Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In NY and want a Plaid S? Get 'em before they're gone! In 3,2,1...

These are obviously orders that people couldn't end up taking delivery for whatever reason. These cars are likely in the process of getting reassigned to other existing orders but if you're super flexible on the configuration you're ok with, you might be able to beat them before they are reassigned.

These are obviously orders that people couldn't end up taking delivery for whatever reason. These cars are likely in the process of getting reassigned to other existing orders but if you're super flexible on the configuration you're ok with, you might be able to beat them before they are reassigned.
There are 12 in the LA area....

There are 12 in the LA area....

And? There's a total of 65 available across the entire US.

Lots of reason people can't take delivery, including not physically being able to take delivery.

Edit: Actually someone on twitter did offer theory that makes sense, but we would need a flyover of the Fremont factory to know for sure. His theory is that the parts for the Model S's that had been sitting on the lot (about 400-500 in total) came in and now they're being sent out. But because they were waiting on parts, they werern't "assigned" to any particular order because of the uncertainty.

Edit 2: Now not so sure. There's one in Hawaii. No way they would send a S to Hawaii unless it was for a specific order and the person cancelled.

Last edited:
Telsa's advertising strategy in action:
  • Step 1) Don't advertise.
  • Step 2) The media contacts you asking to write about your car.

Here's the review they wrote on my Plaid.

2022 Tesla Model S Plaid Review: A New 1,020-HP Chapter in American Luxury

Code:
Tesla's assisted-driving suite, Autopilot, worked on the highway when Jason drove, but strangely not when I did

A negative review with a few platitudes grudgingly thrown in. The whining about not able to enable Autopilot is where one can be see the bias very clearly. Autopilot is one thing I simply cannot believe how all the Tesla haters seems to have problem with.

Steep fall off right at open....profit taking or MM being MMers?

Definately MMs and hedgies jumping on the Open.

Today's FINRA report is out, which recorded the LOWEST volume of retail trading in my dataset (begins Jan 30, 2020).

Only 1.99 M shares of TSLA traded today via FINRA-reporting organizations (mostly Retail Brokers), which is 7.87% BELOW the previous record low FINRA volume (2.15 M shares).

As a wise man once said, "tail don't wag the dog".

Cheers!

It was a literal guy in a suit . Like a power point . Calm down. It’s like Bitcoin all over again . Why not do something like make a power plant that creates a entire states energy. Remember when Elon used to have a power point for providing the entire worlds energy. What happened to that? They have enough money now to buy Bitcoin why not build something that actually exists . Their cars are great and they are currently tangible . AI day was great . The dancing guy in a suit . No.
Welcome to the forum. /s

...They have enough money now to buy Bitcoin...
Not yet, but give it a few months.
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 6.56.55 PM.png

Reactions: new_sneakers
And? There's a total of 65 available across the entire US.

Lots of reason people can't take delivery, including not physically being able to take delivery.

Edit: Actually someone on twitter did offer theory that makes sense, but we would need a flyover of the Fremont factory to know for sure. His theory is that the parts for the Model S's that had been sitting on the lot (about 400-500 in total) came in and now they're being sent out. But because they were waiting on parts, they werern't "assigned" to any particular order because of the uncertainty.

Edit 2: Now not so sure. There's one in Hawaii. No way they would send a S to Hawaii unless it was for a specific order and the person cancelled.
The current inventory availability is tempting , but I am gonna wait for the Blk/Wht/CF with 19's and FSD S Plaid that we have on order.
Good to see the log jam is finally breaking up...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FireMedic
It was a literal guy in a suit . Like a power point . Calm down. It’s like Bitcoin all over again . Why not do something like make a power plant that creates a entire states energy. Remember when Elon used to have a power point for providing the entire worlds energy. What happened to that? They have enough money now to buy Bitcoin why not build something that actually exists . Their cars are great and they are currently tangible . AI day was great . The dancing guy in a suit . No.
Not another bird?

New federal EV tax credit is one step closer...

"The House of Representatives on Tuesday approved a budget framework that will pave the way for Democrats to spend up to $3.5 trillion on a sweeping economic package to expand the social safety net that President Joe Biden has made a signature agenda item.

The House vote came after painstaking negotiations between Democratic leaders and a group of moderates yielded a compromise that paved the way for passage."

Has the EV credit changed so that it actually applies to EVs?

I find your lack of faith disturbing. :cool:

The current inventory availability is tempting , but I am gonna wait for the Blk/Wht/CF with 19's and FSD S Plaid that we have on order.
Good to see the log jam is finally breaking up...

Do most of these inventory cars have 21" wheels? The only 2 Plaids in the NW (Portland) have 21" wheels. Maybe Tesla over-produced the 21's. I notice on the online configurator that the range goes from 396 miles with the 19's down to 348 miles with the 21's. That a loss of 48 miles of range just to look like a peacock! Plus they add $4,500 above the cost of the 19" wheels! What am I missing? Does the wheel upgrade get people better brakes or suspension? Otherwise that's a painful price to pay (especially the loss of over 10% of your range/efficiency).

As a shareholder I should probably be quiet about this because that's a hell of a nice boost to margins!