Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s exactly how I expected. Exactly what I want. Can’t get the website to finish my order!! :mad: I am now envisioning 32 $2500 credit card charges showing up tomorrow.
Yep, their order website is getting hammered. I tried to click through, just to see (love my 3 though I love the Y too), and had to make quite a few attempts.

Their going to sell millions of Y’s.

Yes! Great job Tesla!

why are the only "objective" opinions ones that agree with you? in my objective opinion, it's fantastic. my only disappointment is that it won't be available until fall of 2020.

PS what the heck is an "objective opinion"? aren't opinions inherently subjective?

Timeline safety buffer? Musk copped a lot of flak over the Model 3 six month delay. New improved ramps - soft and comfy. He can’t afford to age 5 years every year.

Good pickup on objective v subjective.

I also stand by my pre-reveal conjecture: those 6th & 7th seats are extremely unlikely to be appropriate for most NoAm adults. I'd say likely to be okay for junior high school age and below. To the extent that's correct, is it an appropriate CapEx investment to offer this option? Honest question; I've no good sense how that would pencil out.
Pheew, you're spoiled.
I used 2003 Porsche 911 as a family car for couple of years. Dropping kids off at school every day and all. Even had small adults in the back few times.
On a broader topic of appeal to masses, third row will make my wife buy this one, but she specifically wants smallish vehicle with 6 or 6+ seats. Probably quite a niche taste, but I know many woman that are scared of driving large vehicles, so it will add up.

A pre-emptive strike attempt by Morgan Stanley with a note about “what to watch for with the Model Y unveil”. In other words: he’s saying to his clients: don’t believe what you are going to see. This guy Adam Jonas is really pathetic.

Be prepared for a short term ‘pop’ that may not last, he writes probably no pop

1. Will it be beautiful and fast? Probably and yes, he thinks correct

2. When will it launch? Some investors heard end of 2019, MS of course believes very late 2020 or early 2021 with only slow ramp to start he’s right on the timing, the ramp remains to be seen

3. Could it cannibalize Model 3, S, X? He believes very likely, and also that the excitement from the unveil will put pressure on near term results not too much excitement, it went more like as expected

4. Will there be a teaser? (E.g. one more thing...) He thinks no correct

5. Will Elon update the market on Q1 deliveries? Not sure but he should, according to Adam Jonas, who adds that he’s seen a clear negative sentiment amongst the large community that is trying to figure out Q1 deliveries no update on deliveries

There you have it, MS believes we are all incompetent

Hmmm, I think MS Adam Jonas was not too far off afterall... let’s see, in red in the above, he guessed most of it right. Comes to show that this forum tends to be a little on the optimistic side (myself included).

This is H-U-G-E

A. Best looking CUV on the market

B. 3 rows !!!!! Do you all understand the major marketing advantage here?

C. the interior space is massive

D. the performance is easily easily best in class

e. For the same price

Let's take a look at the competitors
BMW X3: $41,000 to $54,650 STARTING MSRP. Two rows, 62.7 cubic feet, 6.0 to 4.6 0-60 times
Audi Q5: $43,945 to $52,400 starting MSRP, Two rows, 60.4 cubic feet, 5.8 to 5.1 0-60 times
Porsche Macan: $49,900 to $77,200 starting MSRP, Two rows, 52.9 cubic feet, 6.3 to 4.4 0-60 times
Lexus RX: $43,670 to $51,455 starting MSRP, Three rows, 56.3 cubic feet, 8.0 to 7.7 0-6 times
Cadillac XT5: ha ha ha ha, just kidding

vs.

Model Y: $42,700 to $55,700 starting MSRP, Three rows, 65 cubic feet, 5.5 to 3.5 0-60 times

there are many tears being shed in Germany tonight

I feel like the stock price is going to take a hit after this reveal. What time does the premarket open?

Depends if people think they will be able to pick up stock a year from now for sub $300. I rate their chances: unlikely. Chance of stock hitting $600 within 2 years: highly likely. It’s a quick doubler, for the quick.

Anybody get a grab of the completed GF3? I noticed design similarities to the tent. Truck access all along.

I was wondering this myself. Can anyone tell if it has a higher seated position than the 3? That SUV feel of looking over sedans?
The test ride videos explicitly mention that the prototypes had Model 3 seats mounted on risers. Looked like the risers were a good 3-4" high from what I could see in the videos. And that's part of how it being a 3-row will work - get the first two rows as upright as possible, and get as much of the second row's feet underneath the first row as you can (the higher the first row is, and the less recline it has, the better).