Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol....desperate covering at the close and into AH has turned into a casual premarket selloff. Riiiiiight.

Buying calls at open? Selling BPS?
I understand that this drop is all a result of Elon's tweet about not signing hertz "contract" which is largely meaningless, but be careful. We're truly in uncharted "blow off top" potential situation. Granted TSLA isn't a normal stock, but the move we've seen over the past week is far from normal and I'd just be careful doubling down at these levels.

If by "done deal" you mean on Hertz's side, then sure. However, if you mean between Tesla and Hertz then no, there is no deal on Tesla's side, nor will there be. If Hertz wants cars, they need to order them just like everybody else.

Of course, Elon went and used the word "yet" in his Tweet so I could be wrong...
The fact Hertz has already rolled out an ad campaign (and paid Tom Brady probably 8 figures) means pretty much the Hertz/Tesla deal is all but done.

The fact Hertz has already rolled out an ad campaign (and paid Tom Brady probably 8 figures) means pretty much the Hertz/Tesla deal is all but done.
It means Hertz is buying Teslas.
It does not mean Tesla made any sort of deal or agreement with Hertz on vehicle sales.

A deal could exist regarding branded charging equipment with Tesla connectors and any battery storage, but that would be distinct from vehicle sales. Does anyone else make Tesla charge points?

Edit: Ok, on a re-re-read it does seem like some sort of agreement is in the works, but with minimal impact as regards vehicles sales.

Good morning all. I have read here that tesla exports about 60 percent of the vehicles it makes in the US. Since Tesla doesn’t report sales by country, how does one determine the accuracy of that number? Or did I misunderstand and that number is not correct?

Thank you.
If it was the number, that's no longer the case. China is now the international export hub, Fremont stays on the continent, other than S/X.

I understand that this drop is all a result of Elon's tweet about not signing hertz "contract" which is largely meaningless, but be careful. We're truly in uncharted "blow off top" potential situation. Granted TSLA isn't a normal stock, but the move we've seen over the past week is far from normal and I'd just be careful doubling down at these levels.
I was just saying rabid covering does not turn to steep selloff outside of market hours, so it's an opportunity for a quick few bucks or maybe a BPS entry point if you sell that sort of thing weekly. Seems somewhat moot now anyway as the discounted shares are being gobbled up.

Everyone is putting waaaay to much emphasis on this pointless Hertz "deal".

Many productive ways to knock down the stock price vs tweeting it away. Raising capital or him cashing out to pay taxes could be some. Now someone else dump a few million shares running away with the profits that Tesla could have taken, or Musk himself.
He’s not pennies and dime! just simply pointed out if the stocks price is up do to the none sign deals that has little impact to Tesla economic then it’s crazy. Like it or not this is how the man operates.

This is actually a pretty healthy place for this run-up to take a breather and a pretty strategic place for MM's to try to create a defense from any further squeeze beyond their control. At the close yesterday TSLA traded at the top of a channel that would be formed by the 2 year trendline and the 900-600 pull pack (the Gary Black pullback). A battle between WS and WSB? WSB and a lot of people here would benefit from the stock continuing to run. WS needs a road block to prevent that from happening. We have seen TSLA trade in a channel formation many times in the past, and it has allowed many of us to 'buy the dip' along the bottom of those channels. It will be very interesting to see what happens here - both with the chart/stock price, and with the controversy surrounding the Hertz deal at the top of a new potential channel formation - a return to more predictable trading or a full blown runaway train...............The John Gault train maybe?

1635859674755.png

Good luck to Longs!

I think it's not totally crazy to observe that TSLA is recovering in the pre-market. It has climbed 3.9% from $1125 to $1169.

I think there's a chance TSLA could end up neutral or even up on the day. The Hertz contract news appears to be the only concrete thing. HTZZ is down 6% in the pre-market.
My guess would be they are suckering the latest wave of traders betting on exactly that while they start dumping as fast as they can. Of course, this is a guess, and I definitely did not guess the action the past couple of weeks lol.

Would definitely be nuts if it just shrugged this off and continued to move higher today. Not even a couple days consolidation? Like a movie where the world has figured out the evil overlord is about to assume command and there is nothing else to buy.

So, you’re just like everyone else out there, huh? Not really different at all. Elon tweets a point of clarification. Nay, let’s call it TRANSPARENCY and you lose your banana splits. Just look at yourselves. Why The Universe chose you for a financial windfall is a mystery to me, but I’m about to have a word with Paulie and see about him visiting each and every one of you complainers and drama queens. Give your heads a shake and act like you’ve been here more than thirty seconds. This is why we can’t have nice things. This is why I can’t have my blow-people-up-with-my-mind superpower. It would look like a frog in a blender in here.

Every. Bloody Mary. Time. 🙄

FYI, this is all because Elon tweeted poetry.

If Neroden was still posting I think he would certainly have a comment this morning about the dangers of setting trailing stops 3%-5% below the previous closing price followed by his history lesson reminding us that it was Wall Street that invented trailing stops to encourage investors to set them so they could run the price down and pick up cheap shares before the stock price keeps moving up. A lot of those stops are getting mopped up this morning