Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right about why he does it, but he can't do that as a CEO of a 50B public company.
This volatility may all seem fine and dandy to you, and it was fine me for a year or two, but I've been at this same price levels 4 years ago, waiting for inevitable success that never seem to arrive. And everything else is 3x to 7x. People to whom I recommended stock years agi are patient, but I don't want to call them bc. I'm afraid they're going to ask me what is going on with Tesla.
I don't need Musk to pump the stock, but he needs to stop hurting it.

Musk twits are not hurting TSLA - FUD is.

I can't think of any reason why someone like @Anton W exists, other than being a paid FUDster by some larger interest. I mean what would it take to motivate someone to write garbage articles non stop, that even he can't possibly believe to be true, citing bad statistics and making claims that are wrong over and over. In any sane world someone like this would cease because they are providing no value worth paying for. It seems to me that ol' Anton is getting paid to mill out these articles. Yes these platforms pay per article but that compensation is peanuts so I'm skeptical that's the primary motivator here.

We have Cramer on video talking about how in the hedge fund world, a basic tool (says he does not know how you could be in the business if you don't use it) is to create a false narrative and get into the media. Call up the WSJ & CNBC (even named one of the "reporters" there) and get your false narrative out there.

Cramer diversifies from hedge fund world and... founds a financial media outlet, Street.com, where he, and Wahlman among others, pump out falsehoods.

Business Insider where Linette Lopez (among others) pounded out Tesla false narratives... created by Henry Blodget, a guy kicked out of the securities industry for violations.

Cramer laid out his playing the game where SEC violating market actors (he even explicitly said the tactics are illegal... but the SEC doesn't understand them so you do it anyway) are on one side, and media on the other.

Again all of this can be seen in a YouTube video (posted here many, many times).

Shocking that it appears the likes of Blodget, Wahlman, and Cramer simply moved from one side of the arrangement to play this game to the other?

Hard to imagine CNBC doesn't know about this.

Not a good look for CNBC or Cramer if this became widely known to the public. If it were really known, I don't see CNBC keeping him on air. That video is about 10,000X as incriminating as anything Elon has done.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been away today and can't seem to find out what happened? Why is the board so negative? Did I miss some important news today after hours?

No. The board isn’t that negative imo, and there’s no after hours news.

In other news, saw this bad boy today!

8ABAC67E-0E76-4B28-BA0C-0AEE6F6A0537.jpeg

Sorry, I've been away today and can't seem to find out what happened? Why is the board so negative? Did I miss some important news today after hours?
It's pretty weird. For some reason there seems to be more concern about demand and the SEC today than there was previously.

Demand is not an issue, VIN registrations should allay that concern.

The downside on and SEC decision also seems to be minimal. I don't see how any judge could possibly think a punitive response to an aspirational tweet would be fair.

We have Cramer on video talking about how in the hedge fund world, a basic tool (says he does not know how you could be in the business if you don't use it) is to create a false narrative and get into the media. Call up the WSJ & CNBC (even named one of the "reporters" there) and get your false narrative out there.

Cramer diversifies from hedge fund world and... founds a financial media outlet, Street.com, where he, and Wahlman among others, pump out falsehoods.

Business Insider where Linette Lopez (among others) pounded out Tesla false narratives... created by Henry Blodget, a guy kicked out of the securities industry for violations.

Cramer laid out his playing the game where SEC violating market actors (he even explicitly said the tactics are illegal... but the SEC doesn't understand them so you do it anyway) are on one side, and media on the other.

Again all of this can be seen in a YouTube video (posted here many, many times).

Shocking that it appears the likes of Blodget, Wahlman, and Cramer simply moved from one side of the arrangement to play this game to the other?

Not a good look for CNBC or Cramer if this became widely known to the public. If it were really known, I don't see CNBC keeping him on air. That video is about 10,000X as incriminating as anything Elon has done.

Someone should send the sec this copy of Cramer’s video.

Last edited:
You are right about why he does it, but he can't do that as a CEO of a 50B public company.
This volatility may all seem fine and dandy to you, and it was fine me for a year or two, but I've been at this same price levels 4 years ago, waiting for inevitable success that never seem to arrive. And everything else is 3x to 7x. People to whom I recommended stock years ago are patient, but I don't want to call them bc. I'm afraid they're going to ask me what is going on with Tesla.
I don't need Musk to pump the stock, but he needs to stop hurting it.

I understand your pain. I stop recommending stock after I recommended AMD to everyone when it was 14 and then dropped to the 9s and stayed around 10-12 for a whole year. I too can't barely look them in the eye. But hey a year later the one who held out ended up with a 100% gain and I'm up 140k myself so...

TSLA is now my new obsession and I'm still down 20k after 8 months in.

We got a Safety Recall today from Mercedes for our Sprinter van. The drivers-side Takata air bag needs to be replaced......imagine that! Sure is BS that we had no idea what the recall was going to be on our Sprinter until we opened the envelope..........yet when Tesla took more immediate action many months ago to get the same problem fixed the FUD was everywhere about Recalls on Tesla vehicles and Tesla products are inferior, etc. What should be reported is that Mercedes has let us drive our 2015 Sprinter van around for probably a year longer than necessary while Tesla promptly jumped on the issue to provide the highest level of safety for its customers. So tired of the fake news, and even more tired of the German auto industry.

I deleveraged at $350, last time we hit it

Speaking of past, I was running even more than 200% TSLA at the time few years back, but I figured that too much is falling off the truck.

Even that 91% is probably around 85% now, without any trading, as TSLA keeps falling and most everything else I own going up.

