Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WoW, just went on optionprofits calculator and the difference between 1000 strike is a break even of 1349 at expiration and the 500 strike has a break even 1089.

Of course premium is 589 instead of 349 but I find the 500 strike LEAP far more interesting. Didn’t realize there was so much of a difference

Thanks for the info
I have 1 deep in the money 500 call. It is a toe in the water for me and it seems interesting. I got it far enough out to be long term at sale or exercise In a taxable account.

One of the interesting possibilities is that a pop in price followed by a split ”might” result in some real shares at an attractive price but this seems a very long shot.

Reactions: OrthoSurg
Like my wife always says. If you are not sure what to do, do a little bit of everything.

So, can I assume this was your handiwork?

1642688886018.png

I'm sure youtube can easily identify me as interested in tesla and finance, I still find it interesting that a recent youtube advert was a specific Tesla one from EToro, featuring very positive graphs, quotes, including a positive FredTrek quote as well.

Question is - does this advert get played to others who are interested in stocks but not necessarily Tesla? Tesla consistently one of the most traded shares by retail in Europe (from memory). As more Tesla owners & friends/family experience the car, retail investment might grow.

NFLX and AAPL both have a reputation for selling off after beats, but during the current tech beatdown this might actually reverse. If NFLX beats, and pops, then I think we might see the good color. The Triple-Q's are right on 200 DMA right now too, if we're going to see a bounce, it happens here.

The other wild card is Putin rattles the saber too much and actually cuts someone with it. Then look out below everywhere.
What effect would Putin invading Ukraine have on the market really?

I agree with @FrankSG that all profits/losses should be expressed in shares. Edit: if I've understood him correctly, don't want to misrepresent.

Back in 2019/2020, I created a call-to-stock breakeven/profit calculator. Anyone here is free to use it. It's very basic -- you just pop the necessary info in the highlighted cells. The breakeven point is the stock price at the expiration date that makes it more worth it to buy the call (at the call's current price) vs buying the stock.

Price of crude oil shoots up, inflation fears escalate.
that’s a big maybe, certainay higher crude makes EVs more attractive.
This is what I used to tell @jhm about in the oil thread. We've entered an era where the very existence of the legacy fossil world requires that they start big trouble.

The day Putin backs down and declares no intention to invade, he loses millions in daily revenue moving forward. Not a very healthy setup.

What effect would Putin invading Ukraine have on the market really?

Given the relatively soft stance the current administration has mouthed on this, I think the effect on markets would be muted. But if the US took a harder-line stance and showed some spine I think it might cause markets to rally a bit.

Military conflict comes in all flavors but most of the time it is mostly shrugged off by the markets or it sets off a rally (after the immediate reaction dip).

54BE8870-6ED8-4059-9FB1-1ACECD55BB99.jpeg

Had an interesting experience a week ago in Atlanta. I had seen maybe 2 months ago some model Ys driving around with the California MFG plates of 63277, but I finally got to see one up close and at a stop light. Strange sensors on top with mirrored glass on the outside and definitely different software running in the car.

I was on my bike so I knocked on the window and signaled for him to roll it down.

"Hi! I was wondering what those sensors were on top of your-"
"They're keeping you safe! We're out here trying to keep you safe. This is to keep you safe."
"Ah ok but I noticed your car is running really different software from a normal Tes-"
"Oh sorry! Highly confidential and I can't talk about it! Have a nice night!"

"Hi! I was wondering what those sensors were on top of your-"
"They're keeping you safe! We're out here trying to keep you safe. This is to keep you safe."
He thinks you're just a concerned citizen.
"Ah ok but I noticed your car is running really different software from a normal Tes-"
"Oh sorry! Highly confidential and I can't talk about it! Have a nice night!"
"Oh sh*t, you're one of those TSLA investors!"