Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the most painful week ever as a Tsla shareholder. Monday better be worth it (and I don't mean the SP, I mean hopefully we get some status update on solar roof, Dojo, FSD beta, 4680 cells, S/X refresh).
I see you've only been here since 2018? If you have had a bad week, feel lucky that you missed 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017!

Excellent post.

I really think that in this very serious disadvantage, things have progressed well overall lately. Eventually, we will hit the critical mass that is needed for that big burst.

We need to do our jobs as believers in Tesla. Fight all oil devils and spread the truth (I sound like a preacher).

Keep fighting. Most of posters here have put their money where their mouth is. We are a rare bunch. Look around, who do you know who poured ENTIRE retirments into TSLA? I know noone.
Things have changed. 5 years ago, I saw 1 Tesla a week. Now I see 10-20 a day. Elon's SpaceX flies to space like clock.
We have neuralink and boring co.
Dojo, Starlink, 2 Gigas, AP and new batteries will be fully utilized soon (if not already)

Have good weekend.

soon we will see tesla semis hauling cybertrucks for deliveries. When that happens, SP triple digits likely in sight. Likely q1/q2 next year?

Reactions: GOVA
Interesting email I just received. I got my solar roof price increased like everybody else but this definitely softens the blow.

1619226566836.png

Does align with their "no solar without powerwall" mandate but wasn't expecting this.

Chinese highway FUD debunked

Not sure I understand the debunked article. If the police stopped all cars, regardless of brand, why are only Tesla pulled over on the Electrek videos?

It's not the lack of a middle ground, it's the appearance of no middle ground because internet communications are used to take people's comments and twist them so they appear extreme. Capitals gains are already progressive. But if you oppose making them extremely progressive, you are now self centered and don't appreciate the existence of sidewalks and sewers.
I wasn’t referring to your position as the other side myself. You’re not one of those throwing up strawman arguments to make this a categorical issue. Tax rates are a thorny topic with changes having potentially major affects on peoples’ lives on this thread.

@Frank Einstein casts it as a for-or-against civilization question—a bit of sophistry really. Its obviously not so simple: Route 128 and Silicon Valley add a lot of value to those in their ecosystems and those can expect higher tax rates than perhaps elsewhere.

It is a matter of how much, for what, and by whom. These are hard questions. For example, how much should US taxpayers have to pay for the defense of allies that are free riders when it comes to the common defense and indeed spend precious little to defend their own little corner of civilization especially when their residents would sneer at us fretting over the cost?

Interesting email I just received. I got my solar roof price increased like everybody else but this definitely softens the blow.

View attachment 656534

Does align with their "no solar without powerwall" mandate but wasn't expecting this.
This would make more sense if they've redesigned the electrical connections to have the solar DC feed directly into the powerwall and then use its inverters to send AC to the house board. This would ditch the current inverter and result in some significant wiring and connection savings. Either way Tesla seem to see enough savings in their new approach to make this kind of offer feasible.

This would make more sense if they've redesigned the electrical connections to have the solar DC feed directly into the powerwall and then use its inverters to send AC to the house board. This would ditch the current inverter and result in some significant wiring and connection savings. Either way Tesla seem to see enough savings in their new approach to make this kind of offer feasible.
I think they have redesigned the system so that solar feeds DC straight into the powerwall.

I also suspect that their inverter might support off-grid installations.

So it is a combination of a simple standard install with lower costs and support for a possible future VPP.

The big losers are existing solar installations that want to add a powerwall, they may need to ditch their existing inverter.

From a warranty and support point of view the approach makes sense, it is all standard Tesla equipment installed at the same time, not a mix-and-match

I've been following the whole crapshow in TX and China, and I think one of the main thing that Tesla gets all the FUD is because people lack the basic understanding about EV. With Tesla being the synonym and the forefront of the industry, all that negativity is directed at Tesla, even though other EVs, or in the case of CR piece, all vehicles, are prone to problems when users aren't using it correctly.

As a TSLA shareholder, I think it's time for Elon to change the stance on no ads. I am not saying to go all out a la legacy carmakers to market their cars. Tesla cars are better than that. They don't need that. But EV sector as a whole needs that.

Tesla should make ads that EDUCATE consumers about EVs. A very simple thing like range anxiety... it's something we, Tesla or newer EV owners rarely encounter anymore because we charge at home and the car has enough range to cover most people's daily commute. Just do a funny short 15-30sec ad to target many of the misconceptions or worries of an ICE car owner about getting an EV, then end every ad with "Tesla".

By doing that, we can accelerate Tesla's mission, vastly speed up the transition from ICE cars to EV because the average consumer can understand better about it.

Ad was not feasible when TSLA had a 15B market cap and bleeding money. But with TSLA being a 700B juggernaut, it can afford to do that. Furthermore, I vote to spend every cent that Tesla makes on selling regulatory credit on EV/sustainable energy education ads. In 2020, TSLA made over 1 billion on those credits. Putting even just half that onto EV ads can make HUGE impacts on Tesla's business in the long run and probably make places like CNBC to be careful before writing FUDs because now TSLA will be an ad gorilla that spends almost 1B on ads every year. And with all that money coming from regulatory credits, it speaks volumes.