And I have no conviction anymore in Tesla's execution (mostly EM's managing expectations and communication) to ever again get back to 100% TSLA. It's been 4 rough years, and it doesn't get better.

Though it's tempting to reconvert AMZN back into TSLA, I'd get some 43% more TSLA shares than I sold...

Don't. Your current allocation is better.

• Love
Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
This very heavy noticeable rampup in FUD over last weeks seems to be getting very desperate
I have the full copy of JMP's 14 March analyst report on TSLA, wherein they provide a $406 target.
Below is the summary; because of copyright protection I will not be showing the entire report but am happy to answer highly focused questions regarding their opinion. It's a good, meaty report at 11 pages.
View attachment 388688

Don’t see how they can project so little revenue growth between Q32019 -> Q22020, seeing as Shanghai will be pumping out 1000s a week by then.

Look like another addition to SEC distortion list ...
So, if there is a tslaqq class action to fight this fake news and fake analysis I’d be happy to count my shared in. I imagine some law firm would be interested in this with TMC’s collective shares. I’d guess there’s 10’s or 100’s of thousands of shares here.
If someone has a dm going to get people interested in some class action countersuits, counter me in please.

Is the board negative or did you happen upon some mutual troll backslapping?
I’ve never been more upbeat, following the SR and V3 supercharger announcements. Either one a game changer. Both together is a tsunami trigger.

Never mind the share price gloom. It always takes lay people longer than you expect to cotton on. The wave will come.

Ironically we’re suffering peak FUD, precisely because Tesla have won and affected industries are fighting for life.

The S/X delivery numbers are worrisome. Any theories?
  • Other issue could be people holding for potential refresh. I think last year Electrk or someone sent a fake (or denied by Elon) news on potential refresh this time around.

First, I'm not sure there's a big demand issue with the S/X. I looked closely at buying a new X this week, including an overnight test drive. Ultimately decided to wait for various reasons, but during the search it was clear that there is virtually no discounted inventory stock available. Tesla certainly isn't sitting on a bunch of units or we'd see more significant discounting.

The 3 is selling so well that I think any worries about the larger models is more than offset by the “Tesla Families” effect. People buy the 3 and just love it. A percentage of those people at some point find they need a bigger (possibly additional) car, but the thought of buying anything other than Tesla is anathema. The 3 thus feeds demand for S and X.

*Raises hand*. We have a 3. We're likely getting an X at some point. Just trying to figure out the the best point.

I ordered a P3D, I think the 3 is a great car. But I really wasn't that excited to order it. If the 4 year warranty on my S were not about to lapse I would not be purchasing now. I would have preferred an X or perhaps an S. But knowing that the charge rates are inferior and assuming that they will be forced to refresh at some point in the next 12 months I did not want to pay only to be sad when the refresh happens.

With that said, when they do refresh the X, I am likely to grab one for the wife.

We have a 3 and want an X. I looked at it closely this week but my wife and I ultimately decided that at $100k we can't justify it right now, when it's inferior to the 3 in some critical areas--charge rate and range, most notably. I strongly feel that Tesla's not going to let that situation linger all too long. We had hoped to find an inventory unit with a significant discount to justify jumping now, but there were none to be had in our config preference. Now we'll circle back in May or June when I believe at the least HW3 will be shipping, and maybe a pack improvement or a refresh. Who knows...

Fremont trip update: during today's drives, the 3 actively repositioned the car in the lane twice to avoid a pothole and a piece of junk in the road. I do not recall AP doing that before.

Also, we averaged 56 mph for the day *including* charging/meal stops. Try that in any other EV.

Better yet, tweet it to Elon so he can retweet it.

That would be the way to go - Allowing the man to speak for himself in his own words.

I knew he was basically a crook who used his show combined with Thestreet.com aka "thescum.com" as it was known (and associated outlets) for years to pull this crap, but I'd never seen the video where he brazenly brags about it. Absolute piece of garbage, this guy - and proud of it.

Every criminal thinks they are a genius and eventually they have to tell the world about it. Hopefully this video will come back to haunt him some day.

Is the board negative or did you happen upon some mutual troll backslapping?
I’ve never been more upbeat, following the SR and V3 supercharger announcements. Either one a game changer. Both together is a tsunami trigger.

Never mind the share price gloom. It always takes lay people longer than you expect to cotton on. The wave will come.

Ironically we’re suffering peak FUD, precisely because Tesla have won and affected industries are fighting for life.

Ok sorry, seems like things are ok..thankfully.

I sold about 30% of my tesla and bought some bitcoin a while back. That way I don't have to have a heart attack whenever the FUD gets really bad. I can just sell by GBTC / bitcoin and buy back tesla on the cheap. I previously had in my mind that I needed a certain number of shares to feel complete but I FINALLY was able to get over that and feel comfortable with less. Last year was a crazy year for me and I made a lot of mistakes investing in Tesla, mainly because I was stubborn and refused to realize TSLA might not rise as expected with success with the model 3 ramp. Since then I've begun to realize that things are out of our control and the timeline for price appreciation can be many many years and possibly decades. Most likely there will be times that TSLA is lower and higher in the future so there is no need to feel you're missing the boat if you're not fully invested. There will be opportunities and keeping some money out of Tesla will be a blessing if things don't go as expected. I hope you guys find a way to invest in Tesla in a balanced and healthy way. Good luck!

Damn. What a dirtbag. Think the SEC will look who was buying puts before his “Elon has backed judge Nathan into a corner” piece aired?