Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a quick search of ir.tesla.com and sec.gov, and there's been no filings that corresponded with that tweet. There's a form 8-K from Jun 7th, and a few Form 4's (for changes in insider stock trades) for Jun 8th, but nothing for the 14th. Did someone get fooled by TSLAQ?

Edit: Never mind. Form 144 is a filing for affiliates. So it wouldn't show up in a search. Interesting, I did find Drew's form 144 filing back in Mar 1, 2021 for 1500 shares. Still trying to find Jerome's

Edit 2: AND I FOUND IT! https://sec.report/Form/144-PAPER/23930
And typical TSLAQ behavior, on page 2, you'll see that it's an options exercise (aka he didn't sell any shares in that filing).

Edit 3: And for those interested, Jerome did sell shares from Mar to Jun for a total of ... 30,000 shares: https://sec.report/Form/144-PAPER/23533

I do believe it is a sale - it's just the method of acquisition was via stock option exercise. With that said, I believe he still retains a considerable amount of shares.

I do believe it is a sale - it's just the method of acquisition was via stock option exercise. With that said, I believe he still retains a considerable amount of shares.
From the way I read that he exercised some options and then immediately sold the stock he got from them. (Obviously he will need a lot of the proceeds to pay taxes on the options he exercised.)

I did a quick search of ir.tesla.com and sec.gov, and there's been no filings that corresponded with that tweet. There's a form 8-K from Jun 7th, and a few Form 4's (for changes in insider stock trades) for Jun 8th, but nothing for the 14th. Did someone get fooled by TSLAQ?

Edit: Never mind. Form 144 is a filing for affiliates. So it wouldn't show up in a search. Interesting, I did find Drew's form 144 filing back in Mar 1, 2021 for 1500 shares. Still trying to find Jerome's

Edit 2: AND I FOUND IT! https://sec.report/Form/144-PAPER/23930
And typical TSLAQ behavior, on page 2, you'll see that it's an options exercise (aka he didn't sell any shares in that filing).

Edit 3: And for those interested, Jerome did sell shares from Mar to Jun for a total of ... 30,000 shares: https://sec.report/Form/144-PAPER/23533
Yeah, he exercised an option and sold a chunk at about the same time as the position change to president of heavy truck.
Notably, that sale (like all high level executive transactions) was preplanned: "1. The transactions reported on this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted by the reporting person on October 26, 2020."

Yeah, he exercised an option and sold a chunk at about the same time as the position change to president of heavy truck.
Notably, that sale (like all high level executive transactions) was preplanned: "1. The transactions reported on this Form 4 were effected pursuant to a Rule 10b5-1 trading plan adopted by the reporting person on October 26, 2020."

It seems like Jerome has options that are expiring. And that he is funding each tranche with the proceeds from the prior:
  • 6/10: $55M
  • 6/14: $89M
  • 6/15: $129M
So we should expect the tranches to continue to increase until his options that are expiring soon have been exhausted.

The same thing will likely happen when it comes time for Elon to exercise all the options he has received. He will have to sell some of the stock to pay for the options and the associated taxes. (Which he has said is the only reason that he will sell.)

I believe the main reason why people have so many issues charging on all these chargers is that there are dozens of different EVs who try to connect to chargers from dozens of companies. And while there are technical specifications - in real life there is just too many combinations and interpretations of the specs. And this is a nightmare to debug.

Tesla owns both ends of our charging cables and have a much easier job making the car and the charger communicate.

If Tesla should allow others to use the Superchargers they could very well end up battling many of the same problems.
I used to be in favor of Tesla opening up the Superchargers, but now I’m not sure, especially with the comments from the German politician - basically, we want you to open up SCs to everyone because it will help the adoption of EVs.

Well, F that. Tesla built up an excellent quality charging network with help from no one because it was necessary and the right thing to do. WE (investors and car owners) paid for it. VW did it because they were forced to, and predictably EA sucks. Other EV wannabes want the government to do it.

VW, Ford and GM talk like they're leaders in EVs? OK, prove it. Invest in the charging infrastructure. That's what the actual leader did.

Where in a home a heat pump would be needed to move around:
- water heater
- refrigerator
- convection oven

optional:
- pool heater
- radiant floor heater

Don't get too caught up in conventional thinking.
Hot water tank. Ours cut our water heating to 1/5 and we got rid of our dehumidifier in the basement.

Agree, I think CT will have biodefense mode for multiple reasons. One being CT production is near, and Elon's talking about bio more. Why pump it up to not deliver it on a vehicle that clearly has armor all over it!

Initial, I bet it was debated for cost reasons, but the margins are likely more real now. I say it's on, and not even as an option - like who would buy that variant to complicate production further?
It might be included in "higher trims" only.

It seems like Jerome has options that are expiring. And that he is funding each tranche with the proceeds from the prior:
  • 6/10: $55M
  • 6/14: $89M
  • 6/15: $129M
So we should expect the tranches to continue to increase until his options that are expiring soon have been exhausted.

The same thing will likely happen when it comes time for Elon to exercise all the options he has received. He will have to sell some of the stock to pay for the options and the associated taxes. (Which he has said is the only reason that he will sell.)
Executives that leave a company typically have 90 days to exercise all their stock options or lose them. Presumably he doesn't have cash to exercise all those shares, so he's going to have to sell a lot just to fund the purchase (including tax costs).

It all depends of having good sources of heat, that they can move around, and a means of moving that heat...

Water pipes are a possible way of moving heat around....

@willow_hiller has some good suggestions.... about possible heat sources...

But overall that level of integration would be challenging and expensive.

They may be focused on the efficiency of the heat pump, lower energy use, less noise, better air filtration.

If Tesla make a HVAC it has to be significantly better than existing products... lower energy use is a good target.
It’s awesome how we’re trying to engineer the next gen HVAC system for Tesla in the “Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable” thread. Gotta love the internet!

The interpretation of Elon's tweets reminds me of people trying to find deeper meaning in the utterances of Chance the gardener in Being There. ie there may not be any deeper meaning
After the stock price is too high tweet ended up being code revealing the date of the stock split, I think it’s fair to consider any deeper meanings

If above is true does Tesla hit 2.5% US market share ?

Last year was ~1.8% share.

BTW 2020 USA market share was 2.2% for Daimler Group and 2.1% for BMW Group.