, total, for the US market in first year of production.

Tesla already has 2 models that have sold more in 2021 in the US, and will have at least 1-2 more.

Absolutely! Tesla knew the high-end market was the easiest to enter due to battery cost being a smaller portion of the overall cost and that others would step into that segment to fill demand as they left it for greener pastures.

I will not be offended as the mass exodus of those Tesla fans that only liked Tesla simply because Tesla was 'exclusive' continues to accelerate. They have served their purpose.

In fact, good riddance! The last thing Tesla needs is the type of rich person who feels entitled and has a 'better than thou attitude'! Especially now that we have Mercedes to help them electrify to reduce their huge carbon footprint, not for actual ecological reasons, but to pretend to cover up their actual waste. But they are only fooling themselves. I will say this, it does not bode well for the viability of Lucid, especially if Mercedes is able to hit their announced specs for this car.

I'm not advocating shaming any luxury that increases carbon, I'm simply saying, there is living the good life and then there is excessive waste. It comes down to first principles thinking. How much do you really need to live a fulfilling life? I'm glad someone is fulfilling this market niche and I'm even more glad it's not Tesla. Tesla knows that, from an economic standpoint, this is the easiest EV niche of them all to fulfill and yet it creates the least total profit with which to fund future initiatives.

Agreed, but I'm still allowed to aspire to own a Roadster or at least a Plaid+ right? ;) Tesla is almost entirely responsible for the EV movement so even if I start seeing comparable EVs on the road anytime in the near future (doubtful) my loyalty is very well secured. I assume most Tesla owners will fall into that category, but as you mentioned there are definitely those who just care about the new shiny.

Surprised the select version is already out. There's one for sale near me in FL. 44k for 230 miles of range and outright dangerous "Co-pilot 360". Can't handle simple curves. Also where are the freaken warnings if it can't handle it? This is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm very doubtful Tesla will be able to ramp the Cybertruck fast enough to produce more Cybertrucks in 2021 than Mach-e's. As someone with two Cybertruck reservations, I would love it if they did, but I think you are over-estimating the ability to ramp that fast on a totally new model, even Tesla. Or maybe you just think Ford has just about completed their Mach-e production for the year? That production will stop in April or May? That is the more likely way 2021 Cybertruck could be more numerous.

If Tesla did somehow manage to produce more Cybertrucks in 2021 than Ford produces Mach-e's, TSLA would probably be in the $2-$3K range by January.

I'm very doubtful Tesla will be able to ramp the Cybertruck fast enough to produce more Cybertrucks in 2021 than Mach-e's. As someone with two Cybertruck reservations, I would love it if they did, but I think you are over-estimating the ability to ramp that fast on a totally new model, even Tesla. Or maybe you just think Ford has just about completed their Mach-e production for the year? That production will stop in April or May? That is the more likely way 2021 Cybertruck could be more numerous.

If Tesla did somehow manage to produce more Cybertrucks in 2021 than Ford produces Mach-e's, TSLA would probably be in the $2-$3K range by January.
I don't think it's a lock for sure, but it is possible. If Ford only brings 20k or so to the table in 2021 then CT has a decent shot. I think refreshed S could easily hit more than that, perhaps by a wide margin.

Reactions: gene
Surprised the select version is already out. There's one for sale near me in FL. 44k for 230 miles of range and outright dangerous "Co-pilot 360". Can't handle simple curves. Also where are the freaken warnings if it can't handle it? This is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm sure there will be some Ford Mach-e owners disappointed with the performance of Co-pilot 360(tm). I mean, if Tesla is in absolute last place with autonomy, where does that put Ford?

At least Ford had the wisdom to not give it a misleadingly dangerous name like Tesla did with "Autopilot". Because, unlike "Autopilot", it's obvious you can't hand over the controls to a co-pilot with 360 degree vision! ;)

I don't think it's a lock for sure, but it is possible. If Ford only brings 20k or so to the table in 2021 then CT has a decent shot. I think refreshed S could easily hit more than that, perhaps by a wide margin.

I don't think CT has a shot for one reason: batteries. The Austin 4680 cell line has to ramp up for CT production, and I feel like the volume of 4680's produced out of Austin this year will be minimal, certainly not enough to produce 20,000+ Cybertrucks in 2021.

Next year all bets are off, but for 2021 I don't think we'll be seeing many CT's. Maybe a couple thousand at best?